Need for starmath expert

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
abdulaziz abdulaziz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Need for starmath expert

Hi all ;

we have an idea for RTL (arabic) support in Math and we want someone who  expert in starmath to answering   the following questions :

1- is it possible to add an arabic mathematical unicode (nowadays , there is no full mathematical  unicode for arabic )to the module /starmath ?

2-is it possible to rearrange the formula from Right to Left in both edit and formula windows?

3- what is the good way to add this feature to /starmath module , as an extiontion or as optsion in menu ?


Thanks in advance ...
Marcos Souza-2 Marcos Souza-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

Hi abdulaziz,

Em 11/11/2013 07:11 AM, abdulaziz escreveu:
> Hi all ;
>
> we have an idea for RTL (arabic) support in Math and we want someone who
> expert in starmath to answering   the following questions :
I'm not the expert, but maybe I know somethings that can help you :)

>
> 1- is it possible to add an arabic mathematical unicode (*nowadays , there
> is no full mathematical  unicode for arabic* )to the module /starmath ?
If I understood it correctly, it seems to be our OLD problem of adding
new symbols to Math. Currently we're using the OpenSymbol to draw the
Math symbols, and OpenSymbol don't have all Math symbols. Maybe we need
to exchange OpenSymbol (and do a LOT of tests on it, because OpenSymbol
is used in bullets too) to STIX fonts... just an idea. This topic is
very old, and we talked about this maybe 4 months ago, or more...

>
> 2-is it possible to rearrange the formula from Right to Left in both edit
> and formula windows?
I believe yes. There are some parts of Math edit that we disables the
RTL support. Maybe we can add RTL support by changing all pieces of Math
that read/write data to edits... Math is a very small module so maybe
this is not a difficult task.

>
> 3- what is the good way to add this feature to /starmath module , as an
> extiontion or as optsion in menu ?
As I said above, maybe we can put this as an option.

It's nice to see that others guys are thinking about to improve Math :)

If I could help in this task, please let me know!

Sorry for the late reply...

>
>
> *Thanks in advance ...*
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Need-for-starmath-expert-tp4082485.html
> Sent from the Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
>


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (567 bytes) Download Attachment
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

In reply to this post by abdulaziz
On Mon, 2013-11-11 at 01:11 -0800, abdulaziz wrote:
> Hi all ;
>
> we have an idea for RTL (arabic) support in Math and we want someone who
> expert in starmath to answering   the following questions :
>
> 1- is it possible to add an arabic mathematical unicode (*nowadays , there
> is no full mathematical  unicode for arabic* )to the module /starmath ?

For adding symbols to OpenSymbol, there's a README as
extras/source/truetype/symbol/README on that.

C.

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
abdulaziz abdulaziz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

In reply to this post by Marcos Souza-2
so many thanks Marcos ,

you really help me ...

I'll let you know if I need help

again , Thank you...
abdulaziz abdulaziz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

In reply to this post by Caolán McNamara
Thanks Caolan,
Marcos Souza-2 Marcos Souza-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

In reply to this post by abdulaziz
Hi abdulaziz,

Em 11/14/2013 01:41 PM, abdulaziz escreveu:
> so many thanks Marcos ,
You're welcome :)

>
> you really help me ...
>
> I'll let you know if I need help
>
> again , Thank you...
I would love to help you guys to port Math to RTL :)

>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Need-for-starmath-expert-tp4082485p4083140.html
> Sent from the Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
>


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

signature.asc (567 bytes) Download Attachment
abdulaziz abdulaziz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Need for starmath expert

Hi Marcos ;

of course my friend , you'll be in touch when we decide to start developing ...