Based on the email exchanged during the last week, these are the topics
for discussion, to replace our forced public inactivity with some
virtual activity. Of course, we will have to choose and prioritize.
1. Add a banner to all web properties (websites and blogs) inviting
people to give a try to LO, and donate to support the project
2. Reddit AMA, not only on the global linux/open source/free software
channel but also on local national IT channels, to be repeated after
every major announcement
3. Monthly webinar on a specific topic, to help individuals start using
LibreOffice and companies start moving to LibreOffice (one hour)
4. Podcasts focused on specific aspects of LibreOffice (10 minutes)
5. "Ask our experts live": for about one or two hours per week, some
support volunteers are available for an interactive session to answer
questions about LibreOffice usage
6. An alternative is to plan a live stream to show some tips and let the
audiences to ask their questions with text
7. Weekly how-to blog posts covering specific issues, or introducing new
features (we could get a list of topics from questions on Ask)
8. Educational articles on publishing platforms such as LinkedIn/Medium,
to cover topics which could get a better traction if published in a
neutral page: why companies should pay for free software, how free
software deals with quality and security, contributing to free software,
Looking forward to talk to you all. Best regards, Italo
Am So., 5. Apr. 2020 um 22:57 Uhr schrieb Italo Vignoli <
> Marketing Conference Call
> Thursday, April 9, at 3PM CEST
> https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/marketing > (please do not use video, to avoid connection issues)
> Based on the email exchanged during the last week, these are the topics
> for discussion, to replace our forced public inactivity with some
> virtual activity. Of course, we will have to choose and prioritize.
> 1. Add a banner to all web properties (websites and blogs) inviting
> people to give a try to LO, and donate to support the project
In time of COV where all companies, public organisation, ...
don't know how to support there stuff, I don't think it's a good idea.
I would go to the direction of how LibO can support them.
Use LibreOffice at school, company, home everywhere for free,
Online or Offline wherever you want
whatever you do LibreOffice is there for you.
We respect your privacy, we respect your situation.