Logging feature of the Postgres SDBC driver

Markus Angst Markus Angst

Logging feature of the Postgres SDBC driver

Hello,

Ubuntu 18.04
LibreOffice 6.1.3.2 (x64) Base

In http://www.openoffice.org/dba/drivers/postgresql/ a logging feature of the
Postgres SDBC driver is mentioned. I would like to use it.

When I change the loglevel in /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/postgresql-sdbc.ini
to "INFO", no logfile is written.

 From
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/connectivity/source/drivers/postgresql/pq_connection.cxx#readLogLevelFromConfiguration

I guesss that error messages would be written to stderr. When I start a file
doing some database access with
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/<filename>.odb 1> out.txt 2> err.txt
only empty output files get created, but nothing gets written to them. I would
expect to see "Couldn't open sdbc-pqsql.log file" (or whatever) in err.txt.

What am I doing wrong?
How can I use the logging feature of the Postgres SDBC driver?

Thanks!
Markus Angst