Minor (?) LO installation problem

mhenriday mhenriday

Minor (?) LO installation problem

I am very
​ impressed and​
pleased with LO 6.0.1.1, which I have now installed on both my Linux (Mint
18.3) and Windows (10, v 1709) boxes
​ ; among other things, like v 6.0.0.3, it loads much more quickly than
earlier versions.
However, when installing the suite on Windows machines, I have
​encountered the following problem : If I choose the alternative for
typical installation (I'm not certain if that is the correct term in the
English version of the programme ; I am here translating from the Swedish,
as I use that version) in the installation guide, an error message is
displayed just before the installation of the basic programme is completed
and it is rolled back. This difficulty can be avoided if instead of the
standard installation, I click the alternative which allows me to choose
certain parameters, in particular to uncheck the box which automatically
installs a desktop icon. If I recall aright, I first observed this problem
when updating to LO 5.4.4.2....

Has anyone else encountered this problem ?...

Henri