Mouse action

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Mouse action

Hi.
Is there a setting in Libreoffice to enable/disable response to the
mouse in a window without focus.

I have one PC with LO 6.05 and one with LO 6.1. Both Linux.
On both machines all other applications will scroll with the middle
mouse button when the mouse is over a window without focus.

On the machine with LO 6.05 if I have 2 documents open, the document
without focus will scroll with the middle mouse button when the mouse is
over that window.

On the machine with LO 6.1 if I have 2 documents open, the document
without focus will not scroll with the middle mouse button until I click
into the window to gain focus.

This is a pain when I am editing a document and wanting to follow
through another document for checking purposes.
Steve

Ianseeks-2 Ianseeks-2

Re: Mouse action

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 18:55:36 GMT Steve Edmonds wrote:

> Hi.
> Is there a setting in Libreoffice to enable/disable response to the
> mouse in a window without focus.
>
> I have one PC with LO 6.05 and one with LO 6.1. Both Linux.
> On both machines all other applications will scroll with the middle
> mouse button when the mouse is over a window without focus.
>
> On the machine with LO 6.05 if I have 2 documents open, the document
> without focus will scroll with the middle mouse button when the mouse is
> over that window.
>
> On the machine with LO 6.1 if I have 2 documents open, the document
> without focus will not scroll with the middle mouse button until I click
> into the window to gain focus.
>
> This is a pain when I am editing a document and wanting to follow
> through another document for checking purposes.
> Steve

Are you using a KDE desktop?  If so, it might be the desktop setting where you can configure where the focus goes. (systemsettings5/Workspace/Window Management/Window Behaviour)

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20181122
Qt: 5.11.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.52.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.14.3 - kwin 5.14.3

On 28/11/2018 22:26, Ianseeks wrote:

> On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 18:55:36 GMT Steve Edmonds wrote:
>> Hi.
>> Is there a setting in Libreoffice to enable/disable response to the
>> mouse in a window without focus.
>>
>> I have one PC with LO 6.05 and one with LO 6.1. Both Linux.
>> On both machines all other applications will scroll with the middle
>> mouse button when the mouse is over a window without focus.
>>
>> On the machine with LO 6.05 if I have 2 documents open, the document
>> without focus will scroll with the middle mouse button when the mouse is
>> over that window.
>>
>> On the machine with LO 6.1 if I have 2 documents open, the document
>> without focus will not scroll with the middle mouse button until I click
>> into the window to gain focus.
>>
>> This is a pain when I am editing a document and wanting to follow
>> through another document for checking purposes.
>> Steve
>>

> Are you using a KDE desktop?  If so, it might be the desktop setting where you can configure where the focus goes. (systemsettings5/Workspace/Window Management/Window Behaviour)

The settings here seem the same. As I mentioned other apps are
performing as expected, as far as I can tell it is only LO that has
changed between 6.05 and 6.1. I will file a bug on
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/.
steve