[Libreoffice-qa] Building or bibisecting

sophi sophi

[Libreoffice-qa] Building or bibisecting

Hi all,

I would like to know who here is frequently building LibreOffice or is
bibisecting on a regular basis?
You can either answer on the list or directly to me if you prefer.
Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
tagezi tagezi

Re: Building or bibisecting

Hi Sophie,

В письме от 1 декабря 2015 15:56:35 пользователь Sophie написал:
> I would like to know who here is frequently building LibreOffice or is
> bibisecting on a regular basis?
I build LO about one or two times a week. But I do not  bibisect.

Best regards,
Lera
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: [Libreoffice-qa] Building or bibisecting

Sophi, *

Build on Linux but only when patching.

Routinely bisect against my archive of daily pulls of Windows TBs.

I don't run a bibisect git repo (though I probably should invest in setting up the Windows flavor since we seem short there).

Stuart
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Building or bibisecting

Le 01/12/2015 15:56, Sophie a écrit :

Hi Sophie,

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know who here is frequently building LibreOffice or is
> bibisecting on a regular basis?
> You can either answer on the list or directly to me if you prefer.
> Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback

I try and build once a day on Mac from master, with personalized autogen
input parameters (with-lang=fr, disable-firebird-sdbc,
enable-ext-mariadb-connector, and some other extensions).

BTW, I noticed a few untranslated menu entries in my 5.1 alpha the other
day, before 5.1 rc branch-off.

I don't bibisect - one of the reasons being that last time I tried,
bibisecting on OSX required one to go through the pain of Gatekeeper
every ******* time you start LO, the other being that bibisect support
is/was incomplete for anything earlier than 4.1.

Alex

jmadero jmadero

Re: Building or bibisecting

On 12/01/2015 08:52 AM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
I don't bibisect - one of the reasons being that last time I tried,
bibisecting on OSX required one to go through the pain of Gatekeeper
every ******* time you start LO

(08:57:21 AM) shm_get_: jmadero 1/ you can turn off gatekeeper while you are doing the bisection. 2/ right-click open also allow to bypass gatekeeper when opening stuff in a gui env

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

Re: [Libreoffice-qa] Building or bibisecting

I quite often do bibisect, most often from the daily dbgutil repository for Linux, but going to older versions as needed.  I have, just for the fun of it, cloned the Windows bibisect repository, and it seems to be good; however it covers such a narrow range of commits that I seldom think of using it.

I do occasionally do a local build, but not very often:  the build takes about 30 hours, thirty very warm hours.  Of course, my system falls well short of the minimum recommended specs.

HTH,
Terry.
Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 Jean-Baptiste Faure-3

Re: Building or bibisecting

Hi Sophie,

Le 01/12/2015 15:56, Sophie a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know who here is frequently building LibreOffice or is
> bibisecting on a regular basis?
> You can either answer on the list or directly to me if you prefer.
> Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback

I build 2 versions (currently branches 5.0 and 5.1) at least one time a
day. I build in release mode and install under the current version of
Ubuntu x86-64.

Best regards
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.
Norbert Thiebaud Norbert Thiebaud

Re: Building or bibisecting

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 9:23 AM, V Stuart Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sophi, *
>
> Build on Linux but only when patching.
>
> Routinely bisect against my archive of daily pulls of Windows TBs.
>
> I don't run a bibisect git repo (though I probably should invest in setting
> up the Windows flavor since we seem short there).

FYI:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/admin/projects/?filter=bibisect

bibisect-macosx-64-5.0
bibisect-macosx-64-5.1
bibisect-win32-5.0
bibisect-win32-5.1

the bibisect repo for the 5.2 epoch have been started on both windows
and mac... they are not published to gerrit yet, as there is still
fairly few commit in them at this point...
These are built, as a on-going ci-task using
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=lode.git;a=blob;f=bin/build_bibisect;h=f14aea4368b3e1dca35cbce43eece0089d7d26d9;hb=refs/heads/master

Norbert