Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

hsikkema hsikkema

Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

I seem to have a corrupted installation of Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7
Home Premium 64 bit (some files will not open but throw an SEH exception)
most documents work fine but a few have SEH issues. All the files work well
on another machine.  I am wondering how to completely remove LO from my
machine (other than a basic uninstall) so I could try a fresh install or
might be anything else that may cause this difficulty that I could try to
fix.

Any suggestions? (Do I need to provide more details?)

Henry

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

       From where did you download LO?; if not from there actual site, then
the version may be corrupt -
          suggestion: go to the LO site & re-download allowing this one to
take over the LO you presently have on your machine,

       Hoping this helps,

timllloyd timllloyd

On 05/04/16 05:43, Henry Sikkema wrote:
>   All the files work wellon another machine.

All the files work well on another machine with the same version of
LibreOffice? If that is the case then is there a problem with the PC?

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

My LO installation is from the main LO website and I used the same LO
installation file on both machines.

I am convinced that there is a problem on my machine and I am trying to
locate that problem.

*Henry*

On 4 April 2016 at 16:25, anne-ology <[hidden email]> wrote:

>        From where did you download LO?; if not from there actual site, then
> the version may be corrupt -
>           suggestion: go to the LO site & re-download allowing this one to
> take over the LO you presently have on your machine,
>
>        Hoping this helps,
>

> From: Henry Sikkema <[hidden email]>
> Date: Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:43 PM
> Subject: [libreoffice-users] Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7
> To: [hidden email]
>

> I seem to have a corrupted installation of Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7
> Home Premium 64 bit (some files will not open but throw an SEH exception)
> most documents work fine but a few have SEH issues. All the files work well
> on another machine.  I am wondering how to completely remove LO from my
> machine (other than a basic uninstall) so I could try a fresh install or
> might be anything else that may cause this difficulty that I could try to
> fix.
>
> Any suggestions? (Do I need to provide more details?)
>
> Henry

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Both machines run the same LO version.  Any ideas what the machine's
problem might be?

Henry

Erik Jan Erik Jan

Henry Sikkema schreef op 05-04-16 om 15:04:

> Both machines run the same LO version.  Any ideas what the machine's
> problem might be?
>
> Henry
>
> On 4 April 2016 at 16:33, Tim Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 05/04/16 05:43, Henry Sikkema wrote:
>>
>>>    All the files work wellon another machine.
>>>
>>> All the files work well on another machine with the same version of
>> LibreOffice? If that is the case then is there a problem with the PC?

There might be a problem with the configuration file on one machine. If
so, just delete it and LO will make a standard new one and open your
document.

I don not know where this file is to be found; somewhere in "Appdata" or
some such directory, I guess. I( am a happy Linux user and have
forgotten where to find these configuration files in Windows.

Greetings and good luck.

Erik

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Would an uninstall remove this configuration file? ... if so, I have
uninstalled twice and reinstalled and the problem persists.

*Henry*

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Am 07.04.2016 um 21:19 schrieb Henry Sikkema:
> Would an uninstall remove this configuration file? ... if so, I have
> uninstalled twice and reinstalled and the problem persists.
>
> *Henry*

No.

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

I tried a complete re-uninstall and deleted the profile folder and
reinstalled and a new profile folder was created when I started LO Calc
again.  The file still crashes LO Calc on my machine but not on the other
machine.

Aside from a complete re-install of Windows 7, I do not know what else to
attempt.

*Henry*

Am 08.04.2016 um 03:02 schrieb Henry Sikkema:
> I tried a complete re-uninstall and deleted the profile folder and
> reinstalled and a new profile folder was created when I started LO Calc
> again.  The file still crashes LO Calc on my machine but not on the other
> machine.
>
> Aside from a complete re-install of Windows 7, I do not know what else to
> attempt.
>
> *Henry*

Start Windows in protected mode, start LibreOffice and see if protected
mode makes any difference.

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Thank you Andreas, for the suggestion.  Running Windows 7 in SafeMode
allows the file to load!  So how do I find the offending files or
configuration?

Henry

Am 08.04.2016 um 04:04 schrieb Henry Sikkema:
> Thank you Andreas, for the suggestion.  Running Windows 7 in SafeMode
> allows the file to load!  So how do I find the offending files or
> configuration?
>
> Henry

I don't know. My knowledge about Windows is very limited.

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Hi Henry,

have the failing files something in common? For example a special kind
of chart?

My candidates for failure are OpenGL (e.g. 3D rendering) and OpenCL
(something for calculating, I don't know details). But for testing you
should disable that.

Make sure your LO is running well with someother file. In Tools >
Options > Load/Save you will find the item "Load user-specific settings
with the document". Disable it.

In Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View you can disable OpenGL.

In Tools > Options > OpenCL you can disable OpenCL.

Restart LO to activate the changes.

Now try again to load a problematic file.

Kind regards
Regina

Henry Sikkema schrieb:

> Thank you Andreas, for the suggestion.  Running Windows 7 in SafeMode
> allows the file to load!  So how do I find the offending files or
> configuration?
>
> Henry
>
> On 7 April 2016 at 21:19, Andreas Säger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Am 08.04.2016 um 03:02 schrieb Henry Sikkema:
>>> I tried a complete re-uninstall and deleted the profile folder and
>>> reinstalled and a new profile folder was created when I started LO Calc
>>> again.  The file still crashes LO Calc on my machine but not on the other
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> Aside from a complete re-install of Windows 7, I do not know what else to
>>> attempt.
>>>
>>> *Henry*
>>
>> Start Windows in protected mode, start LibreOffice and see if protected
>> mode makes any difference.

>> deleted

timllloyd timllloyd

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Have we established this is a problem specific to LO? Are there any
other problems on the PC?

Apologies if this has been touched on before but I am wondering whether
is disk is faulty.

Cheers

On 08/04/16 19:44, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> have the failing files something in common? For example a special kind
> of chart?
>
> My candidates for failure are OpenGL (e.g. 3D rendering) and OpenCL
> (something for calculating, I don't know details). But for testing you
> should disable that.
>
> Make sure your LO is running well with someother file. In Tools >
> Options > Load/Save you will find the item "Load user-specific
> settings with the document". Disable it.
>
> In Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View you can disable OpenGL.
>
> In Tools > Options > OpenCL you can disable OpenCL.
>
> Restart LO to activate the changes.
>
> Now try again to load a problematic file.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina
>

> Henry Sikkema schrieb:
>> Thank you Andreas, for the suggestion. Running Windows 7 in SafeMode
>> allows the file to load!  So how do I find the offending files or
>> configuration?
>>
>> Henry

>>> Start Windows in protected mode, start LibreOffice and see if protected
>>> mode makes any difference.
>>>

>>> --
>>> deleted

John Greenstreet John Greenstreet

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Have you tried a *System Restore* -- choosing a *Restore Point* date prior
to the occurrence of  the *LibreOffice* problem? This procedure would
likely cause *subsequently-installed programs to malfunction* and they
would have to be reinstalled. But the *Windows'* *System Restore* has an
*"Undo"* feature should it *not help*.

Take care.

*- John*

[image: Inline image 1]

John Greenstreet

988 Deep Run Hollow

Delray, West Virginia 26714

(540) 686-1039 home

  *On Facebook*:

  http://facebook.com/jagreenstreet

   *On Skype*:
   john.greenstreet5

*  You Tube** videos*:

  http://www.youtube.com/user/jgreenst1409

   *Other Pages Managed on Facebook*:

   Tommy Gumina, celebrity accordionist -
https://www.facebook.com/tommygumina

    Brooklyn-Curtis Bay MD History - https://www.facebook.com/baybrook

    Emmett Toomey's Personal Page - https://www.facebook.com/eftoomey

    John Greenstreet's Personal Page - https://www.facebook.com/jag.personal

    North River Ruritan - https://www.facebook.com/nrruritan

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer. Thank you.

John Greenstreet

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Thank you Tim!  You were correct that it is the OpenCL that made the
document fail.

So the next questions is...  What does Open CL do that is causing the
document to fail?

But my document works now, so THANK YOU!

Henry

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

> Open Computing Language (OpenCL) is a framework for writing programs
> that execute across heterogeneous platforms consisting of central
> processing units (CPUs), graphics processing units (GPUs), digital
> signal processors (DSPs), field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) and
> other processors or hardware accelerators.
If OpenCL is active on both, suggest that you are using two differing
GPU and/or CPU drivers. One working correctly and the other not.

On 4/8/2016 12:29 PM, Henry Sikkema wrote:

> Thank you Tim!  You were correct that it is the OpenCL that made the
> document fail.
>
> So the next questions is...  What does Open CL do that is causing the
> document to fail?
>
> But my document works now, so THANK YOU!
>
> Henry
>
> On 8 April 2016 at 06:39, Tim Lloyd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Have we established this is a problem specific to LO? Are there any other
>> problems on the PC?
>>
>> Apologies if this has been touched on before but I am wondering whether is
>> disk is faulty.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On 08/04/16 19:44, Regina Henschel wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Henry,
>>>
>>> have the failing files something in common? For example a special kind of
>>> chart?
>>>
>>> My candidates for failure are OpenGL (e.g. 3D rendering) and OpenCL
>>> (something for calculating, I don't know details). But for testing you
>>> should disable that.
>>>
>>> Make sure your LO is running well with someother file. In Tools > Options
>>> document". Disable it.
>>>
>>> In Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View you can disable OpenGL.
>>>
>>> In Tools > Options > OpenCL you can disable OpenCL.
>>>
>>> Restart LO to activate the changes.
>>>
>>> Now try again to load a problematic file.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Regina

>> deleted

hsikkema hsikkema

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Thank you, Regina, for your solution of changing the OpenCl/OpenGL settings
to make my file function correctly.

Sorry for not giving credit where it was due.

*Henry*
O LORD our Lord how glorious is Your Name in all the Earth ~ Ps 8:1
Mr. Henry Sikkema, BEd, MSc.
Rehoboth Christian School    phone: 905-627-5977
198 Inksetter Rd             email:  [hidden email]
PO Box 70                    website: science.rehoboth.on.ca
Copetown, ON
L0R 1J0

On 8 April 2016 at 05:44, Regina Henschel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Henry,
>
> have the failing files something in common? For example a special kind of
> chart?
>
> My candidates for failure are OpenGL (e.g. 3D rendering) and OpenCL
> (something for calculating, I don't know details). But for testing you
> should disable that.
>
> Make sure your LO is running well with someother file. In Tools > Options
> > Load/Save you will find the item "Load user-specific settings with the
> document". Disable it.
>
> In Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View you can disable OpenGL.
>
> In Tools > Options > OpenCL you can disable OpenCL.
>
> Restart LO to activate the changes.
>
> Now try again to load a problematic file.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina
>

> Henry Sikkema schrieb:
>
>> Thank you Andreas, for the suggestion.  Running Windows 7 in SafeMode
>> allows the file to load!  So how do I find the offending files or
>> configuration?
>>
>> Henry

>>> Start Windows in protected mode, start LibreOffice and see if protected
>>> mode makes any difference.
>>>

>>> --
>>> deleted

TomD TomD

Re: Libreoffice 5.1.1.3 on Windows 7

Hi :)
Nicely done! :)))

It's always good to hear someone has fixed their problem and it's great
when the right person gets credit.
Congrats, thanks and regards from
Tom :)