[Libreoffice-ux-advise] ANNOUNCE: Renaming user-visible strings

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

[Libreoffice-ux-advise] ANNOUNCE: Renaming user-visible strings

Someone from the help team approached the design team [1] about how to
handle string changes in LibreOffice.
The problem is that when we change user-visible strings in LibreOffice,
that the help and other documentation needs updating.

We decided to create a wiki page which lists all string changes we do:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/RecentStringChanges

So please, if you change some user-visible string whether it's in a
menu, toolbar or a dialog, just list your change there so that the help
maintainers can easily update the help pages.

Thanks!
Samuel

[1] https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/boards/1/topics/180
Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] ANNOUNCE: Renaming user-visible strings

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Samuel Mehrbrodt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Someone from the help team approached the design team [1] about how to
> handle string changes in LibreOffice.
> The problem is that when we change user-visible strings in LibreOffice, that
> the help and other documentation needs updating.
>
> We decided to create a wiki page which lists all string changes we do:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/RecentStringChanges
>
> So please, if you change some user-visible string whether it's in a menu,
> toolbar or a dialog, just list your change there so that the help
> maintainers can easily update the help pages.

Is there a good way to automate this process? Maybe identify
particular commits based on file extension and/or what's touched in
the diff (e.g. "<label>...</label>" and "<value
xml:lang="en-US">...</value>") ?

Best,
--R

--