[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Carlito + Caladea

mirek2 mirek2

[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Carlito + Caladea

Hi guys,
I hope we'll be bundling Carlito [1] and Caladea [2], Google's metric equivalents to Calibri and Cambria, and replacing Calibri and Cambria with these fonts by default.

I'm also wondering whether, after a release or two with these fonts bundled, we might be able to use them in the bundled templates instead of Liberation Sans/Serif.

Jean-Baptiste Faure Jean-Baptiste Faure

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Carlito + Caladea

Hi Mirek,

Le 12/10/2013 00:53, Mirek M. a écrit :
> Hi guys,
> I hope we'll be bundling Carlito [1] and Caladea [2], Google's metric
> equivalents to Calibri and Cambria, and replacing Calibri and Cambria
> with these fonts by default.

You missed to add the links [1] and [2]

Best regards.
JBF

mirek2 mirek2

Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5

On Sat, 2013-10-12 at 00:53 +0200, Mirek M. wrote:
> I hope we'll be bundling Carlito [1] and Caladea [2], Google's metric
> equivalents to Calibri and Cambria, and replacing Calibri and Cambria
> with these fonts by default.

        I believe Caolan was looking into that.

> I'm also wondering whether, after a release or two with these fonts
> bundled, we might be able to use them in the bundled templates instead
> of Liberation Sans/Serif.

        Oh - right ! that's a good thing to have on the agenda. Of course, if
the font integration goes well we can always back-port to 4.0 / 4.1 /
etc. so everyone has them by the time 4.2 goes out but ... the VCL.xcu
mappings are particularly evil to maintain unfortunately.

        ATB,

                Michael.