Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

sovdia sovdia

Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

I have a spreadsheet consisting of 4 sheets with totally different data on each sheet.

When I enter data on sheet 1 it is automatically copied into sheet 2 and 3.

Sheet 4 remains unchanged.

How can I limit the change only to sheet 1?
Onyeibo Oku-2 Onyeibo Oku-2

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

Remove the formula on the cells on sheets 2 and 3

from [hidden email] :)

"Ing. Jiří Hladůvka" "Ing. Jiří Hladůvka"

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

You have probably sheets 1,2,3 selected.
Right-click on the sheet bookmark (left down corner of the sheet)
an choose "Deselect All Sheets"

(to select some multiple sheets hold down CTRL and left click the sheets
bookmarks).

May it helps :)
Regards,
Jiri

Dne 21.8.2011 8:53, sovdia napsal(a):

> I have a spreadsheet consisting of 4 sheets with totally different data on
> each sheet.
>
> When I enter data on sheet 1 it is automatically copied into sheet 2 and 3.
>
> Sheet 4 remains unchanged.
>
> How can I limit the change only to sheet 1?

Tom Tom

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

If you don't need Sheets2 & 3 you can delete the entire sheets.  Err, actually
you could delete them even if you do need them so it might be good tio find out
why they are there.

________________________________
Remove the formula on the cells on sheets 2 and 3

from [hidden email] :)

Tom Tom

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

Joking aside, this is the one most likely to have generated a question to the
list.  The sheet you are working on should have a different coloured tab,
compared to the other sheets, to show that it is the 1 selected.

You can also select multiple sheets with a shift-click.  It behaves slightly
differently from the Ctrl-Click.  There are probably other ways too.  On one of
my keyboards the Ctrl key (& Esc key) sticks down sometimes so it causes odd
errors in a lot of places.  I don't know how paper-clips get under the keys and
clog things up in an office that doesn't use paper-clips and some of the other
gunge is unidentifiable.

________________________________
You have probably sheets 1,2,3 selected.
Right-click on the sheet bookmark (left down corner of the sheet)
an choose "Deselect All Sheets"

(to select some multiple sheets hold down CTRL and left click the sheets
bookmarks).

May it helps :)
Regards,
Jiri

Dne 21.8.2011 8:53, sovdia napsal(a):

> I have a spreadsheet consisting of 4 sheets with totally different data on
> each sheet.
>
> When I enter data on sheet 1 it is automatically copied into sheet 2 and 3.
>
> Sheet 4 remains unchanged.
>
> How can I limit the change only to sheet 1?

>http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Mutiple-sheet-entries-unwanted-tp3272310p3272310.html

sovdia sovdia

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

Thanks.

The error was mine; on the Mac I was tabbing through the sheets using shift+command +page down. This actually combines the sheets. The correct way to tab through sheets is command+page down or command+page up.

Regards
David McMillan
SelectSpecs.com
eskroni eskroni

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 23:53:27 -0700 (PDT)
sovdia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet consisting of 4 sheets with totally different data on
> each sheet.
>
> When I enter data on sheet 1 it is automatically copied into sheet 2 and 3.
>
> Sheet 4 remains unchanged.
>
> How can I limit the change only to sheet 1?

when you look at the bottom left border of your spreadsheet, where
you can read "spreadsheet 1", "spreadsheet 2" and so on, how do those
tabs look? Are the first 3 "white" while the fourth one is "grey"? If
yes, just do a left click on one of the tabs and the grouping of
those sheets should be cancelled.

HTH

Sigrid

Tom Tom

Re: Mutiple sheet entries, unwanted

This post was updated on .
Congrats and nicely found!  It's interesting to hear about problems on the Mac because it gives us more insight into the differences.  If you look at the page just after the Table of Contents in the documentation guides then you will see a table showing some of the differences
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

Anyone willing to join the Documentation Team that has any Mac experience would be very welcome, anyone else too Lol :)