Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco-2 Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q4 filing.

1. Call to order & Roll Call

The meeting took place on 2019-09-24.
Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco, Dennis Roczek, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo

2. BoD elections (just as a confirmation from previous in person meeting)
Dates are decided (see last meeting's minutes) but we need to find who'll care about Helios voting.
Gabriele will make some attempt with it, since he used it for LibreItalia

3. K-J's resignation
Gabriele: i'd like to invite him to think about remaining…
MC unanimously accepted K-J's resignation and asked Ilmari to step in to replace the vacant position. Ilmari accepted.
MC will (ask to) remove K-J from Telegram Group, Gerrit, mcm-db, IRC, Nextcloud group, Jitsi, ML… and update the Website and Wiki pages.

4. DashBoard
See shared MockUp
Gustavo will share some proposal for updating our tooling (mcm-db) to nowadays

5. Statistics of membership
On MC Dashboard's home page

6. 10 years anniversary
According to marketing programs, do we want to propose something in particular from MC?
As soon as Italo will share the 60 events list, we should think about if and who attend them.
Jona: if we'll have funds, it would be great to give some gadget like anniversary t-shirt and/or postcard to everyone in our community.
Gustavo: according to Italo's speech we (MC) should try to prepare a list of oldest members
Gabriele: I'd like to have a spreadsheet to order member lists by "duration" in TDF to have it ready in case we shouldn't enough money for everyone.
Gustavo: I'm gonna prepare it

7. New Members

The Membership Committee has received Membership Applications since the last review of the Membership Rolls, has reviewed these Applications in light of the requirement as defined in the Statutes of The Document Foundation, and has decided that the status of Member of The Document Foundation will be granted to the following persons, for a period of 1 (one) year effective the first day of the fourth quarter of 2019:

Celia Palacios Gómez-Tagle
Renato Javier Barsotti
Ismael Fanlo Boj
Richard Palusaar
Jun Meguro
Petr Valach
Xiomara Céspedes Jiménez
Andras Timar

Approved by unanimous roll call vote.


8. Membership Renewals

The Membership Committee has received Membership Renewal requests since the last review of the Membership Rolls. Memberships that are not renewed in a timely manner are deemed to have lapsed. The Membership Committee has reviewed these Renewal requests in light of the requirement as defined in the Statutes of The Document Foundation and decided that the following persons have their status of Member of The Document Foundation extended until the end of the third quarter of 2020.

Lothar K. Becker
Tulio Macedo
Christophe Cazin
Leo Moons
Vitorio Furusho
Stuart Swales
Stephan Bergmann
Arnaud Versini
Eike Rathke
Kees Kriek
Pierre-Yves Samyn
Gabor Kelemen
Zeki Bildirici
Diego Maniacco
Osvaldo Gervasi
Matteo Casalin
Gabriele Ponzo
Giordano Alborghetti
Paolo Pelloni
Dennis Roczek
Laurent Balland-Poirier
Ashod Nakashian
Henry Castro
Marco Cecchetti
Tiago Carrondo
Vasily Melenchuk
Modestas Rimkus
Mike Saunders
Aron Budea
Timur Gadžo
Anxhelo Lushka
Rob Westein
Jona Azizaj
Zdeněk Crhonek
Eric Ficheux
Silva Arapi
Jens Carl
Elisabetta Manuele
Philippe Hemmel
Dieter Praas
Rizal Muttaqin
Alexandre Arnaud
Rene Leyva
Behzat Yildirim

Approved by unanimous roll call vote.

9 Adjourning

All business being concluded, the meeting was closed on 2019-09-24.

Meeting minutes approved:

Gustavo Pacheco Keeper of the minutes
Gabriele Ponzo Chairman


--
Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco, member of the Membership Committee
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
My local Time: UTC-03:00 / CET-04:00
Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

Hello,

it seemed the date on the membership website (https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/)
is again not in accordance with § 10 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the statutes.

Kind regards,
Andreas


Am 15.10.19 um 16:12 schrieb Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco:

> Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q4 filing.
>
> 1. Call to order & Roll Call
>
> The meeting took place on 2019-09-24.
> Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Gustavo Buzzatti
> Pacheco, Dennis Roczek, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo
>
> 2. BoD elections (just as a confirmation from previous in person meeting)
> Dates are decided (see last meeting's minutes) but we need to find
> who'll care about Helios voting.
> Gabriele will make some attempt with it, since he used it for LibreItalia
>
> 3. K-J's resignation
> Gabriele: i'd like to invite him to think about remaining…
> MC unanimously accepted K-J's resignation and asked Ilmari to step in
> to replace the vacant position. Ilmari accepted.
> MC will (ask to) remove K-J from Telegram Group, Gerrit, mcm-db, IRC,
> Nextcloud group, Jitsi, ML… and update the Website and Wiki pages.
>
> 4. DashBoard
> See shared MockUp
> Gustavo will share some proposal for updating our tooling (mcm-db) to
> nowadays
>
> 5. Statistics of membership
> On MC Dashboard's home page
>
> 6. 10 years anniversary
> According to marketing programs, do we want to propose something in
> particular from MC?
> As soon as Italo will share the 60 events list, we should think about
> if and who attend them.
> Jona: if we'll have funds, it would be great to give some gadget like
> anniversary t-shirt and/or postcard to everyone in our community.
> Gustavo: according to Italo's speech we (MC) should try to prepare a
> list of oldest members
> Gabriele: I'd like to have a spreadsheet to order member lists by
> "duration" in TDF to have it ready in case we shouldn't enough money
> for everyone.
> Gustavo: I'm gonna prepare it
>
> 7. New Members
>
> The Membership Committee has received Membership Applications since
> the last review of the Membership Rolls, has reviewed these
> Applications in light of the requirement as defined in the Statutes of
> The Document Foundation, and has decided that the status of Member of
> The Document Foundation will be granted to the following persons, for
> a period of 1 (one) year effective the first day of the fourth quarter
> of 2019:
>
> Celia Palacios Gómez-Tagle
> Renato Javier Barsotti
> Ismael Fanlo Boj
> Richard Palusaar
> Jun Meguro
> Petr Valach
> Xiomara Céspedes Jiménez
> Andras Timar
>
> Approved by unanimous roll call vote.
>
>
> 8. Membership Renewals
>
> The Membership Committee has received Membership Renewal requests
> since the last review of the Membership Rolls. Memberships that are
> not renewed in a timely manner are deemed to have lapsed. The
> Membership Committee has reviewed these Renewal requests in light of
> the requirement as defined in the Statutes of The Document Foundation
> and decided that the following persons have their status of Member of
> The Document Foundation extended until the end of the third quarter of
> 2020.
>
> Lothar K. Becker
> Tulio Macedo
> Christophe Cazin
> Leo Moons
> Vitorio Furusho
> Stuart Swales
> Stephan Bergmann
> Arnaud Versini
> Eike Rathke
> Kees Kriek
> Pierre-Yves Samyn
> Gabor Kelemen
> Zeki Bildirici
> Diego Maniacco
> Osvaldo Gervasi
> Matteo Casalin
> Gabriele Ponzo
> Giordano Alborghetti
> Paolo Pelloni
> Dennis Roczek
> Laurent Balland-Poirier
> Ashod Nakashian
> Henry Castro
> Marco Cecchetti
> Tiago Carrondo
> Vasily Melenchuk
> Modestas Rimkus
> Mike Saunders
> Aron Budea
> Timur Gadžo
> Anxhelo Lushka
> Rob Westein
> Jona Azizaj
> Zdeněk Crhonek
> Eric Ficheux
> Silva Arapi
> Jens Carl
> Elisabetta Manuele
> Philippe Hemmel
> Dieter Praas
> Rizal Muttaqin
> Alexandre Arnaud
> Rene Leyva
> Behzat Yildirim
>
> Approved by unanimous roll call vote.
>
> 9 Adjourning
>
> All business being concluded, the meeting was closed on 2019-09-24.
>
> Meeting minutes approved:
>
> Gustavo Pacheco Keeper of the minutes
> Gabriele Ponzo Chairman
>
>
> --
> Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco, member of the Membership Committee
> The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
> Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
> My local Time: UTC-03:00 / CET-04:00



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

In reply to this post by Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco-2
Hello,


Am 15.10.19 um 16:12 schrieb Gustavo Buzzatti Pacheco:
> Minutes of the Membership Committee meeting for 2019-Q4 filing.
>
> 1. Call to order & Roll Call
>
> The meeting took place on 2019-09-24.
> Membership Committee Members present: Jona Azizaj, Gustavo Buzzatti
> Pacheco, Dennis Roczek, Ilmari Lauhakangas, Gabriele Ponzo

if there is no mistake in the board-discuss list mail archive, Ilmari
accepted the role as a member of the MC on 2019-09-25 at 10.09 AM. Thus
he was not a
member of the MC during the 2019-09-24.

Kind regards,
Andreas


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

sophie sophie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

In reply to this post by Andreas Mantke
Hi Andreas,
Le 15/10/2019 à 21:35, Andreas Mantke a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> it seemed the date on the membership website (https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/)
> is again not in accordance with § 10 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the statutes.

Thanks for you feedback, it is now corrected.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Foundation coordinator
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

In reply to this post by Andreas Mantke
Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke wrote:

> if there is no mistake in the board-discuss list mail archive, Ilmari
> accepted the role as a member of the MC on 2019-09-25 at 10.09 AM. Thus
> he was not a
> member of the MC during the 2019-09-24.

one could also argue that § 12 II states that deputies automatically
replace members leaving the MC. Accepting the new role is a good habit,
but in any case, none of this does changes the MC decision as per § 11 II.

Florian

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

Hi,

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Accepting the new role is a good habit, but in any case, none of this
> does changes the MC decision as per § 11 II.

small typo: It's § 10 II, of course.

Florian

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

In reply to this post by Florian Effenberger
Hello Florian,

Am 16.10.19 um 10:33 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Andreas Mantke wrote:
>
>> if there is no mistake in the board-discuss list mail archive, Ilmari
>> accepted the role as a member of the MC on 2019-09-25 at 10.09 AM. Thus
>> he was not a
>> member of the MC during the 2019-09-24.
>
> one could also argue that § 12 II states that deputies automatically
> replace members leaving the MC. Accepting the new role is a good
> habit, but in any case, none of this does changes the MC decision as
> per § 11 II.
>

First: please decide for the way you want to go and be consequent. Don't
always try to change your rationale. If your new try would be correct,
why you are asking for accepting the role.

In my opinion the association law applies here (because there is no
special rule for foundations available, that is different from the rules
for associations and the statutes also provide no dedicated rule for
this). The membership in the MC is connected with duties. And there is
the rule that nobody could be obligated to do third parties duties. Thus
an acceptance of the role is necessary independent of the way this
acceptance would be declared (if the statutes or the law didn't ask for
a special form).

Thus it is not only a good habit, but necessary.

Kind regards,
Andreas




--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Membership Committee Meeting minutes 2019-09-24

In reply to this post by sophie
Hi Sophie,

Am 16.10.19 um 10:26 schrieb sophi:

> Hi Andreas,
> Le 15/10/2019 à 21:35, Andreas Mantke a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> it seemed the date on the membership website (https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/)
>> is again not in accordance with § 10 paragraph 2 sentence 1 of the statutes.
> Thanks for you feedback, it is now corrected.
> Cheers
> Sophie
>
thanks for your work!

Cheers,
Andreas



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy