New Color Picker

Medieval Medieval

New Color Picker

Hello!

I saw a new color picker in
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.4 → New Color Selector.
I think we need to improve it before it goes live. Does somebody have
Krisztian Pinter e-mail or is somebody willing (able) to change it
themselves?

For first we need to give more consistent look for it:
1. same size tiles for recent and palette colors;
2. changing white background to dialog background color;
3. using icon for "color picker" etc.

But overall it is great that somebody changed it.

Our old proposals:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Color_Picker

Best regards,
Hillar aka Medieval
(I have not been very active lately, is design mailing list still alive?)

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3

Re: New Color Picker

> For first we need to give more consistent look for it:
> 1. same size tiles for recent and palette colors;
> 2. changing white background to dialog background color;
> 3. using icon for "color picker" etc.

Why don’t you ping the development list instead?

Also, please check out the Design project in Redmine
(redmine.documentfoundation.org) if you haven’t already.

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: New Color Picker

Hillar,

Kristan has been active all summer with regular feedback from Devs and UX folks.  Do a search in Nabble for "Improved Color Selection"

I've linked this thread to the Redmine forums in Design.

Stuart
mirek2 mirek2

Re: New Color Picker

I agree there are some problems, at least judging from the screenshots. If
you could report some bug reports, that'd be awesome! :)
BTW, the tentative design is here:
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/586 .