Libreoffice.org: Developer menu heading: add links to dev resources

David Nelson David Nelson

Libreoffice.org: Developer menu heading: add links to dev resources

Hi,

On May 4, 2012, Andrew Higginson added 2 pages, that are currently
unpublished drafts.

The 2 pages are redirector links, 1 pointing to LibreOffice's git (
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice) and the other pointing to the
function documentation (http://docs.libreoffice.org/avmedia.html).

Obviously, if these submenu items were added, there would have to be a 3rd
added, pointing to the current page content.

Personally, I find the above pages to be useful additions. Christian
pointed out that the resources pointed-to don't have any link back to the
libreoffice.org site, and suggested integrating the links into the content
of the current page.

Anybody got any comments about this? I'm CC'ing Michael Meeks, who has a
particular interest in this page.

--
David Nelson

Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

Re: Libreoffice.org: Developer menu heading: add links to dev resources

On Sun, 2013-07-14 at 19:41 +0300, David Nelson wrote:
> The 2 pages are redirector links, 1 pointing to LibreOffice's git
> (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice) and the other pointing to
> the function documentation (http://docs.libreoffice.org/avmedia.html).

        I'm missing some context here; the docs.libreoffice.org is built out of
our */README files in the core/ module trying to document the source.
IIRC there is some complicated markup thing there that I've forgotten,
and the README's inevitably don't match that well or look as beautiful
as they could (which is a shame) - patches welcome to improve that.

        HTH,

                Michael.

Re: Libreoffice.org: Developer menu heading: add links to dev resources

Hi David, *,

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM, David Nelson <[hidden email]> wrote:>

> On My 4, 2012, Andrew Higginson added 2 pages, that are currently
> unpublished drafts.

For context: talking about the www.libreoffice.org page, where those
two pages were added as one of the toplevel navigation entries/pages.

> The 2 pages are redirector links, 1 pointing to LibreOffice's git (
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice) and the other pointing to the
> function documentation (http://docs.libreoffice.org/avmedia.html).
>
> Obviously, if these submenu items were added, there would have to be a 3rd
> added, pointing to the current page content.
>
> Personally, I find the above pages to be useful additions. Christian
> pointed out that the resources pointed-to don't have any link back to the
> libreoffice.org site, and suggested integrating the links into the content
> of the current page.

Main main concern is that I don't want to have links in the two
main-navigation levels that point away from the site. So I'd prefer
those to be links in the content, or entries further down the
hierarchy.

But don't consider it a veto - just I was the only one who responded
to those request at the time :-))

ciao
Christian