New Ubuntu PPA for 5.2.4.2

CVAlkan CVAlkan

New Ubuntu PPA for 5.2.4.2

Hi:

This morning I got an automatic update of LibreOffice to:
Version: 5.2.4.2
Build ID: 1:5.2.4~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial2
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.4; UI Render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group

through a PPA (http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/libreoffice-5-0/ubuntu xenial main). I'm using Ubuntu 16.04. I was using 5.2.3.2 prior to the update and it (nor any previous version) did not have this behavior.

When loading any file in Writer or Calc (the only modules I use), the load progress bar at the bottom of the screen runs about 80-90% across, and then sits for quite a long while before the file finally completes loading. During the time the bar is sitting at 90%, it looks like there is another bar that begins progressing across the screen above the first one (that might be normal, but the bar was never there long enough to notice in earlier versions).

Before removing LibreOffice and installing an earlier version, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this behavior or has any suggestions as to what might be happening or why. I've tried the usual rebooting and such things, but no change.

Thanks ...