[Libreoffice-ux-advise] LibreOffice 4.4 replaced the Arial font!

Skinman Skinman

[Libreoffice-ux-advise] LibreOffice 4.4 replaced the Arial font!

Hi,

in a quest to resolve an issue with Calc that has bugged me for some
time, I installed  LibreOffice Version 4.4

While the issue in question has indeed been resolved, the Update has
replaced the Arial font with soime strange other font which is
definitely NOT Arial and which has no German umlauts (especially painful
seeing as I am of course German.)

Compare this picture:

http://up.picr.de/21716150bp.jpg

How do I get the real Arial back?

--
Kind regards,
R. Grimmig
Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] LibreOffice 4.4 replaced the Arial font!

Radbert,

we don’t bundle any similar-looking font to what you depict in your
screenshot. It must be an issue in your OS installation unrelated to
LibreOffice.

Adolfo
yphilips yphilips

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] LibreOffice 4.4 replaced the Arial font!

Hi Radbert,

LibreOffice bundles Liberation Sans as a substitute for Arial so that
systems that dont have Arial can see a metrically similar font.

Regards,
Yousuf