[Libreoffice-qa] daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

[Libreoffice-qa] daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

Hello, all,

The referenced bibisect repository seems not to have been
updated since 2018-12-18.  Is there a problem with the
infrastructure, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Terry.

Xisco Fauli Xisco Fauli

Re: daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

Hello Terrence,

That repository was built by Miklos. Recently he said in IRC:

<vmiklos> excellent. the reason i asked is that the machine where i
produced the daily dbgutil builds broke, and i ponder not restoring that
on some other machine, now that we have these new style bibisect repos

<vmiklos> i can't even remember when it was the last time i really had
to bisect a dbgutil-only bug

I would recommend you to switch to the 'max' repos.

Cheers

El 26/12/18 a les 17:00, Terrence Enger ha escrit:

> Hello, all,
>
> The referenced bibisect repository seems not to have been
> updated since 2018-12-18.  Is there a problem with the
> infrastructure, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Terry.

Xisco FaulĂ­
Libreoffice QA Team
IRC: x1sc0

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

Re: daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

I asked about about the daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository, and ...

On Wed, 2018-12-26 at 17:14 +0100, Xisco Fauli wrote:
> I would recommend you to switch to the 'max' repos.

So far as I can see, the max repos end at 50max.  Am I missing
something?

The alternative I would expect to use is bibisect-linux-64-6.3, but I
am having trouble updating it:

I just finished doing `git fetch`.  After 28 minutes, git reported
having downloaded 916 MB, and the repository grew from 1.7 GB to
2.7 GB, but just as before, have 930 commits:  up to commit 8eae3af6
s-h 1ee8d4f6 2018-12-03.

What, I wonder, am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Terry.

Xisco Fauli Xisco Fauli

Re: daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

Hi Terrence,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough when I said 'use the max repos'. What I
meant was, use the repos which have one build per commit...

See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bibisect/Linux#Versions. The
repos cover from 4.1 up to master...

You just need to clone them from gerrit.

Cheers

El 27/12/18 a les 5:24, Terrence Enger ha escrit:

> I asked about about the daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository, and ...
>
> On Wed, 2018-12-26 at 17:14 +0100, Xisco Fauli wrote:
>> I would recommend you to switch to the 'max' repos.
> So far as I can see, the max repos end at 50max.  Am I missing
> something?
>
> The alternative I would expect to use is bibisect-linux-64-6.3, but I
> am having trouble updating it:
>
> I just finished doing `git fetch`.  After 28 minutes, git reported
> having downloaded 916 MB, and the repository grew from 1.7 GB to
> 2.7 GB, but just as before, have 930 commits:  up to commit 8eae3af6
> s-h 1ee8d4f6 2018-12-03.
>
> What, I wonder, am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Terry.

Xisco FaulĂ­
Libreoffice QA Team
IRC: x1sc0

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

Re: daily Linux dbgutil bibisect repository

Responding to my whining about inability to update the linux
64-6.3 bibisect repository,

On Thu, 2018-12-27 at 09:40 +0100, Xisco Fauli wrote:
> You just need to clone them from gerrit.

I have cloned a fresh repository, and `git pull origin` seems to
update this one.  I shall give up on my previous clone without
trying to figure out what I did wrong.

Thank you, Xisco.

Terry.