Libreoffice office cloud version

sterbl.ta sterbl.ta

Libreoffice office cloud version

Rather than saying this is a question. This is more like expressing what I am looking for, after searching online. My search result doesn't find anything similar, so ask it here (and appreciate any suggestions if any similar service existed).

I am looking for something like Google doc, sheet but purely libreoffice version where I can do online collaborative editing, sharing doc, and so on. I understand there are services like MS sharepoint, Google doc, and so on. But I am more interested in using open source software, and I know some of my friends who also want to use such service as well, though I understand that might not be big enough request in triggering to create such service. But anyway that'd be nice to see such service that people can use.

And thanks community's effort to create such kind of software!

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Libreoffice office cloud version

Howdy,

Good news! There is already a solution for what you are looking for.

LibreOffice OnLine has been under development and available for a couple of
years.

You can find a user level guide to the software on the documentation page:
https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/

Now - the part that may not be what you are hoping for:

You have to either host an instance yourself, which is both easy and hard
at the same time, or find a service that offers it.

At least one major email provider is offering LOOL as part of their
package: gmx.com

There are bunches of internet hosting providers who offer managed versions
of LOOL as part of their packaged offerings.

The way most folks self host today is in tandem with a file sharing or CMS
type platform. One of the more common is NextCloud and LibreOffice is an
available optional module that you can install from the standard control
panel.

Anyway, I hope that helps point in the direction you are looking to go.

Best wishes,

Drew

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 12:52 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rather than saying this is a question. This is more like expressing what I
> am looking for, after searching online. My search result doesn't find
> anything similar, so ask it here (and appreciate any suggestions if any
> similar service existed).
>
> I am looking for something like Google doc, sheet but purely libreoffice
> version where I can do online collaborative editing, sharing doc, and so
> on. I understand there are services like MS sharepoint, Google doc, and so
> on. But I am more interested in using open source software, and I know some
> of my friends who also want to use such service as well, though I
> understand that might not be big enough request in triggering to create
> such service. But anyway that'd be nice to see such service that people can
> use.
>
> And thanks community's effort to create such kind of software!

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: Libreoffice office cloud version

You may want to look here: https://nextcloud.com/