[Libreoffice-qa] Keyword for ux-advise

jphilipz jphilipz

[Libreoffice-qa] Keyword for ux-advise

Hi All,

The design team would like a 'needsUXEval' keyword added to the keywords
field, so that ux-advise bugs can be assigned that keyword instead of
having ux-advise assigned in the component field, so for example it
would be easy to search bugs in Draw that require ux-advise.

QA members that would be assigning this new keyword rather than the
component should be aware that they would have to add the ux-advise
mailing list email to the CC list, as that isnt automatically being set
with the use of the keyword.

Yousuf
jmadero jmadero

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

Hi,

> The design team would like a 'needsUXEval' keyword added to the
> keywords field, so that ux-advise bugs can be assigned that keyword
> instead of having ux-advise assigned in the component field, so for
> example it would be easy to search bugs in Draw that require ux-advise.
Done

> QA members that would be assigning this new keyword rather than the
> component should be aware that they would have to add the ux-advise
> mailing list email to the CC list, as that isnt automatically being
> set with the use of the keyword.
I doubt people will remember to do this - but, it's your workflow.

Should I delete the component?

Best,
Joel
jmadero jmadero

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

On 04/17/2016 08:13 AM, Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The design team would like a 'needsUXEval' keyword added to the
> keywords field, so that ux-advise bugs can be assigned that keyword
> instead of having ux-advise assigned in the component field, so for
> example it would be easy to search bugs in Draw that require ux-advise.
>
> QA members that would be assigning this new keyword rather than the
> component should be aware that they would have to add the ux-advise
> mailing list email to the CC list, as that isnt automatically being
> set with the use of the keyword.

Question: Are QA members still just pushing to NEW? Are we leaving in
UNCONFIRMED with some reasonable expectation that UX will tackle them?

Currently we just immediate toss the bug to NEW without confirming to
get them out of the UNCONFIRMED stack. Personally, I think that this is
preferred because without this QA members will: (1) be seeing these bugs
over and over again with no insight as to whether they are valid; (2)
New QA members might be confused and just push them to NEW and confirm
without knowing UX methods; (3) it might leads to QA members bickering
over the best UX practice when this is a job for UX, not QA.

Joel
jphilipz jphilipz

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

Hey,

On 04/17/2016 08:53 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The design team would like a 'needsUXEval' keyword added to the
>> keywords field, so that ux-advise bugs can be assigned that keyword
>> instead of having ux-advise assigned in the component field, so for
>> example it would be easy to search bugs in Draw that require ux-advise.
> Done

Thanks

>> QA members that would be assigning this new keyword rather than the
>> component should be aware that they would have to add the ux-advise
>> mailing list email to the CC list, as that isnt automatically being
>> set with the use of the keyword.
> I doubt people will remember to do this - but, it's your workflow.

Kendy felt it maybe difficult and wanted to know if it was possible to
do this from the bugzilla end so that it would be automatic.

> Should I delete the component?

I wouldnt delete the component until all the entries set to ux-advise
are changed to a more suitable component.

> Best,
> Joel

Regards,
Yousuf
jmadero jmadero

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

On 04/17/2016 02:11 PM, Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote:
> maybe difficult and wanted to know if it was possible to
> do this from the bugzilla end so that it would be automatic.
Not by default - it would require some hacking of bugzilla.

jmadero jmadero

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

> Kendy felt it maybe difficult and wanted to know if it was possible to
> do this from the bugzilla end so that it would be automatic.
Probably easier solution is that 2 or 3 of you just monitor this link
routinely (has keyword, does not have UX in mailing list):

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?email1=libreoffice-ux-advise%40lists.freedesktop.org&emailcc1=1&emailtype1=notequals&keywords=needsUXEval&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=604822&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

Best,
Joel
Raal Raal

Re: Keyword for ux-advise

On 17.4.2016 17:13, Yousuf 'Jay' Philips wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The design team would like a 'needsUXEval' keyword added to the keywords
> field, so that ux-advise bugs can be assigned that keyword instead of
> having ux-advise assigned in the component field, so for example it
> would be easy to search bugs in Draw that require ux-advise.
>
> QA members that would be assigning this new keyword rather than the
> component should be aware that they would have to add the ux-advise
> mailing list email to the CC list, as that isnt automatically being set
> with the use of the keyword.
>
> Yousuf

Please add description of the keyword here:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/describekeywords.cgi

ux-advise mailing list: [hidden email]

Thanks

--
LibreOffice is powered by a team of volunteers who mostly give their
time for free.