[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

Stefan Knorr Stefan Knorr

[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

Hi Alexander, all,

*forgot to mention during ESC call*

while looking at a fresh build of LibreOffice, I noticed that some of
the nice Presentation Backgrounds that use SVG's were broken. There is
an especially visible regression which is that radial gradients do not
work at all any more.

Right now, these two templates look terrible:
* Abstract Yellow
* Lush Green

These two look noticeably regressed but still workable:
* Vintage (note the dotted outline around the headline area)
* Sunset (note the single missing ray of light)

What should we/can we do about these so we don't look like we regress
to much here? (And would anyone be willing to do that?)

Astron.
Stefan Knorr Stefan Knorr

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

Hi again...

In the interest of accuracy, I was overstating things, re:
>There is
> an especially visible regression which is that radial gradients do not
> work at all any more.

There are more templates that use radial gradients, but not all are
broken. (No idea what this brokenness depends upon)

Astron.
Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Knorr (Astron) schrieb:
> Hi again...
>
> In the interest of accuracy, I was overstating things, re:
>> There is
>> an especially visible regression which is that radial gradients do not
>> work at all any more.
>
> There are more templates that use radial gradients, but not all are
> broken. (No idea what this brokenness depends upon)

If I open the "Abstract Yellow" template in AOO3.4.1, I can see the same
error as in LO4.0.0.1. But when I open it in a AOO build from trunk, the
background is correct. Armin has done bug fixes for SVG in AOO, likely
LO has not integrated them yet.

Kind regards
Regina

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

A quick fix would be to replace the vector graphics with pngs for the
time being. Should I do that?

Kind Regards,
Alex

Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

On Fri, 2013-01-11 at 17:11 +0100, Alexander Wilms wrote:
> A quick fix would be to replace the vector graphics with pngs for the
> time being. Should I do that?

        I'll get to fixing this for 4.0 - so I wouldn't worry :-)

        Thanks !

                Michael.

Stefan Knorr Stefan Knorr

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Presentation Backgrounds broken with new SVG filter

Hi Michael, Regina,

On 14 January 2013 12:17, Michael Meeks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>         I'll get to fixing this for 4.0 - so I wouldn't worry :-)

Sound good. Thanks for the information & willingness to patch!
Astron.