[Libreoffice-qa] L10n of Florian's Windows installer

12 « Prev
Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Please review the attached POT file.

Note typo is present that should be fixed before use:

#: dirnotfoundmessage
msgid "Please check your choosen directory!"
msgstr ""

#: dirnotfoundmessage
msgid "Please check your chosen directory!"
msgstr ""

cjl

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Florian Reisinger
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It is okay for me, but I have not used Pootle a lot...
> For me it would be the best to give you a xls [I use a program to import
> them into the .resx file format] file and get one in return from time to
> time, or if I ask to...
>
> I hope that this is okay for all of you :)
>
> Am 28.08.2013 10:11, schrieb Sophie:
>> Hi Chris, Florian, all,
>> Le 28/08/2013 01:00, Chris Leonard a écrit :
>>> It would really help you manage translation workflow if you just
>>> posted the POT to the Pootle "templates" language.  You can easily
>>> create a new project for this if you want it seperate from other
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> If this is spreadsheet based, using csv2po and po2csv might be needed.
>>
>> Taking into account the number of localizations we have now I think that
>> would be the best for all of us.
>> Florian, is it ok for you if we use Pootle to maintain the localization
>> flow, this is where we are used to work for all the LibreOffice projects.
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>>

> --
> Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
> Florian Reisinger

Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Transformation to and from csv file and PO file is accomplished with
the Translate Toolkit csv2po and po2csv commands

http://toolkit.translatehouse.org/

http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/translate-toolkit/en/latest/commands/csv2po.html

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM, Chris Leonard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please review the attached POT file.
>

> Note typo is present that should be fixed before use:
>
> #: dirnotfoundmessage
> msgid "Please check your choosen directory!"
> msgstr ""

> #: dirnotfoundmessage
> msgid "Please check your chosen directory!"
> msgstr ""
>

> cjl
>
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Florian Reisinger
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It is okay for me, but I have not used Pootle a lot...
>> For me it would be the best to give you a xls [I use a program to import
>> them into the .resx file format] file and get one in return from time to
>> time, or if I ask to...
>>
>> I hope that this is okay for all of you :)
>>
>> Am 28.08.2013 10:11, schrieb Sophie:
>>> Hi Chris, Florian, all,

>>> Taking into account the number of localizations we have now I think that
>>> would be the best for all of us.
>>> Florian, is it ok for you if we use Pootle to maintain the localization
>>> flow, this is where we are used to work for all the LibreOffice projects.
>>> Cheers
>>> Sophie
>>>

>> --
>> Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
>> Florian Reisinger
Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] L10n of Florian's Windows installer

No work done on the spreadsheet need be lost.  Attached are rough
conversions of all of the more complete langs for upload to Pootle.
They should still be checked over.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris, Florian, all,
> Le 28/08/2013 01:00, Chris Leonard a écrit :
>
>> It would really help you manage translation workflow if you just
>> posted the POT to the Pootle "templates" language.  You can easily
>> create a new project for this if you want it seperate from other
>> projects.
>>
>> If this is spreadsheet based, using csv2po and po2csv might be needed.
>

> Taking into account the number of localizations we have now I think that
> would be the best for all of us.
> Florian, is it ok for you if we use Pootle to maintain the localization
> flow, this is where we are used to work for all the LibreOffice projects.
> Cheers
> Sophie

LO_Win.zip (51K) Download Attachment
Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: L10n of Florian's Windows installer

In data mercoledì 28 agosto 2013 09:32:02, Tommy ha scritto:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:13:59 +0200, Valter Mura
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > In data martedì 27 agosto 2013 13:09:42, Sophie ha scritto:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Florian Reisinger has developed a Windows installer which performs a
> >> parallel installation of LibreOffice on Windows without using the
> >> command line. .... snip ....
> >>
> >> If you're interested to add your language, please send a mail here or on
> >> the qa@ list (in copy of this mail). Thanks!
> >
> > Please add also Italian, thanks.
> >
> > Ciao
>
> Hi Valter, just to avoid we do the same work twice, I'm starting
> translation of the GUI strings.
> If you want you can start with the software help file.

Ok Tommy.

Florian, may I have the link for the help file? Is it a downloadable and
editable file?

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Re: L10n of Florian's Windows installer

In data giovedì 29 agosto 2013 15:10:22, Tommy ha scritto:

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:44:47 +0200, Valter Mura
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > In data mercoledì 28 agosto 2013 09:32:02, Tommy ha scritto:
> >> Hi Valter, just to avoid we do the same work twice, I'm starting
> >> translation of the GUI strings.
> >> If you want you can start with the software help file.
> >
> > Ok Tommy.
> >
> > Florian, may I have the link for the help file? Is it a downloadable and
> > editable file?
> >
> > Ciao
>
> I've already translated the strings and mailed them to Florian.
>
> The English help is here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fpXRsYt6WLP9o5q3L1j_wlju3NxWVp_FSDqD_ieD
> LRk/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks Tommy, well done! :)

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!
LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org
KDE: www.kde.org
Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Hi Florian,

would it work if you got one CSV file for each language? Each file would
contain three columns:
Name | en-US string | target string

If that would do, we wouldn't need any conversion at all to fill these
files in Pootle, I believe.

Rimas

Florian Reisinger Florian Reisinger

Am 28.08.2013 09:51, schrieb "Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)":
> Hi,
> Thanks for this great effort.

[...]
> Would be interested to translate this into Icelandic.
> I don't use any Google services, so a .pot/.po or spreadsheet would be
> nice.

Thanks for your offer, but I think I am going to wait until Sophi
finished migrating this to Pootle.....

@Sophi: I hope everything is working as it should

--
Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger
sophi sophi

Le 31/08/2013 13:43, Florian Reisinger a écrit :

> Am 28.08.2013 09:51, schrieb "Sveinn í Felli (IMAP)":
>> Hi,
>> Thanks for this great effort.
>>
> [...]
>> Would be interested to translate this into Icelandic.
>> I don't use any Google services, so a .pot/.po or spreadsheet would be
>> nice.
>
> Thanks for your offer, but I think I am going to wait until Sophi
> finished migrating this to Pootle.....
>
> @Sophi: I hope everything is working as it should

It's working, conversion xls2csv then csv2po, then back. The only thing,
as Rimas or Chris said, I don't remember, is that their should be only
one language per conversion because only 3 columns are taken into
account (A=location, B=source, C=target).
So what is the best now? is this something practical for you to have one
file per language or is it error prone?
I send you the xls (in another mail), I think you have to test it to
your target format before deciding.

Cheers
Sophie

darbe darbe

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Florian Reisinger Florian Reisinger

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Hi,

My translation tool is broken and Sophi is doing the transfer to pootle,
so please wait a little bit or do so on a local copy...

Am 31.08.2013 19:31, schrieb darbe:

> I have only right to view. Can you give me  editing right?
>
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsQxXEHH2EgMdG9abzQ1QUFQMzY5bWhQaTMycVZaTUE#gid=0

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger
darbe darbe

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: L10n of Florian's Windows installer

Okay.  I'll take care of it

--
Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger