Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Next » 12
sophi sophi

Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hi all,

As you know we have our conference in Bern this year. Could one of you
help with the design of the Logo to support the conference communication?
Here are some examples of what has been done for the previous conferences:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing#LibreOffice_Conferences

Thanks in advance for your help!
Kind regards
Sophie

Eleonora Anzini Eleonora Anzini

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!

On 19 February 2014 14:32, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you know we have our conference in Bern this year. Could one of you
> help with the design of the Logo to support the conference communication?
> Here are some examples of what has been done for the previous conferences:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing#LibreOffice_Conferences
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Kind regards
> Sophie

sophi sophi

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hi Eleonora
Le 19/02/2014 15:00, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
> if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!

Ho that would be wonderful and very kind of you, thanks a lot :)
Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything on my side.
Cheers
Sophie

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hi Eleonora, all,
Am 19.02.2014 15:00, schrieb Eleonora Anzini:
> if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!

Please have a look at our branding rules [1]. The 2013 breaks them in an
enormous way. And we shouldn't do that twice.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/members/
http://de.libreoffice.org
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Eleonora Anzini Eleonora Anzini

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

I'll be very careful with them! Thanks!

On 19 February 2014 15:11, K-J LibreOffice <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eleonora, all,
> Am 19.02.2014 15:00, schrieb Eleonora Anzini:
>
>  if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!
>>

> Please have a look at our branding rules [1]. The 2013 breaks them in an
> enormous way. And we shouldn't do that twice.
>
> [1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
>

> --
> Grüße
> k-j
>
> Member of TheDocumentFoundation
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/members/
> http://de.libreoffice.org
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Eleonora Anzini Eleonora Anzini

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

So here there are my first attemps.
I didn't use a building because:
a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
conference logos
b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(

instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...
i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
inspiration from last years' style...

*https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014A.jpg

*https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg>
*

*https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg>
*

let me know what you think about them!

e.

On 19 February 2014 15:08, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Eleonora
> Le 19/02/2014 15:00, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
> > if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!
>
> Ho that would be wonderful and very kind of you, thanks a lot :)
> Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything on my side.
> Cheers
> Sophie

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hello All,
Please see 3 logo proposal for the conference. I have tried to use two
symbols in the
logos.
1. zentrum paul klee (The Shape)
2. Federal Palace of Switzerland

Colors have been used to compliment the libre office logo.

Do let me know what you think.

*Incase you are not able get the attachment. Please find the designs in the
below link.*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdux9iwpa7cm5is/bern-03.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0gcjcfa7x2adpm/bern-02.png
https://db.tt/SCjki1Vg

Thanks.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Eleonora Anzini <[hidden email]>wrote:

> So here there are my first attemps.
> I didn't use a building because:
> a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
> conference logos
> b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(
>
> instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...
> i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
> inspiration from last years' style...
>
> *
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014A.jpg
> <
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014A.jpg
> >*
>
> *
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg
> <
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg
> >
> *
>
> *
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg
> <
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg
> >
> *
>
> let me know what you think about them!
>
> e.
>

> On 19 February 2014 15:08, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Eleonora
> > Le 19/02/2014 15:00, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
> > > if you want i can give a try on the model of 2011/12/13 logos!
> >
> > Ho that would be wonderful and very kind of you, thanks a lot :)
> > Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything on my side.
> > Cheers
> > Sophie

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

In previous mail. The 3rd link seems to be broken. Here is the updated link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6l5plvmn98405yc/BqWLRv8ACl

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Please see 3 logo proposal for the conference. I have tried to use two
> symbols in the
> logos.
> 1. zentrum paul klee (The Shape)
> 2. Federal Palace of Switzerland
>
> Colors have been used to compliment the libre office logo.
>
> Do let me know what you think.
>
> *Incase you are not able get the attachment. Please find the designs in
> the below link.*
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdux9iwpa7cm5is/bern-03.png
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0gcjcfa7x2adpm/bern-02.png
> https://db.tt/SCjki1Vg
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Eleonora Anzini <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> So here there are my first attemps.
>> I didn't use a building because:
>> a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
>> conference logos
>> b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(
>>
>> instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...
>> i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
>> inspiration from last years' style...
>>
>> *
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014A.jpg
>> <
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014A.jpg
>> >*
>>
>> *
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg
>> <
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014B.jpg
>> >
>> *
>>
>> *
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg
>> <
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108920/2014017_The_Document_Foundation_LibreOffice/LibO_Conference_Logo_2014C.jpg
>> >
>> *
>>
>> let me know what you think about them!
>>
>> e.
>>

>> On 19 February 2014 15:08, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Eleonora
>> >
>> > Ho that would be wonderful and very kind of you, thanks a lot :)
>> > Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything on my side.
>> > Cheers
>> > Sophie

>> deleted
>>

> --
> ----------------------
> Regards,
> Safwan Erooth
> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
> http://safwan.in

Christian Lohmaier-2 Christian Lohmaier-2

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hi Safwan,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In previous mail. The 3rd link seems to be broken. Here is the updated link:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sc/6l5plvmn98405yc/BqWLRv8ACl
>
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> *Incase you are not able get the attachment. Please find the designs in
>> the below link.*
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdux9iwpa7cm5is/bern-03.png
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0gcjcfa7x2adpm/bern-02.png
>> https://db.tt/SCjki1Vg

The form factor doesn't work well as a web-banner/logo replacement.
would be great if it would be <= 85 px in height. 100px is workable,
but anything higher than that won't work.

And my comment to Klaus-Jürgen's remark that you need to follow the
branding guidelines: I don't believe that the 2013 logo was against
those guidelines, after all they state:

"Logos that don't represent the LibreOffice software or the Document
Foundation, but are related to it in some way, may use the LibreOffice
symbol to show the relationship they have to it without adhering to
the above guidelines."

and also the example for the 10th anniversary is quite different from
the normal LibreOffice logo.

After all the event represents the community, not just the software,
so creative freedom is very welcome.

But I also agree that the Milan logo (as seen on
http://conference.libreoffice.org/2013/en ) doesn't pick up the
distinct design elements at all.

BTW: also feel free to play with the motif
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Motif , the triangle
arrangement/patterns - those are used in documents (presentation
templates, letter-heads,...) - and of course can also be used in
logos.

ciao
Christian

sophi sophi

Le 19/02/2014 15:39, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
> So here there are my first attemps.
> I didn't use a building because:
> a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
> conference logos
> b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(
>
> instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...

It's a good idea :)
> i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
> inspiration from last years' style...

My preferred goes to the third, but I like them all. Let see what others
think.
Thanks for your work
Cheers
Sophie

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hello All,
Please see another attempt.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/igp2p4b4u0rw4d3/bern-logo-4.jpg

[image: Inline image 1]

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 19/02/2014 15:39, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
> > So here there are my first attemps.
> > I didn't use a building because:
> > a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
> > conference logos
> > b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(
> >
> > instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...
>
> It's a good idea :)
> > i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
> > inspiration from last years' style...
>
> My preferred goes to the third, but I like them all. Let see what others
> think.
> Thanks for your work
> Cheers
> Sophie

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hello all,
I have made another one(probably last), using the open office logo elements
& motif.

*Please see the high resolution one here:*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/te697vdkal3ayl7/bern-logo-07.png

*And a more compressed one here:*
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi0iw42re13sqiw/bern-logo-com-07.png
(This one is also attached with this mail)

[image: Inline image 1]

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
> Please see another attempt.
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/igp2p4b4u0rw4d3/bern-logo-4.jpg
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Le 19/02/2014 15:39, Eleonora Anzini a écrit :
>> > So here there are my first attemps.
>> > I didn't use a building because:
>> > a) i don't know if using a building is a conditio sine qua non for
>> > conference logos
>> > b) i don't know which building is a Bern symbol :(
>> >
>> > instead of architecture i used bern city symbol...
>>
>> It's a good idea :)
>> > i've done 3 attemps, same concept different arrangements, tooking
>> > inspiration from last years' style...
>>
>> My preferred goes to the third, but I like them all. Let see what others
>> think.
>> Thanks for your work
>> Cheers
>> Sophie

>> deleted
>>

> --
> ----------------------
> Regards,
> Safwan Erooth
> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
> http://safwan.in

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

What was decided about the logo?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have made another one(probably last), using the open office logo
> elements & motif.
>
> *Please see the high resolution one here:*
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/te697vdkal3ayl7/bern-logo-07.png
>
> *And a more compressed one here:*
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi0iw42re13sqiw/bern-logo-com-07.png
> (This one is also attached with this mail)
>

> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>> Please see another attempt.
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/igp2p4b4u0rw4d3/bern-logo-4.jpg
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]

>>> It's a good idea :)
>>>
>>> My preferred goes to the third, but I like them all. Let see what others
>>> think.
>>> Thanks for your work
>>> Cheers
>>> Sophie
>>>

>>> --
>>> deleted
>>>

>> --
>> ----------------------
>> Regards,
>> Safwan Erooth
>> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
>> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
>> http://safwan.in
>>

> --
> ----------------------
> Regards,
> Safwan Erooth
> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
> http://safwan.in

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Nothing yet, calm down :-)

Best,

Charles.

Safwan <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>What was decided about the logo?
>

>On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I have made another one(probably last), using the open office logo
>> elements & motif.
>>
>> *Please see the high resolution one here:*
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/te697vdkal3ayl7/bern-logo-07.png
>>
>> *And a more compressed one here:*
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi0iw42re13sqiw/bern-logo-com-07.png
>> (This one is also attached with this mail)
>>

>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>> Please see another attempt.
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/igp2p4b4u0rw4d3/bern-logo-4.jpg
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]

>for

>others

>be
>>>>

>>> --
>>> ----------------------
>>> Regards,
>>> Safwan Erooth
>>> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
>>> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
>>> http://safwan.in
>>>

>> --
>> ----------------------
>> Regards,
>> Safwan Erooth
>> CEO, Tridz Technologies.
>> http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
>> http://safwan.in
>>

>--
>deleted

Safwan Safwan

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hello,
Actually am just clicking on reply to all and replying. What is the right
way to reply to the list?
Should I just post to [hidden email] &
[hidden email]?

Sorry for the trouble if i have spammed anyone.

Thanks.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nothing yet, calm down :-)
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>

> Safwan <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> What was decided about the logo?
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  Hello all,
>>>  I have made another one(probably last), using the open office logo
>>>  elements & motif.
>>>
>>>  *Please see the high resolution one here:*
>>>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/te697vdkal3ayl7/bern-logo-07.png
>>>
>>>  *And a more compressed one here:*
>>>
>>>  https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi0iw42re13sqiw/bern-logo-com-07.png
>>>
>>>  (This one is also attached with this mail)
>>>

>>>  [image: Inline image 1]
>>>

>>>  On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hello All,

>>>  --
>>>  ----------------------
>>>  Regards,
>>>  Safwan Erooth
>>>  CEO, Tridz Technologies.
>>>
>>>  http://tridz.com <http://tridz.com/>
>>>  http://safwan.in
>>>

> --
> Envoyé de mon téléphone avec Kaiten Mail. Excusez la brièveté.

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

First please make sure you are subscribed to the marketing list. As I
have to moderate you I don't think you are.

ATM it's all right if you post to the two lists.

Thank you and Eleonora for your submission by the way.

Best,

Charles.

Le Sat, 22 Feb 2014 17:28:43 +0530,
Safwan <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hello,
> Actually am just clicking on reply to all and replying. What is the
> right way to reply to the list?
> Should I just post to [hidden email] &
> [hidden email]?
>
> Sorry for the trouble if i have spammed anyone.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Nothing yet, calm down :-)
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Charles.
> >

> > Safwan <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >>
> >> What was decided about the logo?
> >>

> >> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Safwan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >>  Hello all,

> > --
> > Envoyé de mon téléphone avec Kaiten Mail. Excusez la brièveté.

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

Am 19.02.2014 14:32, schrieb Sophie:
> Hi all,
>
> As you know we have our conference in Bern this year. Could one of you
> help with the design of the Logo to support the conference communication?
> Here are some examples of what has been done for the previous conferences:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing#LibreOffice_Conferences

Here are my first proposals:
taking our main conference banner and some ideas from Safwan's proposals.

Bern_wave01
https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=93a175b4d5f95ba02a425e2580a04a65

Bern_wave02
https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=9f4698e0082f7f5b7ccb0310ba65877a

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/members/
http://de.libreoffice.org
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

Hi :)
Bern_Wave01 is clearer but i really like both!  The 02 one looks great! :)

However i think Safwan's are more like our branding and more likely to
provoke better recognition of the LibreOffice logo in the future.
Plus they are also great and i love them too! :)

On 27 February 2014 16:44, K-J LibreOffice <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Am 19.02.2014 14:32, schrieb Sophie:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As you know we have our conference in Bern this year. Could one of you
>> help with the design of the Logo to support the conference communication?
>> Here are some examples of what has been done for the previous conferences:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing#LibreOffice_Conferences
>

> Here are my first proposals:
> taking our main conference banner and some ideas from Safwan's proposals.
>
> Bern_wave01
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=93a175b4d5f95ba02a425e2580a04a65
>
> Bern_wave02
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=9f4698e0082f7f5b7ccb0310ba65877a
>
> --
> Grüße
> k-j
>
> Member of TheDocumentFoundation
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/members/
> http://de.libreoffice.org
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Logo for this year LibreOffice Conference

K-J LibreOffice wrote (27-02-14 17:44)
> Here are my first proposals:
> taking our main conference banner and some ideas from Safwan's proposals.
>
> Bern_wave01
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=93a175b4d5f95ba02a425e2580a04a65
>

> Bern_wave02
> https://owncloud.documentfoundation.org/public.php?service=files&t=9f4698e0082f7f5b7ccb0310ba65877a

thanks a lot.
I would prefer version 1. In 2 the name of the city Bern does not look
prominently enough (IMHO)

Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer http://www.libreoffice.org