[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed White Board Status - "UX"

jmadero jmadero

[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed White Board Status - "UX"

Hi All,

I'd like to propose a new whiteboard status that the UX team can monitor
- this being "UX"

Unless there are protests I will add this to the wiki next week and
start using it. What it will mean:

1. Issue confirmed (usually enhancement) but needs UX advice
2. Issue unconfirmed bug in order to confirm we need UX advice (ie.. is
this a bug or expected/planned)

I just confirmed one enhancement request but before a developer
implements it we need the "go for it" from UX. In order to prevent
workflow being really interrupted I tend to mark any enhancement request
that seems like it "most likely is a good idea" as NEW but I recognize
that UX is needed to give the final yes.

Without just marking as NEW, QA is stuck waiting and we know that UX is
quite overloaded with work.

If this is all acceptable please give the +1 and we can work with this
new whiteboard status to add to our current workflow.

Warm Regards,
Joel
Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed White Board Status - "UX"

Great idea, +1.

--
Adolfo
Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed White Board Status - "UX"

Hi Joel, *,

Joel Madero wrote (02-06-13 04:58)

> I'd like to propose a new whiteboard status that the UX team can monitor
> - this being "UX"
>
> Unless there are protests I will add this to the wiki next week and
> start using it. What it will mean:

Sounds as a good Tag for UX issues.
Are there experiences from other teams with such tags?
E.g. do they find them easy to remember, how/when do they make use of
the tags...

Thanks,
Cor

--
  - Cor Nouws
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org
jmadero jmadero

On 06/03/2013 05:20 AM, Cor Nouws wrote:

> Hi Joel, *,
>
> Joel Madero wrote (02-06-13 04:58)
>
>> I'd like to propose a new whiteboard status that the UX team can monitor
>> - this being "UX"
>>
>> Unless there are protests I will add this to the wiki next week and
>> start using it. What it will mean:
>>

> Sounds as a good Tag for UX issues.
> Are there experiences from other teams with such tags?
> E.g. do they find them easy to remember, how/when do they make use of
> the tags...
>
> Thanks,
> Cor

Honestly I can't think of the need for a team outside of UX to have one.
For WWW bugs we have the component WWW and indeed, they are useful - I
guess this is another option adding a component UX and just ignoring
them from the QA side - this is essentially what we do for WWW bugs.

We do have the Need_Advice bugs which is a similar trigger for
developers and it's working out really well.

I'm fine with component or whiteboard status - there are quite a few UX
related enhancement requests and having to ping particular people or ask
the UX mailing list every time IMO interrupts workflow quite a bit.

Warm Regards,
Joel