Lost content in wiki

Otto Kekäläinen Otto Kekäläinen

Lost content in wiki

Hello,

This morning I worked for about on hour on the page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FI/Median%C3%A4kyvyys

Unfortunately it got removed (I don't know by who) and recreated by
other persons today. Is there some way to recover the original
version? At least get the data back to me personally?

I'm somewhat pissed my work got lost and I wonder why there is no
revision data anywhere. I helped the Finnish team with a press release
on yesterday and today and the page had some real content that is now
lost.

Thanks for you help!

--
Otto Kekäläinen                   []         [hidden email]
Finnish Team Coordinator        [][][]  GPG/PGP 0xB7F7E4E1

Re: Lost content in wiki

Hi Otto, *,

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=FI/Median%C3%A4kyvyys&action=history

> Unfortunately it got removed (I don't know by who) and recreated by
> other persons today. Is there some way to recover the original
> version? At least get the data back to me personally?

If you mean
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FI/Lehdist%C3%B6tiedotteet

it has been deleted by accident but it has already been restored.

As you say - the logs (at least the public ones) doesn't show anything
suspicious regarding the page you mentioned  - so are you sure you did
save your work?

ciao
Christian

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: Lost content in wiki

For just that type of thing, I do my work offline as  much as possible,
then upload it.
Then I save the page's html file offline.

I hate it when someone can just wipe out my work.  I had a "cute"
college student wipe my half semester length project off the mainframe,
just to prove it to his friends.  The professor was not amused and I had
to type it all back in within 1 week to get it excepted.  I was in a
sling at the time and my professor would not take that for an excuse,
but the guy who did it failed out right then and there since the
professor would no longer take his work after he wipe out mine.

So, on that day, I learned a valuable lesson.  If you can back up your
work.  Back then hard drives were 3 and 4 pizza size platters holding
about as much a 10 to 20 meg, and there was not backup space for
students, or use of the tape system if you could buy your own reel.  No
floppies then.

Now, I do my best to back up all my work, just in case some jerk decided
he was like the college guy and wipe my work off the system.  Now that I
have two 1-TB drives and one 2-TB drive mostly filled, I have to somehow
get the money to buy enough external drive space for 2 complete backups.

So, I learned my lesson, and the jerk learned his.  I wish modern day
jerks would learn it to.