Mapping of AccessibleStateType to AtkStateType

Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson

Mapping of AccessibleStateType to AtkStateType

Hi

When trying to get the grips on "Bug 86674 - Previously-viewed paragraphs have ATK_STATE_INVALID after navigation by page" I realized that the issue was due to a few added AccessibleStateType's. The mapping into AtkStateType however was not updated. Problem is the current implementation expects all states to have an equivalent but I can only find an equivalent for DEFAULT. Not the other three added states. The added states are:
MOVEABLE
DEFAULT
OFFSCREEN
COLLAPSE

I did a small patch to fix DEFAULT and ignore MOVABLE. MOVABLE is causing the issue reported in the bug.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/13727

However the ignoring part is ugly. But I'm unsure of how to do it cleanly. At least ATK_STATE_INVALID does not get set if the state type is unmapped.

As a side note the added state COLLAPSE should probably be COLLAPSED. Could this be changed or is the name set in stone? If it is possible to change I need to verify that it really should be COLLAPSED and not COLLAPSE.
Niklas

Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: Mapping of AccessibleStateType to AtkStateType

On Sun, 2015-01-04 at 02:18 +0100, Niklas Johansson wrote:

> The added states are:
> MOVEABLE
> DEFAULT
> OFFSCREEN
> COLLAPSE
>
> I did a small patch to fix DEFAULT and ignore MOVABLE. MOVABLE is
> causing the issue reported in the bug.
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/13727
>
> However the ignoring part is ugly. But I'm unsure of how to do it
> cleanly. At least ATK_STATE_INVALID does not get set if the state type
> is unmapped.

There are some comments in
offapi/com/sun/star/accessibility/AccessibleStateType.idl which suggest
MOVEABLE doesn't have an atk equivalent which sounds to me that it
should be simply ignored. While OFFSCREEN and COLLAPSE[D] have some
suggested equivalents for atk. But presumably those equivalents are also
already covered and unchanged so these could safely be ignored for atk
too.

> As a side note the added state COLLAPSE should probably be COLLAPSED.
> Could this be changed or is the name set in stone? If it is possible
> to change I need to verify that it really should be COLLAPSED and not
> COLLAPSE.

You should be able to change that as the a11y api is unpublished.

C.

Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson

Re: Mapping of AccessibleStateType to AtkStateType

Thank you for the answer, somehow I missed the comments in offapi, I
suppose that I only looked at the comments at api.libreoffice.org... O
well...

I'll might dig into if OFFSCREEN is the opposite of ATK_STATE_SHOWING
but I can't really say that I see it as a priority until I find some bug
that I believe might be related.

Regards,
Niklas

sberg sberg

On 01/16/2015 08:43 PM, Niklas Johansson wrote:
> Thank you for the answer, somehow I missed the comments in offapi, I
> suppose that I only looked at the comments at api.libreoffice.org... O
> well...

Would probably make sense to rephrase and reformat the "IA2 CWS"
comments for offapi/com/sun/star/accessibility/AccessibleStateType.idl's
MOVEABLE, DEFAULT, OFFSCREEN, COLLAPSE so that they show up in the
doxygen output (esp. for the latter two, which have no doxygen comment
at all).

Stephan Bergmann skrev den 2015-01-19 10:29:

> Would probably make sense to rephrase and reformat the "IA2 CWS"
> comments for
> offapi/com/sun/star/accessibility/AccessibleStateType.idl's MOVEABLE,
> DEFAULT, OFFSCREEN, COLLAPSE so that they show up in the doxygen
> output (esp. for the latter two, which have no doxygen comment at all).

Adding documentation for the added states, roles and events has been on
my todo-list for way to long. I better see to it that I get it done as
soon as possible, obviously I need it. ;)

Regards,
Niklas Johansson