--- Comment #3 from Yousuf (Jay) Philips <[hidden email]> ---
I believe someone mistakenly removed it in 4.4, so it would be good to track
down where that change was made. I pray it wasnt me. :D
(In reply to V Stuart Foote from comment #1)
> @Jay, @Eike your thoughts on assuring sane accelerators and shortcuts in
I think it should be a global thing that likely should be defined in the HIG
and have some of the following points.
1) Highly used entries should have the priority of using a letter and their
accelerator shouldnt be duplicated. e.g. P accelerator in Edit menu should be
exclusive to Paste
2) Accelerator keys that are duplicated shouldnt be more than 2 occurrences in
the same menu level.
3) Entries in the same menu across multiple apps should have the same
I've been using similar guidelines while i've been reworking the menus in 5.1.
(In reply to Garry Knight from comment #2)
> Like a great many LibreOffice users I suffer from arthritis and won't reach
> for the mouse any more than I absolutely need to. To access the Fill menu I
> now have to down no fewer than twelve presses of the Up or Down arrow,
> whereas before I could just press the 'I' key.
The simplest way to fix your issue for the time being is to add 'I' as the
accelerator for Fill.
1) Open the Tools menu and select Customize.
2) Click on the Menus tab and select 'Edit' in the menu drop down.
3) Select 'Fill' in Menu Content
4) Click the 'Modify' button and select 'Rename...' from the menu.
5) Rename it to 'F~ill'