Linux.conf.au 2011 ?

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Linux.conf.au 2011 ?

In my earlier note about marketing in Australia/New Zealand, I mentioned
linux.conf.au as a local event to consider. OOo has been involved in
various ways at several of these conferences, including at least one
miniconf.

I am planning to attend Linux.conf.au in Brisbane, Australia next
January (24th-28th). I would be happy to organise a stall at the Open
Day, which takes place on the Saturday (Jan 29th) after the conference
itself. I think Open Days (which are free for attendees) are an
excellent way to reach potential users of our software.

I have just sent an email to the Open Day organisers asking about stall
availability and cost (if any), and another note to OOo marketing (which
many of you will have seen) asking if anyone from OOo is planning a
stall. I have display copies of the OOo user guides and would hope to
have some LibO-branded books too. CDs, flyers, laptops with demos -- all
can be arranged. Mind you, I might have to twist a few arms to get some
help on the day, but it's only one day and my partner is used to being
hauled in to help.

--Jean

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Linux.conf.au 2011 ?

Earlier, I wrote:
> I am planning to attend Linux.conf.au in Brisbane, Australia next
> January (24th-28th). I would be happy to organise a stall at the Open
> Day, which takes place on the Saturday (Jan 29th) after the conference
> itself....
>
> I have just sent an email to the Open Day organisers asking about stall
> availability and cost (if any)....

I've now heard back from the Open Day organiser. There is no cost, and
they will provide some things like printing a poster (from our artwork)
and printing black-and-white handouts.

I have booked the stall in the name of Friends of OpenDocument Inc (FoOD), the
Australian group that plans to publish printed copies of the LibO user
guides, so we can have info about OpenDocument as well as OOo and LibO
and anything else relevant. (KOffice perhaps?)

If there are any expenses (extra posters, for example), FoOD will pay.

--Jean