Navigation buttons in Writer Search bar

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

Navigation buttons in Writer Search bar

Hi,

I'm trying to add the Navigation buttons that were below the scrollbar in Writer to the Search bar, as discussed on UX-Advise.

Now I have the "Next" and "Previous" buttons working, but have two questions:

- How can I display an Image instead of text in the toolbar?
- I have a new Uno Command for showing the Navigation window (uno:NavigationPopup) and I catch it in sw/source/ui/uiview/view2.cxx. Now I need to implement something like [1] (new  SwScrollNaviPopup ...). Where should I implement this? It doesn't seem right to me to do it directly in view2.cxx.

Thanks
Samuel

[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/diff/sw/source/ui/ribbar/workctrl.cxx?id=3e8fe4d8e19be2ccd8f5bb898530e2f615a90321
Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

Re: Navigation buttons in Writer Search bar

Sorry, I forgot to attach the patch.
Here's what I've done so far.

navigation.patch (7K) Download Attachment
Rodolfo R Gomes Rodolfo R Gomes

Re: Navigation buttons in Writer Search bar

If the button fires an UNO command, you should
A) create an icon in an icon theme pack/folder. It should be named lc_unocommandname.png for large icons and sc_unocommandname.png for small ones.
B) or, if you want to reuse an existant icon, you can make a link to it: add its name to a text file called links.txt in theme directory. Example line:
cmd/lc_newunocommandname.png cmd/lc_existanticon.png

Sorry if I was not clear. Answering by mobile.

Regards,
Rodolfo.

Em 05/12/2013 06:30, "Samuel Mehrbrodt" <[hidden email]> escreveu:
[...]

Hi Rodolfo,

thanks, that worked (using links). I should have read the README in
icon-themes...

Now I've got another problem: I need to change the text of the uno
command during run-time. The Next/Previous buttons need to display "Next
Page", "Next Heading", etc. depending on which navigation element was
chosen.

Can you (or someone else) help me there?

Samuel

Am 05.12.2013 21:15, schrieb Rodolfo:

> If the button fires an UNO command, you should
> A) create an icon in an icon theme pack/folder. It should be named
> lc_unocommandname.png for large icons and sc_unocommandname.png for
> small ones.
> B) or, if you want to reuse an existant icon, you can make a link to
> it: add its name to a text file called links.txt in theme directory.
> Example line:
> cmd/lc_newunocommandname.png cmd/lc_existanticon.png
>
> Sorry if I was not clear. Answering by mobile.
>
> Regards,
> Rodolfo.

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

Re: Navigation buttons in Writer Search bar

I figured it out myself...