[Libreoffice-qa] LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

[Libreoffice-qa] LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Hello @ll,
after I started my MozTrap tests, I wanted to test the letter and
the fax wizard. As the fax wizard has not inserted any of my
personal information in the finished fax file with LO Version:
4.3.0.0.beta2 Build-ID: a06aa316117a6ff0f05c697c82831c227812d810
(which I seem to remember, that this was something different in an
older version of LO), I started my installed LO Version: 4.1.6.2
Build-ID: 40ff705089295be5be0aae9b15123f687c05b0a (with installed
Germanophone lang- as well as helppack) on Debian Testing i686. For
whatever reason, I cannot start either of the both wizards ... :(
 They just spits out

<quote>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/opt/libreoffice4.1/program/wizards/letter/LetterWizardDialogImpl.py",
line 105, in startWizard
    self.initializePaths()
  File "/opt/libreoffice4.1/program/wizards/ui/WizardDialog.py",
line 118, in initializePaths
    xPropertySet.getPropertyValue("Template_user")[0]
IndexError: tuple index out of range
</quote>

whereas I can remember, that this worked, when I had its RCs
installed in parallel (following the instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with my
then running stable LO version (maybe LO 4.1.5?) ... :(
Can someone confirm this?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start LO
2. Go to either "File – Wizards – Letters... or "File – Wizards –
Fax...".

The only wizard, which works without any problem so far, is the
presentation, Document Converter, Euro Converter, and the Address
Data Source wizard ... :(

Discovered with:
LO: Version: 4.1.6.2 Build ID:
40ff705089295be5be0aae9b15123f687c05b0a
OS: Debian Testing i686

Thanks for any testing in advance
Thomas.

--
Love makes the world go 'round, with a little help from intrinsic
angular momentum.

Christian Lohmaier-3 Christian Lohmaier-3

Re: LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Hackert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello @ll,
> after I started my MozTrap tests,

you are late for tests with 4.1.x - there's no point really in
bothering with 4.1 anymore, as it reached end-of-life end of May.

(and for checking when something breaks, the bibisect repositories
should be much more helpful)

ciao
Christian
Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

Re: LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Good morning Christian, *,
On Sa, 14. Jun 2014 21:01 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello @ll,
>> after I started my MozTrap tests,
>
> you are late for tests with 4.1.x - there's no point really in
> bothering with 4.1 anymore, as it reached end-of-life end of May.

it seems, you have misread my mail. I was not testing 4.1.x but
4.3.0.0beta2 ... ;) I just wanted to find out, what the wizard's
behaviour was with 4.1.6.2 ... ;)

> (and for checking when something breaks, the bibisect repositories
> should be much more helpful)

Well, yes, but I have neither the disk space nor the time to
download GBs of LO's older versions to find out, where this bug was
introduced ... :( And I am not sure, if it has something to do with
the way of installation (parallel vs. 'sudo dpkg -i /path/to/debs'),
which leads to my observation ... :( Would bibisecting it help in
such a case?
Thanks for your answer and have a nice day
Thomas.

--
(1) Everything depends.
(2) Nothing is always.

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 19:27 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:

>                 As the fax wizard has not inserted any of my
> personal information in the finished fax file

Thomas,

This sounds very much like bug 72604 "Fax-Wizard - Personal Data are
only partial adopted".  Can you take a look?

That bug is a 4.2 MAB, last changed 2014-05-03.

HTH,
Terry.

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

Re: LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Hello Terrence, *,
On So, 15. Jun 2014 15:18 Terrence Enger wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 19:27 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>>
>>                 As the fax wizard has not inserted any of my
>> personal information in the finished fax file
>
> This sounds very much like bug 72604 "Fax-Wizard - Personal Data
> are
> only partial adopted".  Can you take a look?

I know bug #72604 (though I have not added any comment, sorry
Andreas :( ), but my problem is, that I do not see /any/ of my
personal data, and I wanted to test it in 4.1.6.2, where the wizards
does not start at all ... :(

> That bug is a 4.2 MAB, last changed 2014-05-03.

Should I add my observations to it (and set the keyword and/or
Whiteboard status to "Regression")?
Thanks for your answer
Thomas.

--
NP: Marathonmann – Wenn Du Dem Teufel Deine Hand Gibst

On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 18:46 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:

> Hello Terrence, *,
> On So, 15. Jun 2014 15:18 Terrence Enger wrote:
> > On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 19:27 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:
> >>
> >>                 As the fax wizard has not inserted any of my
> >> personal information in the finished fax file
> >
> > This sounds very much like bug 72604 "Fax-Wizard - Personal Data
> > are
> > only partial adopted".  Can you take a look?
>
> I know bug #72604 (though I have not added any comment, sorry
> Andreas :( ), but my problem is, that I do not see /any/ of my
> personal data, and I wanted to test it in 4.1.6.2, where the wizards
> does not start at all ... :(

Ah yes.  I should have read more carefully.

> > That bug is a 4.2 MAB, last changed 2014-05-03.
>
> Should I add my observations to it (and set the keyword and/or
> Whiteboard status to "Regression")?

At a guess, I think so.  At least I see all the expected personal data
with LibreOffice version 3.5.4.2, as delivered with debian-wheezy.

The report already describes two quite distinct misbehaviours.  At
least yours is closely related to the bug summary.

> Thanks for your answer

Always glad to add my C$0.02 worth.

I shall go off now and try again to bibisect, this time without
getting confused between
(*) good, that is how the program should work
(*) good, I see what I am looking for (i.e., the bug)
(*) being unable to run the Fax Wizard sucks, but it is not the bug
    that I am looking for, so call it good.

Terry.

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

Re: LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Good morning Terrence, *,
On So, 15. Jun 2014 19:45 Terrence Enger wrote:

> On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 18:46 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:

>> > This sounds very much like bug 72604 "Fax-Wizard - Personal
>> > Data are
>> > only partial adopted".  Can you take a look?
>>
>> I know bug #72604 (though I have not added any comment, sorry
>> Andreas :( ), but my problem is, that I do not see /any/ of my
>> personal data, and I wanted to test it in 4.1.6.2, where the
>> wizards does not start at all ... :(
>
> Ah yes.  I should have read more carefully.

:)

>> > That bug is a 4.2 MAB, last changed 2014-05-03.
>>
>> Should I add my observations to it (and set the keyword and/or
>> Whiteboard status to "Regression")?
>
> At a guess, I think so.  At least I see all the expected personal
> data with LibreOffice version 3.5.4.2, as delivered with
> debian-wheezy.

O.K. Maybe I will find the time this afternoon, otherwise I will do
it on Thursday ... ;)

> The report already describes two quite distinct misbehaviours.  At
> least yours is closely related to the bug summary.

O.K.

>> Thanks for your answer
>
> Always glad to add my C$0.02 worth.

Thanks :)

> I shall go off now and try again to bibisect, this time without
> getting confused between
> (*) good, that is how the program should work
> (*) good, I see what I am looking for (i.e., the bug)
> (*) being unable to run the Fax Wizard sucks, but it is not the
> bug
>     that I am looking for, so call it good.

That would be nice :) I hope, you will find the culprit ... ;)
Thanks again and have a nice day
Thomas.

--
There you go man,