Marketing Conference Call

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Marketing Conference Call

Link for the hangout:

https://hangouts.google.com/call/vubvmucyabecxkvm3gxskb6waie

AGENDA

Marketing Conference Call

ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBREOFFICE 5.2 IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3, AT
NOON CEST (10AM UTC)

1. Press Kit
- General Press Release (focusing on positioning)
- Technical Press Release (focusing on new features)
- Background on User Interface Innovations
- Background on Document Classification Standards

2. Press Briefings
- Monday, August 1st: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
Europe, afternoon for the Americas
- Tuesday, August 2nd: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
Europe, afternoon for the Americas
- 1to1 Interviews will be planned on both days and all day on Wednesday,
August 3rd

3. Videos
- Links to videos will be provided in the press kit

4. Questions?

--
Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Marketing Conference Call

NOTES FROM THE CALL

* Italo and Mike working on press release for LO 5.2: short general
information at the start, summarising the release; add at the end a
technical part, with links to background information

* We should talk about the new functions and features in Calc, bringing
LO closer to Excel

* UI changes: send a broad message that LO has a very flexible
interface, eg with the new single toolbar modes in Writer and Calc. Use
language that's closer to end users than UI experts

* Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using
another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this
area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using
document classification

* Announcements: press briefings on Mon and Tues before release on Weds;
Italo and Mike to plan for those. Have a 5 - 8 slide presentation to
show in 15 minutes, followed by Q+A

* Also write personalised pitches to specific journalists, inviting them
to interview us or write articles

* Should include Asia in the process where possible - even if not for
5.2, start thinking about how to have a better relationship with Asian
journalists in future. Need to overcome language barrier

* Videos: English done, ideally will be localised for other languages.
Sophie to spread the word in NLPs to get translations / audio



On 20.07.2016 11:21, Italo Vignoli wrote:

> Link for the hangout:
>
> https://hangouts.google.com/call/vubvmucyabecxkvm3gxskb6waie
>
> AGENDA
>
> Marketing Conference Call
>
> ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBREOFFICE 5.2 IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3,
> AT
> NOON CEST (10AM UTC)
>
> 1. Press Kit
> - General Press Release (focusing on positioning)
> - Technical Press Release (focusing on new features)
> - Background on User Interface Innovations
> - Background on Document Classification Standards
>
> 2. Press Briefings
> - Monday, August 1st: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
> Europe, afternoon for the Americas
> - Tuesday, August 2nd: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
> Europe, afternoon for the Americas
> - 1to1 Interviews will be planned on both days and all day on
> Wednesday,
> August 3rd
>
> 3. Videos
> - Links to videos will be provided in the press kit
>
> 4. Questions?
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
> mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
> hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
> GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
> DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Marketing Conference Call

Hello Mike, Italo,

Sorry for not having been available - I have a few questions inline.

Le 20.07.2016 12:42, Mike Saunders a écrit :

> NOTES FROM THE CALL
>
> * Italo and Mike working on press release for LO 5.2: short general
> information at the start, summarising the release; add at the end a
> technical part, with links to background information
>
> * We should talk about the new functions and features in Calc,
> bringing LO closer to Excel
>
> * UI changes: send a broad message that LO has a very flexible
> interface, eg with the new single toolbar modes in Writer and Calc.
> Use language that's closer to end users than UI experts
>
> * Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using
> another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this
> area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using
> document classification

This looks like a great content base both for general communication on
the 5.2 and for the "big" 5 features to be highlighted on the website.
I'd be interested in the standard for document classification as well as
the major new features so that we can define the top 5 features ahead of
the release.

>
> * Announcements: press briefings on Mon and Tues before release on
> Weds; Italo and Mike to plan for those. Have a 5 - 8 slide
> presentation to show in 15 minutes, followed by Q+A
>
> * Also write personalised pitches to specific journalists, inviting
> them to interview us or write articles
>
> * Should include Asia in the process where possible - even if not for
> 5.2, start thinking about how to have a better relationship with Asian
> journalists in future. Need to overcome language barrier
>
> * Videos: English done, ideally will be localised for other languages.
> Sophie to spread the word in NLPs to get translations / audio


Great videos!

Thanks,

Charles.

>
>
>
> On 20.07.2016 11:21, Italo Vignoli wrote:
>> Link for the hangout:
>>
>> https://hangouts.google.com/call/vubvmucyabecxkvm3gxskb6waie
>>
>> AGENDA
>>
>> Marketing Conference Call
>>
>> ANNOUNCEMENT OF LIBREOFFICE 5.2 IS SCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 3,
>> AT
>> NOON CEST (10AM UTC)
>>
>> 1. Press Kit
>> - General Press Release (focusing on positioning)
>> - Technical Press Release (focusing on new features)
>> - Background on User Interface Innovations
>> - Background on Document Classification Standards
>>
>> 2. Press Briefings
>> - Monday, August 1st: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning for
>> Europe, afternoon for the Americas
>> - Tuesday, August 2nd: early morning for Asia/Pacific, late morning
>> for
>> Europe, afternoon for the Americas
>> - 1to1 Interviews will be planned on both days and all day on
>> Wednesday,
>> August 3rd
>>
>> 3. Videos
>> - Links to videos will be provided in the press kit
>>
>> 4. Questions?
>>
>> --
>> Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
>> mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
>> hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
>> GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
>> DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Marketing Conference Call

Hi Charles,

On 20.07.2016 14:32, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

>
>> * Document classification: we are using a standard. Microsoft is using
>> another approach, RMS (Right Management System). Position LO in this
>> area as it becomes viable tool for large companies that are using
>> document classification
>
> This looks like a great content base both for general communication on
> the 5.2 and for the "big" 5 features to be highlighted on the website.
> I'd be interested in the standard for document classification as well
> as the major new features so that we can define the top 5 features
> ahead of the release.

The standard is from TSCP (Transglobal Secure Collaboration Program),
and there's more information on the LibreOffice implementation in this
blog entry: http://vmiklos.hu/blog/classification-toolbar.html

> Great videos!

Thanks! Hopefully we'll have versions in other languages before the
release of 5.2 as well.

Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted