Long comments in calc?

David-12 David-12

Long comments in calc?

Hi,

what's the best way to insert long comments into calc? A floating window that
does not interfere with the spreadsheet itself would be best.
1. the built in commentary for cells seems to be buggy, sometimes wound't
display corretly, cannot be resized... unusable for me if it's more than a
couple of words
2. merging cells is not what I want. Cannot really edit the box as if it were
a text box and resizing seems difficult
3. Supposedly there is a text box function, but whenever I click it nothing
happens (insert -> text box)

I'm using LO 6.0.4.

Thanks for your help.

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Long comments in calc?

Le samedi 02 juin 2018 à 11:34 +0200, David Rakidzija a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> what's the best way to insert long comments into calc? A floating window that
> does not interfere with the spreadsheet itself would be best.
> 1. the built in commentary for cells seems to be buggy, sometimes wound't
> display corretly, cannot be resized... unusable for me if it's more than a
> couple of words
> 2. merging cells is not what I want. Cannot really edit the box as if it were
> a text box and resizing seems difficult
> 3. Supposedly there is a text box function, but whenever I click it nothing
> happens (insert -> text box)
>
> I'm using LO 6.0.4.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi,

1. Built-in comments can be re-sized by selecting "Edit comment", and
then clicking inside the comment: this will make handles appear that
you can use to make the comment any size you want.
2. As far as text boxes go, once you have selected Insert -> text box,
your cursor should become a plus sign (+): at that point, click and
drag to set the location/size of the box.

I hope this helps.

Rémy Gauthier.
jorge Rodríguez Fonseca jorge Rodríguez Fonseca

Re: Long comments in calc?

Hi Rakidzija :

        There is an option that you can use for input a comment into a
cell. If you right click mouse over a specific cell, you get a menu
with differents options. One of them is "Insert a comment" (The last in
my LO Versión: 6.0.3.2).

        Select that option an appear a little yellow rectangule where
you can write your comment about some issue of the content of it cell.
This rectangule grow when you input your sentence but when you ending
your wrotten the comment.

        When you did it you, the comment closed an appear a red super
little point in the right top corner of the cell where you input the
comment.

        Then, always over the cell that content the comment, you can
righ click mouse again and appear 3 more options in the context menu:
Edit, Delete and Show the comment. With each of them you can modify
your comment of the cell. By the way, only with Show Comment option you
can modify the form of the yellow rectangule making more wide (wider
?), for example, to structure the comment to your needs and your sheet.
For do this, you have to select the border of the yellow rectangule
when it is showed. Then if you click right again you can see again in
the menu context but only : Edit,hide (instead show) and delete option
menu. With hide option you can do it and show only the red point in the
cell.

I hope this help,

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez