Minutes Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Minutes Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01

The Document Foundation
Board of Directors Meeting 2019-03-01
Call Minutes

Date: 2019-03-01
Location: Jitsi

Session chair: Marina Latini
Keeper of the minutes: Michael Meeks

In the call: Michael (BoD), Thorsten (BoD), Marina (Chairwoman),
Franklin (BoD), Florian (ED), Simon (Deputy), Cor (BoD), Björn (BoD),
Eike (BoD)
Representation: None

Chairwoman of the Board is in the call. One of the Chairwoman or Deputy
Chairman is required to be present or represented for having a quorate call.

The Board of Directors at time of the call consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the call needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4. A total of 7 Board of
Directors members are attending the call.

The board waives all formal statutory requirements, or requirements in
the foundations articles, or other requirements regarding form and
invitation, time limits, and for the topics discussed in this meeting.

The call is quorate and invitation happened in time. From now on,
motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple majority of those
remaining present. The majority threshold is currently 4.

The meeting commences at 14:01 Berlin time.

Public part:

0. Last-minute addition: Meeting for approval of annual report (Florian,
5 minutes)
    * send in until April 30 (in German)
    * formal meeting planned for mid-April
      -> proposals: regular meeting slot CW 15 (Friday, April 12) with
fallback CW 16 before Good Friday
      + Simon in Barcelona for a conference April 12th (but a Deputy so
need not be blocking).
      + can we do an E-mail vote ? (Michael)
         + can do it by E-mail yes (Florian)
             + need one formal meeeting per year
             + FOSDEM and/or LibOCon work well for that (Michael)
      AI Marina/Björn: send formal invite two weeks before as per statutes
    * report currently in writing by Italo and Mike
    * we need the final budget projects by then
    * first complete draft planned mid-March
AI: Florian to share folder link when first set of docs is there early
next week
AI Florian: find out if we need a formal meeting, or a regular e-mail
vote is fine

    * need to know which projects we hope to run for filing (Florian)
        + projects need naming as a line-item.

1. Discuss: Status update on extensions & templates page (Florian, 5
minutes)
    * WordPress or OpenDesktop environment, simple wiki page with
linking as fallback
      * WordPress needs development work
      * service provider 1: 260 hours - with discount ~8,5k €
      * service provider 2: happy to do the job, but suggests
OpenDesktop, as it's there
    * OpenDesktop
      * self-hosting possible
      * SSO question pending
      * offer consulting
      -> will try OpenDesktop first
    * Don't want something heavily customized - so not needing to
maintain it
    * had a call with OpenDesktop
    * we can self-host it, rather than doing it externally.
    * Need to avoid "bus factor" - potential loss of capability by loss
of a single contributor
    * Guilhelm curious wrt SSO support ?
      * linking vs. hosting - does it meet that criteria ? (Michael)
         * OpenDesktop - hosts files & releases etc.
    * interested to include volunteers (Thorsten)
      * buovjaga was in the discussion too (Florian)
      * Eager to ensure that community is included (Cor)
         * provide updates on mailing list wrt. where we're
           at to increase interest and inclusion.
         * also good to clarify the criteria - is it just portal
           or does it have storage too - a full replacement ?
            * would be a full replacement (Florian)
    => Seems good to proceed with switch to an OpenDesktop instance
       https://www.opendesktop.org/
         * Cor wants to look further at it.

Public call ends 14:18 Berlin time.

Marina Latini (Session chair)
Michael Meeks (Keeper of the minutes)

--
Florian Effenberger, Executive Director (Geschäftsführer)
Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy