[Libreoffice-qa] North America QA Online Chat

jmadero jmadero

[Libreoffice-qa] North America QA Online Chat

Hi All,

So it looks like we have at least 5 people from North America who are
interested in participating so I say let's do it.

I think Friday, August 2nd at 15:00 (EST) seems to work for everyone but
please correct me if I'm wrong. Do we prefer IRC or make it a bit more
personal with Google Hangout and we can get a talkyoo line open ? I
prefer the latter but if everyone just wants to chat that sounds good.

So tentatively:

Date: August 2nd, 2013
Time: 1500 (EST) so for those on the west coast we're talking Noon :) If
I must I'll translate that to GMT/UTC but....I seem to get that wrong
often ;)

@Robinson - can we get a tentative agenda going - you and I can give an
update and maybe get a few things together that we could use help with -
see if we can get some volunteers to help us with some of the load :)

For anyone thinking about joining - please do - we're a friendly bunch,
if we could pop open a beer in a pub and do it live we would but
distance prevents this so as a second best.... feel free to have a beer
on hangout, it'll be casual ;)

Warm Regards,
Joel
Joe Lee Joe Lee

Re: North America QA Online Chat

The date and time works for me.

If I recall correctly, Google Hangout requires nonfree software, so
let's use IRC instead, or perhaps Jitsi or Ekiga if we can all get one
of those working?

-Joe Lee

jmadero jmadero

On 07/27/2013 05:34 PM, Joe Lee wrote:

> The date and time works for me.
>
> If I recall correctly, Google Hangout requires nonfree software, so
> let's use IRC instead, or perhaps Jitsi or Ekiga if we can all get one
> of those working?
>
> -Joe Lee
>

> On 07/27/2013 05:11 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> So it looks like we have at least 5 people from North America who are
>> interested in participating so I say let's do it.
>>
>> I think Friday, August 2nd at 15:00 (EST) seems to work for everyone
>> but please correct me if I'm wrong. Do we prefer IRC or make it a bit
>> more personal with Google Hangout and we can get a talkyoo line open ?
>> I prefer the latter but if everyone just wants to chat that sounds good.
>>
>> So tentatively:
>>
>> Date: August 2nd, 2013
>> Time: 1500 (EST) so for those on the west coast we're talking Noon :)
>> If I must I'll translate that to GMT/UTC but....I seem to get that
>> wrong often ;)
>>
>> @Robinson - can we get a tentative agenda going - you and I can give
>> an update and maybe get a few things together that we could use help
>> with - see if we can get some volunteers to help us with some of the
>> load :)
>>

>> For anyone thinking about joining - please do - we're a friendly
>> bunch, if we could pop open a beer in a pub and do it live we would
>> but distance prevents this so as a second best.... feel free to have a
>> beer on hangout, it'll be casual ;)
>>

>> Warm Regards,
>> Joel
Well with hangout I can call talkyoo which is our conference call phone
line so you could use a cell phone or landline to call in - is this
acceptable? I'm not as much as a stickler about non free software since
google has put in the effort to make it run on so many platforms + pays
for interns to work GSoC on our project - I give them some slack ;) Plus
Google hangout is quite cool in general, we use it for LibreOffice on
multiple different committees and what not.

But if this isn't acceptable, IRC is fine - just a lot slower and room
for misunderstanding.

If you can call a US phone number for free, talkyoo is pretty nice so we
could couple hangout with talkyoo and avoid you being forced to use
closed source software.

Let me know.

Best,
Joel
Joe Lee Joe Lee

On 07/27/2013 05:55 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> Well with hangout I can call talkyoo which is our conference call
> phone line so you could use a cell phone or landline to call in - is
> this acceptable?

Sure, I'll call in by phone. Thanks for understanding. Can someone send
me the number?

-Joe
Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Joe Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 07/27/2013 05:55 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> Well with hangout I can call talkyoo which is our conference call
> phone line so you could use a cell phone or landline to call in - is
> this acceptable?

Sure, I'll call in by phone. Thanks for understanding. Can someone send
me the number?

-Joe

Google hangout sound good to me and 1500 EST is perfect also.  For those looking to dial in you can find the dial in numbers at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talkyoo

Mas

Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM, Joel Madero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> So it looks like we have at least 5 people from North America who are
> interested in participating so I say let's do it.

nifty!

> Date: August 2nd, 2013
> Time: 1500 (EST) so for those on the west coast we're talking Noon :) If I
> must I'll translate that to GMT/UTC but....I seem to get that wrong often ;)

Well 1300GMT is 9 here, so 1500EST is later-o-clock GMT, right?

> @Robinson - can we get a tentative agenda going - you and I can give an
> update and maybe get a few things together that we could use help with - see
> if we can get some volunteers to help us with some of the load :)

Yep, yep.

Agenda:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Meetings/2013/August_02_NA_Pub_Chat

> For anyone thinking about joining - please do - we're a friendly bunch, if
> we could pop open a beer in a pub and do it live we would but distance
> prevents this so as a second best.... feel free to have a beer on hangout,
> it'll be casual ;)

Page appropriately themed...

--R
jmadero jmadero

On 07/27/2013 06:10 PM, Joe Lee wrote:
On 07/27/2013 05:55 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
Well with hangout I can call talkyoo which is our conference call
phone line so you could use a cell phone or landline to call in - is
this acceptable?
Sure, I'll call in by phone. Thanks for understanding. Can someone send
me the number?

-Joe
Call tomorrow at 1500 EST (1200 PST) - add me on google+ if you want to join via hangout - else use talkyoo with room # 537138 with instructions here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talkyoo. Please also join the chat as we'll share links there at #libreoffice-qa via irc freenode.

Look forward to talking tomorrow :)

Joe Lee Joe Lee

Re: North America QA Online Chat

> 01 Aug 2013 06:46:16 PM PDT, Joel Madero wrote:
>
> Look forward to talking tomorrow :)

Looking forward to it. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

-Joe

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Joe Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 01 Aug 2013 06:46:16 PM PDT, Joel Madero wrote:
>
> Look forward to talking tomorrow :)

Looking forward to it. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

-Joe

Great , I updated the Pad with the information

--
----
Mas