Looking to Get Involved

Zachary Liquorman Zachary Liquorman

Looking to Get Involved

Hi,

I'm looking to get involved in helping with the documentation side of
things in the Libre Office project. I have experience doing everything
mentioned on the page here:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/documenters/ sans deep
indexing work. I've got a bit of time to dedicate to helping out, and I'm
eager to get involved.

Please let me know how I can help!

-Zach

Tom Tom

Re: Looking to Get Involved

Hi :)
Welcome in!!! :))

You might have spotted people talking about this
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#Contributors.27_Guide

being a little out-of-date but it's still quite excellent.

Hopefully someone will soon give you an ODFAuthors login and help guide you into working on something useful unless you already have decided on what your mission is going to be.  Many people join projects because of a specific thing they want to see fixed.  It's a good way in.

Are you keen to work on the guides themselves and if so which of the apps/modules interests you most? (Writer, Calc, Impress?)  There is a wiki-Faq that could usefully be translated from French, or the Base Handbook translated from German, or the main Base Guide still needs more people as it is being written from scratch.  If you are comfortable working between Xml tags then the in-built help could use a few people to translate it from geek and check for the types of thing proper documentation experts normally check for to smooth it out.

Writer and Impress are being worked on at the moment so it might be good to join in with the people working on those in order to help them get through the process, either reviewing, proof-reading or whatever is needed next for whichever chapter and then move on to being the main author updating a particular chapter.

Anyway, welcome in!  I'm just a lurker here but hopefully i might have got things about right for once.

>________________________________

Sigrid Carrera Sigrid Carrera

Re: Looking to Get Involved

Hi Zachary,

I have set up an account for you on ODFAuthors, you should have
received an email with a link to set your password.

Tom gave you already the link to the contributors guide, so that
should get you started.
If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask here on the list.

Welcome to the team!

Sigrid

Hazel Russman-2 Hazel Russman-2

Re: Looking to Get Involved

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:00:50 +0000 (GMT)
Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a
> wiki-Faq that could usefully be translated from French, or the Base
> Handbook translated from German, or the main Base Guide still needs
> more people as it is being written from scratch.  If you are
> comfortable working between Xml tags then the in-built help could use
> a few people to translate it from geek and check for the types of
> thing proper documentation experts normally check for to smooth it
> out.

How is the Base Handbook getting along? I could perhaps do another
chapter of this or have a look at the French FAQ.
--
If any members of GCHQ are reading this, shame on you! I fought for
your right to belong to a trade union and now you are taking away my

H Russman

Jean Weber Jean Weber

Re: Looking to Get Involved

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Hazel Russman
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> How is the Base Handbook getting along? I could perhaps do another
> chapter of this or have a look at the French FAQ.

Please do another chapter of the Base Handbook, from Chapter 7
onwards. The next item on my list to do was finishing the chapters
that have already been translated and looking for people to translate
the others.

--Jean

Robinson Tryon Robinson Tryon

Re: Looking to Get Involved

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Jean Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Hazel Russman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How is the Base Handbook getting along? I could perhaps do another
>> chapter of this or have a look at the French FAQ.
>
> Please do another chapter of the Base Handbook, from Chapter 7
> onwards. The next item on my list to do was finishing the chapters
> that have already been translated and looking for people to translate
> the others.

+1

We've gotten a number of questions on the LibreOffice Ask site from
people who are hungry to learn more about how to use Base, so
additional/updated Base documentation would be greatly appreciated!

--R

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Re: Base Handbook

Hi Jean, Hazel,
Am 08.03.2013 19:00, schrieb Jean Weber:
> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Hazel Russman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How is the Base Handbook getting along? I could perhaps do another
>> chapter of this or have a look at the French FAQ.
>
> Please do another chapter of the Base Handbook, from Chapter 7
> onwards. The next item on my list to do was finishing the chapters
> that have already been translated and looking for people to translate
> the others.

Have you noticed that there is a new version for 4.0 made by Robert?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/de#Handbuch_f.C3.BCr_Base

--
Grüße
k-j

Hazel Russman-2 Hazel Russman-2

Re: Looking to Get Involved

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 10:00:54 -0800
Jean Weber <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Hazel Russman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > How is the Base Handbook getting along? I could perhaps do another
> > chapter of this or have a look at the French FAQ.
>
> Please do another chapter of the Base Handbook, from Chapter 7
> onwards. The next item on my list to do was finishing the chapters
> that have already been translated and looking for people to translate
> the others.
>
> --Jean

Ok, doing chapter 7 now. The old version, since that's what the other
chapters are taken from.

--
H Russman