* Bullet lists defaults
+ https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=92657 + Option 1: Replace OpenSymbol as default for bullets by text default
+ Option 2: Reduce bullet size so that spacing is not affected by symbols
+ code pointers needed
-> no easy hack, needs investigation
* Inserting shapes in Draw shouldn't require multiple clicks (Jay)
+ https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=90748 + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=39268 - Double click is the Libo way to do things repeatedly (Stuart, Cor, Heiko)
- not really accurate across all apps
- Hard to find out for new users (Jay)
- Workflow is different and in Writer usually more than one object is added
where Draw rather is to manipulate what has been added (Stuart)
- better to teach users about our good solution (single click = single action, double click = sticky) (Heiko)
- create proposals with pro/cons for the next meeting so a simple decision yay/nay is possible
+ Writer/Calc (Cor via email)
- Single click causes multiple inserting of objects.
- Single click causes single insert of objects.
- Double click needed for multiple after another..
- The last draw object is selected and can be resized;
- The cursor becomes/is normal with click on document area. Or after ESC.
Now my consideration:
- it's easier to click in doc, or push ESC (to end insert mode) than to
- So, unless the default behavior in other similar tools is as we have
in Draw currently, I'm fine with a change as Jay suggests.
+ how about an module dependent option whether or not the double click is active by default (Heiko)
+ if it's burning, can have it as a GSoC project next year (kendy)
+ run some research and compare with other programs (samuel)
+ ask the community; blog post/quick poll (Heiko)