Maximizing Value for Time Spent

Barbara Duprey Barbara Duprey

Maximizing Value for Time Spent

Which would be better right now -- concentrating on the basically mechanical rebranding activities
for a chapter, or working on both those and the content? Obviously the second takes longer for
turnaround but (at least in theory) makes the chapter better in addition to rebranding. I took the
first approach on Chapter 9, but would it be better to just get all of the chapters rebranded for
now and come back for content later?

Hal Parker Hal Parker

Re: Maximizing Value for Time Spent

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Barbara Duprey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which would be better right now -- concentrating on the basically
> mechanical rebranding activities for a chapter, or working on both those and
> the content? Obviously the second takes longer for turnaround but (at least
> in theory) makes the chapter better in addition to rebranding. I took the
> first approach on Chapter 9, but would it be better to just get all of the
> chapters rebranded for now and come back for content later?

My opinion: content improvement later, other than the obvious differences
between OOo and LibO or anything about v3.3 that the OOo folks missed. We
have a LOT of books to get through as quickly as possible.

Of course, that depends on the OOo team updating the books for v3.3 before
we get to them. Otherwise we'll be taking the lead. Not necessarily a bad
thing, just extra work.

Hal

Ron Faile Ron Faile

On 1/11/2011 3:45 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
> Which would be better right now -- concentrating on the basically
> mechanical rebranding activities for a chapter, or working on both
> those and the content?
I think the rebranding would be the best choice at the moment.

Ron

Tom Tom

Re: Maximizing Value for Time Spent

Yep, i think re-branding has to be the priority.  I got a bit bogged down in
minor side-issues in the only page i have looked at so far. Hopefully i might
get time to skim through a few more pages soon but life got unexpectedly
complicated just before Christmas but 'should' settle down soon.

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

On 1/11/2011 3:45 PM, Barbara Duprey wrote:
> Which would be better right now -- concentrating on the basically mechanical
>rebranding activities for a chapter, or working on both those and the content?
I think the rebranding would be the best choice at the moment.

Ron

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/documentation/