Making Libre Office my default for Word & Excel documents

Alwyn Alwyn

Making Libre Office my default for Word & Excel documents

I use an iMac on which Open Office is currently the default application.  I
want to change Libre Office to the default whilst keeping Open Office as an
application.  Is that possible?

snowshed snowshed

Re: Making Libre Office my default for Word & Excel documents

On 2/13/20 7:28 AM, Alwyn wrote:
> I use an iMac on which Open Office is currently the default application.  I
> want to change Libre Office to the default whilst keeping Open Office as an
> application.  Is that possible?

Mac Mojave:

System Preferences>Default Apps> Extensions  Select the correct file
extension, select Libre Office in the dropdown list.

My install did not have ods for Calc, so I typed it in the box below the
extensions list, clicked on the plus sign, and selected Libre Office.

--
Ken
MacOS 10.14.6