Multilingualism and discussions

Next » 12
Jean-Christophe Helary Jean-Christophe Helary

Multilingualism and discussions

I would like to propose that unlike what existed under Sun and Oracle, the linguistic communities _including_ the English speaking community, are all identified by a specific language marker and that all the lists that do not use that language marker are explicitly multilingual.

The status quo under Sun and Oracle came from the fact that both Sun and Oracle were American based and mostly English speaking structures but we have no reason to reproduce that in the TDF.

That basically means that:

All the English speaking lists are @en.libreoffice.org

And that all the lists @libreoffice.org are multilingual.

This is the only way to ensure that no linguistic community has more power in the decision process than any other which is a basic requirement for all democratic process.

There are enough multilingual people in the respective communities to ensure that the communication gap is bridged in all those lists.

Jean-Christophe Helary

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Multilingualism and discussions

Hi,

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote on 2010-10-19 02.22:

> I would like to propose that unlike what existed under Sun and Oracle, the linguistic communities _including_ the English speaking community, are all identified by a specific language marker and that all the lists that do not use that language marker are explicitly multilingual.

I would not suggest doing so. This simply leads to chaos. As you might
have seen, we're currently setting up more local(ized) mailing lists,
which will also help in reducing the traffic on this main discussion list.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

On 19 oct. 10, at 18:15, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote on 2010-10-19 02.22:
>
>> I would like to propose that unlike what existed under Sun and Oracle, the linguistic communities _including_ the English speaking community, are all identified by a specific language marker and that all the lists that do not use that language marker are explicitly multilingual.
>
> I would not suggest doing so. This simply leads to chaos.

Certainly not. The reason why is that most people would still use English as the communication language.

In any case, the current "global" lists are not global, they are English lists and should be identified as such.

There is no need for a "global" user list and the "global" discussion list should not be a mere "discussion" list but a "policy" list where only items of global interest regarding TDF or LO are discussed.

> As you might have seen, we're currently setting up more local(ized) mailing lists, which will also help in reducing the traffic on this main discussion list.

Ok, then create a few @en.libreoffice.org lists too to ensure that all the low interest English traffic is redirected there please.

Jean-Christophe Helary

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Multilingualism and discussions

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote (19-10-10 11:25)

> On 19 oct. 10, at 18:15, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>> Jean-Christophe Helary wrote on 2010-10-19 02.22:
>>
>>> I would like to propose that unlike what existed under Sun and
>>> Oracle, the linguistic communities _including_ the English
>>> speaking community, are all identified by a specific language
>>> marker and that all the lists that do not use that language
>>> marker are explicitly multilingual.
>>
>> I would not suggest doing so. This simply leads to chaos.
>
> Certainly not. The reason why is that most people would still use
> English as the communication language.
>
> In any case, the current "global" lists are not global, they are
> English lists and should be identified as such.

They are handling global items, as I see it.
I do not mind if some people post there in a language that I do not
understand (and there are many) but then I cannot join nor help.
That is not what you intend I think?

> There is no need for a "global" user list

Joining the global users lists, gives the largest public, so more
knowledge / international exchange. I find that useful in some cases.

> and the "global" discussion
> list should not be a mere "discussion" list but a "policy" list where
> only items of global interest regarding TDF or LO are discussed.
>
>> As you might have seen, we're currently setting up more local(ized)
>> mailing lists, which will also help in reducing the traffic on this
>> main discussion list.
>
> Ok, then create a few @en.libreoffice.org lists too to ensure that
> all the low interest English traffic is redirected there please.

If you mean that people interested in English localisation should have
own lists, then I am not sure if that will work, since all the global
work is is done in English already.

What indeed is needed, is a way to make it work that people doing
activities as marketing in areas where English is the language, have
their lists. As far as I have seen (many unread messages) that is
discussed also in another thread.

Regards,
Cor

  - ideas/remarks for the community council? See
    http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council

On 19 oct. 10, at 19:35, Cor Nouws wrote:

>> In any case, the current "global" lists are not global, they are
>> English lists and should be identified as such.
>
> They are handling global items, as I see it.
> I do not mind if some people post there in a language that I do not understand (and there are many) but then I cannot join nor help.

Some others would.

What I suggest is that lists where the language is English are identified by a @en.libreoffice.org.

Call them global or whatever you want, but identify them with a @en.libreoffice.org.

>> There is no need for a "global" user list
>
> Joining the global users lists, gives the largest public, so more knowledge / international exchange. I find that useful in some cases.

That works only for people who understand English. So it is not global by definition.

Jean-Christophe Helary

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Multilingualism and discussions

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote (19-10-10 14:10)
> On 19 oct. 10, at 19:35, Cor Nouws wrote:

>>> In any case, the current "global" lists are not global, they are
>>> English lists and should be identified as such.
>>
>> They are handling global items, as I see it. I do not mind if some
>> people post there in a language that I do not understand (and there
>> are many) but then I cannot join nor help.
>
> Some others would.
>
>> That is not what you intend I think?
>
> What I suggest is that lists where the language is English are
> identified by a @en.libreoffice.org.
>
> Call them global or whatever you want, but identify them with a
> @en.libreoffice.org.
>
>>> There is no need for a "global" user list
>>
>> Joining the global users lists, gives the largest public, so more
>> knowledge / international exchange. I find that useful in some
>> cases.
>
> That works only for people who understand English. So it is not
> global by definition.

That is true, so a [hidden email] would show that
difference.

Mind that common is (was?) that there is for example
   an users@<language>.documentfoundation.org
as well as
   a marketing or a dev@<language>.documentfoundation.org.
The place where people in a certain language area work together.

For English that obviously does not work, and for Spanish and maybe more
languages too.
Therefore, we already see a list for a local/regional group in the US
(iirc).

So this discussion more or less fits in that space?

On 19 oct. 10, at 23:13, Cor Nouws wrote:

>>> Joining the global users lists, gives the largest public, so more
>>> knowledge / international exchange. I find that useful in some
>>> cases.
>>
>> That works only for people who understand English. So it is not
>> global by definition.
>
> That is true, so a [hidden email] would show that difference.

Definitely. And [hidden email] too.

> Mind that common is (was?) that there is for example
>  an users@<language>.documentfoundation.org
> as well as
>  a marketing or a dev@<language>.documentfoundation.org.
> The place where people in a certain language area work together.
>
> For English that obviously does not work, and for Spanish and maybe more languages too.
> Therefore, we already see a list for a local/regional group in the US (iirc).

Indeed. But that is beside the point I am making.

_ALL_ lists should be identified by the language they use.

Unless the lists are clearly and exclusively about global policy issues, in which case they should _theorically_ be multilingual (ie not explicitly refuse contributions because some list members do not understand the language of the post).

Jean-Christophe Helary

drewjensen drewjensen

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 18:25 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> On 19 oct. 10, at 18:15, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Jean-Christophe Helary wrote on 2010-10-19 02.22:
>  the "global" discussion list should not be a mere "discussion" list but a "policy" list where only items of global interest regarding TDF or LO are discussed.

Not sure I totally agree that it should be the discuss list - but I do
agree that it is a problem - even now with only two language discuss
lists one needs to go between both to understand what is actually being
discussed and worked on. I would not even insist this list of record if
you will has to be in English - although it probably would be.

The CMS discussion is an example - that should be happening in one place
so people have a chance to keep up.

Actually this may not be a language issue at all, and for this narrow
subject - a list of record - it may simply be that after settling on
what a voting membership looks like, then this is simply a list with
moderated functions - the world may see what goes on, but only voting
members discuss and it is the only place to discuss issues that span all
the different groups in the foundation, linguistic or geographic or
special interest based.

In fact it is most likely to determine who will be in the voting
membership from the current active people and use a list now, without
the background noise to make the decisions we need to address now.

Drew

Document Foundation Mail Archives
marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-18 20:22, Jean-Christophe Helary a écrit :

> I would like to propose that unlike what existed under Sun and Oracle, the linguistic communities _including_ the English speaking community, are all identified by a specific language marker and that all the lists that do not use that language marker are explicitly multilingual.
>
> The status quo under Sun and Oracle came from the fact that both Sun and Oracle were American based and mostly English speaking structures but we have no reason to reproduce that in the TDF.
>

> That basically means that:
>
> All the English speaking lists are @en.libreoffice.org
>
> And that all the lists @libreoffice.org are multilingual.
>
> This is the only way to ensure that no linguistic community has more power in the decision process than any other which is a basic requirement for all democratic process.
>
> There are enough multilingual people in the respective communities to ensure that the communication gap is bridged in all those lists.

I was under the impression that we were all in agreement, that the
"lingua franca" of the mailists is English and that localized mailists
were to encourage users to contribute in their own language.

Therefore, we should then make sure that information/issues from the
localized mailists is passed on to the main English mailist through
either the mailist moderator or some ambassador/spokesperson to the
localized mailists to assure the flow of information to the SC or
appropriate decision making group.

Maybe we should work on improving the process of the reporting of
localized groups' concerns to the main English mailists.

Having a multi-lingual approach to the mailist, IMHO, would not be an
effective way of running the LibO project. Having to translate and
interpret cultural idiosyncrasies would be far more difficult and
confusing than having to deal solely with English as the default
language of communication between groups.

I can well imagine that, if you consider the various cultural/language
backgrounds of SC members, we could also ask that SC members at least
try to frequent mailists that are compatible with their mother-tongue or
language comprehension. For example, if an member of the SC is from
German background, then this SC member could easily frequent the German
localized groups and participate in their discussions as well as help to
report back to the main English mailists of any concerns from the German
groups.

Therefore, the localized groups would have the following to help with
the flow of any concerns to the main English mailist:

1. An ambassador/spokesperson would make sure that the flow of
information/concerns of localized groups would be taken up in the main
English mailists. These ambassadors could also report back, perhaps on a
monthly basis, or the topics of conversations that were taken up in
their localized groups during the month.

2 SC members lurking/participating in their native localized group
mailist could also take part in reporting back to the main English
mailists of any information/concerns of their respective localized group.

The main responsibility would however be shouldered by the
ambassadors/spokespersons of the localized groups. These people would be
the backbone of the reporting process of the localized groups.

Marc

On 20 oct. 10, at 00:05, Marc Paré wrote:

> I was under the impression that we were all in agreement, that the "lingua franca" of the mailists is English and that localized mailists were to encourage users to contribute in their own language.

I think that is a mistaken view of the issues at hand.

There should be English specific lists so that English speakers can contribute in English to whatever issue they have.

We need to have strict formal equality between linguistic communities for the TDF/LibO to be really based on a democratic process.

Then, there should be global lists where global discussions take place. Such lists would obviously gather a less important number of involved people and could be a place where multilingual information is exchanged. Sanitizing everything through English when most contributors are not English natives is not a realistic approach.

> Therefore, we should then make sure that information/issues from the localized mailists is passed on to the main English mailist through either the mailist moderator or some ambassador/spokesperson to the localized mailists to assure the flow of information to the SC or appropriate decision making group.

This is totally unrealistic and reduces the contribution of non English speakers to the filter of their spokeperson when no filtering takes place for English speakers.

> Maybe we should work on improving the process of the reporting of localized groups' concerns to the main English mailists.

No. The problem is to ensure that there is a good signal/noise ratio on supposedly global lists and whatever S/N ratio on language specific lists.

We do not have to reproduce the English based corporate structure of Sun/Oracle in TDF. This is a thing of the past.

Jean-Christophe Helary

jonathon-2 jonathon-2

On 10/19/2010 09:25 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> There is no need for a "global" user list and the "global" discussion list should not be a mere "discussion" list but a "policy" list

Global lists should be multi-lingual. Use it for support or discussion,
or marketing for languages or regions that don't yet have a dedicated
list. Also use them for global issues.

If somebody wants to post support questions in toki pona, or Enochian or
Klingon on the general global support list, let them do so.
If a group of Nama or Herero want to discuss the feasibility of an l10n
team, use the global discuss list, with their communication in that
language. If they decide it is feasable, then create the appropriate
lists for them.

#####

There is a certain irony in having a multilingual product name, but a
requirement that the global list be monolingual.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-19 11:17, Jean-Christophe Helary a écrit :

> On 20 oct. 10, at 00:05, Marc Paré wrote:
>
>> I was under the impression that we were all in agreement, that the "lingua franca" of the mailists is English and that localized mailists were to encourage users to contribute in their own language.
>
> I think that is a mistaken view of the issues at hand.
>
> There should be English specific lists so that English speakers can contribute in English to whatever issue they have.
>
> We need to have strict formal equality between linguistic communities for the TDF/LibO to be really based on a democratic process.
>
> Then, there should be global lists where global discussions take place. Such lists would obviously gather a less important number of involved people and could be a place where multilingual information is exchanged. Sanitizing everything through English when most contributors are not English natives is not a realistic approach.
>
>> Therefore, we should then make sure that information/issues from the localized mailists is passed on to the main English mailist through either the mailist moderator or some ambassador/spokesperson to the localized mailists to assure the flow of information to the SC or appropriate decision making group.
>
> This is totally unrealistic and reduces the contribution of non English speakers to the filter of their spokeperson when no filtering takes place for English speakers.
>
>> Maybe we should work on improving the process of the reporting of localized groups' concerns to the main English mailists.
>
> No. The problem is to ensure that there is a good signal/noise ratio on supposedly global lists and whatever S/N ratio on language specific lists.
>
> We do not have to reproduce the English based corporate structure of Sun/Oracle in TDF. This is a thing of the past.
>

> Jean-Christophe Helary
> fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
> work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en>  fr)
> tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune

Hmmm... then, the fact remains that a multilingual mailist model will
always be difficult to accomplish. The amount of energy spent on
translating from one language to another would certainly affect the
overall effectiveness of the group. Satisfying everyone will be difficult.

Using one's common sense, using a language that is common to all groups
should be the defining factor here. The english language fits all of the
requirements of a unifying, common language. You only need to look at
larger international groups where if they meet the common communication
language is English -- UN and its affiliates etc. Yes they do provide
translation but the language by default for all their organisation is
the English language (lingua franca).

Trying to satisfy every language possible on earth in discussion groups,
IMHO is unrealistic. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation, is,
that for any large international group, the participating members need
to find a working language to make their organisation work at its best.
At this point in time, it is English. Maybe in the future is will be
Cantonese. It is all a matter of convenience.

BTW ... my mother tongue is French (Canadian)

Marc

On 20 oct. 10, at 04:02, Marc Paré wrote:

> Hmmm... then, the fact remains that a multilingual mailist model will always be difficult to accomplish. The amount of energy spent on translating from one language to another would certainly affect the overall effectiveness of the group. Satisfying everyone will be difficult.

Ce genre de liste existe. Mais ce n'est absolument pas le propos.

Le propos c'est d'identifier les listes qui demandent l'anglais comme langue de travail comme telles.
Et de laisser la porte ouverte aux autres langues pour les listes qui ne sont pas identifiées linguistiquement.

Je ne vois pas ce qui est difficile à mettre en place.

Jean-Christophe Helary

drewjensen drewjensen

Re: Multilingualism and discussions

On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 09:37 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

Howdy Jean-Christophe,

> On 20 oct. 10, at 04:02, Marc Paré wrote:
>
> > Hmmm... then, the fact remains that a multilingual mailist model will always be difficult to accomplish. The amount of energy spent on translating from one language to another would certainly affect the overall effectiveness of the group. Satisfying everyone will be difficult.
>
> Ce genre de liste existe. Mais ce n'est absolument pas le propos.

You mean this list then? Perhaps, because actually it does not have a
language designator.

> Le propos c'est d'identifier les listes qui demandent l'anglais comme langue de travail comme telles.
> Et de laisser la porte ouverte aux autres langues pour les listes qui ne sont pas identifiées linguistiquement.

Ah - well from the stand point of accepting any post, sure - but in
reality I doubt it would work too well if one spoke in Francais, one in
Chinese and another in Polish - but it would be interesting..

I have heard some stories form folks trying that in groups distributed
between so many places, as ours is. If I recall correctly those
experiences where not a great success.

> Je ne vois pas ce qui est difficile à mettre en place.

Adios,

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-19 20:53, Drew Jensen a écrit :

> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 09:37 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
> Howdy Jean-Christophe,
>
>> On 20 oct. 10, at 04:02, Marc Paré wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm... then, the fact remains that a multilingual mailist model will always be difficult to accomplish. The amount of energy spent on translating from one language to another would certainly affect the overall effectiveness of the group. Satisfying everyone will be difficult.
>>
>> Ce genre de liste existe. Mais ce n'est absolument pas le propos.
>
> You mean this list then? Perhaps, because actually it does not have a
> language designator.
>

>> Le propos c'est d'identifier les listes qui demandent l'anglais comme langue de travail comme telles.
>> Et de laisser la porte ouverte aux autres langues pour les listes qui ne sont pas identifiées linguistiquement.
>
> Ah - well from the stand point of accepting any post, sure - but in
> reality I doubt it would work too well if one spoke in Francais, one in
> Chinese and another in Polish - but it would be interesting..
>
> I have heard some stories form folks trying that in groups distributed
> between so many places, as ours is. If I recall correctly those
> experiences where not a great success.
>

>> Je ne vois pas ce qui est difficile à mettre en place.
>
> Adios,
>
> Drew

Es por eso que yo digo que no pieso que podria hacerlo sin muchos
problemas. No pienos que los otros los gustaran trabajar como eso.

Gracias.

Marc Paré

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-19 20:58, Marc Paré a écrit :

> Le 2010-10-19 20:53, Drew Jensen a écrit :
>> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 09:37 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>>
>> Howdy Jean-Christophe,

>>> Ce genre de liste existe. Mais ce n'est absolument pas le propos.
>>
>> You mean this list then? Perhaps, because actually it does not have a
>> language designator.
>>

>>> Le propos c'est d'identifier les listes qui demandent l'anglais comme
>>> langue de travail comme telles.
>>> Et de laisser la porte ouverte aux autres langues pour les listes qui
>>> ne sont pas identifiées linguistiquement.
>>
>> Ah - well from the stand point of accepting any post, sure - but in
>> reality I doubt it would work too well if one spoke in Francais, one in
>> Chinese and another in Polish - but it would be interesting..
>>
>> I have heard some stories form folks trying that in groups distributed
>> between so many places, as ours is. If I recall correctly those
>> experiences where not a great success.
>>

>>> Je ne vois pas ce qui est difficile à mettre en place.
>>
>> Adios,
>>
>> Drew
>>

> Es por eso que yo digo que no pieso que podria hacerlo sin muchos
> problemas. No pienos que los otros los gustaran trabajar como eso.
>
> Gracias.
>
> Marc Paré

So obviously, to make the point, and disregarding all of my spelling
errors in Spanish, I really don't think that such a mailist would prove
a good working environment. It would really turn the mailist into an
exercise in evaluating each other's prowess in language translation. It
would not be a focussed approach to problem solving; community building
or distro building.

I would suggest trying to build and maintain a robust reporting model
from the localised groups to the respective mailists. Adding the
complexity of language translation (as well as cultural idiosyncrasies)
in the mix IMHO would not be productive.

Marc

mgagnonlv mgagnonlv

Le 2010-10-19 21:10, Marc Paré a écrit :

> I would suggest trying to build and maintain a robust reporting model
> from the localised groups to the respective mailists. Adding the
> complexity of language translation (as well as cultural idiosyncrasies)
> in the mix IMHO would not be productive.

As much as I would love to see a universal list in all languages, I
agree with you that common lists using English as the lingua franca are
probably what works best. Obviously, we should accept without any
complaint that some people whose English is not to par might post in
other languages, but the aim should not to have 200 translations of each
and every message.

In an ideal world, international lists would be in Esperanto, but I
doubt many list members would understand anything.

Actually, I think the pitfall to avoid is that problems specific to the
English version or with English-language marketing should be posted to
their respective regional or linguistic lists and not on the worldwide
lists. U.S. and U.K. are two regions, just like France and Spain.

--
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada) -- http://mgagnon.net

mgagnonlv mgagnonlv

Le 2010-10-19 11:21, jonathon a écrit :

> On 10/19/2010 09:25 AM, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
>
>> There is no need for a "global" user list and the "global" discussion list should not be a mere "discussion" list but a "policy" list
>

> Global lists should be multi-lingual. Use it for support or discussion,
> or marketing for languages or regions that don't yet have a dedicated
> list. Also use them for global issues.
>
> If somebody wants to post support questions in toki pona, or Enochian or
> Klingon on the general global support list, let them do so.
>
> #####
>
> There is a certain irony in having a multilingual product name, but a
> requirement that the global list be monolingual.
>
> jonathon

True. But at the same time, people who write questions in Arhamaic
should not expect to receive too many answers. Besides, with a list that
is set in ISO-8859-1 rather than in UTF-8, there is a limit to the
number of languages that may be displayed reliably.

--
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada) -- http://mgagnon.net

Manfred Usselmann Manfred Usselmann

Re: Multilingualism and discussions

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:58:07 -0400
Marc Paré <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 2010-10-19 20:53, Drew Jensen a écrit :
> > On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 09:37 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
> >
> > Howdy Jean-Christophe,

> >> Ce genre de liste existe. Mais ce n'est absolument pas le propos.
> >
> > You mean this list then? Perhaps, because actually it does not have
> > a language designator.
> >

> >> Le propos c'est d'identifier les listes qui demandent l'anglais
> >> comme langue de travail comme telles. Et de laisser la porte
> >> ouverte aux autres langues pour les listes qui ne sont pas
> >> identifiées linguistiquement.
> >
> > Ah - well from the stand point of accepting any post, sure - but in
> > reality I doubt it would work too well if one spoke in Francais,
> > one in Chinese and another in Polish - but it would be interesting..
> >
> > I have heard some stories form folks trying that in groups
> > distributed between so many places, as ours is. If I recall
> > correctly those experiences where not a great success.
> >

> >> Je ne vois pas ce qui est difficile à mettre en place.
> >
> Es por eso que yo digo que no pieso que podria hacerlo sin muchos
> problemas. No pienos que los otros los gustaran trabajar como eso.

Keine Ahnung, was das heisst? Ich denke, die Mischung verschiedener
Sprachen in einem Diskussionsstrang macht überhaupt keinen Sinn und
führt letztendlich nur zu Verwirrung und Chaos.

Englisch sollte die Hauptsprache auf der Liste bleiben, weil es einfach
am praktikabelsten ist. Anderssprachige Beiträge, falls ausnahmsweise
notwendig, sollten übersetzt und die Diskussion auf der entsprechenden
Sprachliste fortgesetzt werden. Gibt es die nicht, sollte sie entweder
angelegt werden, wenn häufiger Beiträge in der Sprache zu erwarten sind,
oder ausnahmsweise der ganze Diskussionsfaden in der Sprache gehalten
werden und die Sprache im Betreff genannt werden, so dass man weiss,
dass man den Thread komplett überlesen kann, wenn man diese Sprache
nicht beherscht.

Beste Grüße,
Manfred

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-10-20 03:55, Manfred Usselmann a écrit :

> Keine Ahnung, was das heisst? Ich denke, die Mischung verschiedener
> Sprachen in einem Diskussionsstrang macht überhaupt keinen Sinn und
> führt letztendlich nur zu Verwirrung und Chaos.
>
> Englisch sollte die Hauptsprache auf der Liste bleiben, weil es einfach
> am praktikabelsten ist. Anderssprachige Beiträge, falls ausnahmsweise
> notwendig, sollten übersetzt und die Diskussion auf der entsprechenden
> Sprachliste fortgesetzt werden. Gibt es die nicht, sollte sie entweder
> angelegt werden, wenn häufiger Beiträge in der Sprache zu erwarten sind,
> oder ausnahmsweise der ganze Diskussionsfaden in der Sprache gehalten
> werden und die Sprache im Betreff genannt werden, so dass man weiss,
> dass man den Thread komplett überlesen kann, wenn man diese Sprache
> nicht beherscht.
>
> Beste Grüße,
> Manfred

Thanks Manfred. I agree with this.