Lost files

nickv nickv

Lost files

I have been using Libreoffice for a number of years with good success and have created many files.

Today many off those files are missing/lost and no longer show on my computer.

Multipule files were saved in folders now some of those folders are now empty other folders have some files missing.

I see online others have had the same experance.

Please advise if these files can be recovered and why would they be deleted.

Nick

Alan Boba Alan Boba

Re: Lost files

Nick,

LibreOffice would not have deleted any document, spreadsheet, etc files
that you created. There aren't even options on the menus to perform those
actions. Same for the LibreOffice installer, if a new version was recently
installed.

I have read recently of some Microsoft Windows updates causing loss of data.

My guess would be one of the following caused file deletion:
- a faulty Windows update
- someone inadvertently or purposefully deleting files

If you have backups my recommendation is restore from backup.
If no backup and you're using Windows
* check the Trash to see if the files are there. If found recover from Trash
* try a file recovery tool, i.e. Windows File Recovery,
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/windows-file-recovery/9n26s50ln705?activetab=pivot:overviewtab,
from Microsoft. Other tools from other vendors are available

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 6:41 AM nickv <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been using Libreoffice for a number of years with good success and
> have created many files.
>
> Today many off those files are missing/lost and no longer show on my
> computer.
>
> Multipule files were saved in folders now some of those folders are now
> empty other folders have some files missing.
>
> I see online others have had the same experance.
>
> Please advise if these files can be recovered and why would they be
> deleted.
>
> Nick

Alan Boba
CISSP, CCENT, ITIL v3 Foundations 2011