[Libreoffice-qa] HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

Keith Curtis Keith Curtis

[Libreoffice-qa] HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

Hi;

I think it would be good to get some basic level of support for hidpi
into LibreOffice 4.2.1:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/HiDpi

The code has been in master since late December and there have been
fixes already:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Font-size-dropdown-regression-td4094349.html

Does anyone have such a laptop running Linux or Windows to do some
testing? Norbert has done some initial Mac work but it isn't enough to
turn off the compatibility mode yet:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0c9e4d9b223a0593686bee800484de3c23095d4f

Please cc, not on list.

-Keith
Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon

Re: HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

On Saturday, February 1, 2014, Keith Curtis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I think it would be good to get some basic level of support for hidpi
> into LibreOffice 4.2.1:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/HiDpi
>
> The code has been in master since late December and there have been
> fixes already:
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Font-size-dropdown-regression-td4094349.html
>
> Does anyone have such a laptop running Linux or Windows to do some
> testing? Norbert has done some initial Mac work but it isn't enough to
> turn off the compatibility mode yet:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0c9e4d9b223a0593686bee800484de3c23095d4f

Sounds good from my end, but I don't currently have access to hidpi hardware. Does anyone else on the list have appropriate hardware who could help w/testing?

Thanks,
-R
darcy darcy

Re: HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

Robinson Tryon wrote
On Saturday, February 1, 2014, Keith Curtis <[hidden email]> wrote: > Hi; > > I think it would be good to get some basic level of support for hidpi > into LibreOffice 4.2.1: > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/HiDpi > > The code has been in master since late December and there have been > fixes already: > http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Font-size-dropdown-regression-td4094349.html > > Does anyone have such a laptop running Linux or Windows to do some > testing? Norbert has done some initial Mac work but it isn't enough to > turn off the compatibility mode yet: > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0c9e4d9b223a0593686bee800484de3c23095d4f > Sounds good from my end, but I don't currently have access to hidpi hardware. Does anyone else on the list have appropriate hardware who could help w/testing? Thanks, -R _______________________________________________ List Name: Libreoffice-qa mailing list Mail address: [hidden email] Change settings: http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice-qa Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/
Hi, Happy to help w/ testing, I have a hidpi screen running Fedora 20. Send me some details. Thanks.

darcy darcy

Re: [Libreoffice-qa] HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

Keith Curtis wrote
Hi;

I think it would be good to get some basic level of support for hidpi
into LibreOffice 4.2.1:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/HiDpi

The code has been in master since late December and there have been
fixes already:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Font-size-dropdown-regression-td4094349.html

Does anyone have such a laptop running Linux or Windows to do some
testing? Norbert has done some initial Mac work but it isn't enough to
turn off the compatibility mode yet:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=0c9e4d9b223a0593686bee800484de3c23095d4f

Please cc, not on list.

-Keith

I have a laptop with a high DPI screen running Fedora 20.  Happy to help testing let me know what you need.

Darcy.
darcy darcy

Re: [Libreoffice-qa] HiDPI testing for LibreOffice 4.2.1

Keith,

I have built the latest from the git and can confirm that the code appears to work well.  Very much looking forward to seeing this in an upcoming release.  I've put a screenshot side-by-side.  It has poor resolution but you can see the difference in icon size.

Great work, thanks!

Darcy.