[Libreoffice-qa] [GSoC] Refreshed Android Impress Remote

Artur Dryomov Artur Dryomov

[Libreoffice-qa] [GSoC] Refreshed Android Impress Remote

Hi All,

This summer I was working on Android Impress Remote improvements.
The application was improved from almost all sides and huge rework was done.

It would be great if some of you could test the application and tell me what do you think ;-)
There is a direct link to the APK file [1] and a wiki page with screenshots and some description [2].

If you are in, there are some steps to begin testing.
  • LibreOffice 4.0.3 or higher should be installed on your computer, you should enable some options as well — they are described through a connection process, there is a requirements page as well just at the application.
  • Obviously you need Android-running device ;-) The app is optimized for phones at moment but tablets should be pretty fine for testing purposes as well. Your device should run Android 2.3 or higher.
  • Some options should be activated. If you are using Android 2.3 it is “Settings → Apps → Unknown sources”. If you are using Android 4 or higher it is “Settings → Security → Unknown sources”.
  • The APK should be downloaded and installed.
Probably that’s all. All exceptions are reported auto-magically but anyway if you got a crash it is better to send me steps-to-reproduce so I could fix it ;-) Please send any suggestions, feature requests, questions and other thoughts to this thread or to my email.

Thanks!
Artur.