New header image for social media channels

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
Next » 12
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New header image for social media channels

Hello,

Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks like
this:

https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg

Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons for
the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:

https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png

So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a bit
of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
encourages people to get involved:

https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png

What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on native
language projects...

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Sophia Schröder-3 Sophia Schröder-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

Hi Mike, *,

I love it, honestly.

Am 13.08.2018 um 11:41 schrieb Mike Saunders:

> Hello,
>
> Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks like
> this:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg
>
> Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons for
> the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:
>
> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png
>
> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a bit
> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
> encourages people to get involved:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png
>
> What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on native
> language projects...
>
--
Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sophia Schröder
---
www.LibreOffice.org
German Language Team
Help Files Debugger
IRC: SophiaS


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
IMHO the 3D aspect gives the header more prominence. The other one is
too flat, maybe adding some gradient in the background.
El lun., 13 ago. 2018 a las 6:41, Mike Saunders
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

>
> Hello,
>
> Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks like
> this:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg
>
> Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons for
> the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:
>
> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png
>
> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a bit
> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
> encourages people to get involved:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png
>
> What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on native
> language projects...
>
> --
> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
> The Document Foundation
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
Hi all,

Mike Saunders wrote on 13-08-18 11:41:

> ..
> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a bit
> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
> encourages people to get involved:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png

Love it. I would like to breed a bit about "join our community". Could
there be some wording that expresses more the great opportunity,
enabling, to do what you want or need?

Some rough fist shots: "Do it", "Do LibreOffice", "Need to join", "Join
what you like/need", "Joining brings power/chances", ..

From the use of the header-image, we don't need "LibreOffice" in it?

Cheers,

--
Cor Nouws
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28  A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijnclouoffice.nl

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

Hello,

On 13/08/2018 12:51, Cor Nouws wrote:
>
> From the use of the header-image, we don't need "LibreOffice" in it?

I don't think so, as the pages in question (Twitter and Facebook)
already have "LibreOffice" prominently displayed on the left.

Meanwhile, here are some updated versions based on the feedback from
this list, and Andreas. Firstly with shorter text and a soft gradient
background:

https://i.imgur.com/hZ5VU3p.png

Then the same, but with a grey shadow under the text:

https://i.imgur.com/L8nYZCE.png

Personally I prefer the first... Any other opinions?

Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

On 13/08/2018 14:38, Mike Saunders wrote:

> Personally I prefer the first... Any other opinions?

I agree

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber [hidden email]
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

Italo Vignoli wrote on 13-08-18 15:27:
> On 13/08/2018 14:38, Mike Saunders wrote:
>
>> Personally I prefer the first... Any other opinions?
>
> I agree

Me too. But am not conviced that "Join us" will convince others, will
make them understand what is in it for them.


--
Cor Nouws
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28  A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijnclouoffice.nl

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

On 13/08/2018 15:38, Cor Nouws wrote:
>
> Me too. But am not conviced that "Join us" will convince others, will
> make them understand what is in it for them.

That's what we can use the individual tweets and posts for, to provide
specifics. Given the limited space in the banner, I think we shouldn't
try to do too much and make it cluttered. With the current wording, we
express:

1) What it is
2) Who makes it
3) That people CAN join in (saving the HOW for individual posts)

Here's another version with grey text, as suggested by Andreas. I think
it looks a bit better than the green text:

https://i.imgur.com/GxqY9h8.png

Cheers,
Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Sophia Schröder-3 Sophia Schröder-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

Hi all,

I still prefer the first idea from the first mail.

Just my 2 cents

Am 13.08.2018 um 16:04 schrieb Mike Saunders:

> On 13/08/2018 15:38, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> Me too. But am not conviced that "Join us" will convince others, will
>> make them understand what is in it for them.
> That's what we can use the individual tweets and posts for, to provide
> specifics. Given the limited space in the banner, I think we shouldn't
> try to do too much and make it cluttered. With the current wording, we
> express:
>
> 1) What it is
> 2) Who makes it
> 3) That people CAN join in (saving the HOW for individual posts)
>
> Here's another version with grey text, as suggested by Andreas. I think
> it looks a bit better than the green text:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/GxqY9h8.png
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>
--
Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sophia Schröder
---
www.LibreOffice.org
German Language Team
Help Files Debugger
IRC: SophiaS


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
Mike Saunders wrote on 13-08-18 16:04:

> On 13/08/2018 15:38, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>> Me too. But am not conviced that "Join us" will convince others, will
>> make them understand what is in it for them.
>
> That's what we can use the individual tweets and posts for, to provide
> specifics. Given the limited space in the banner, I think we shouldn't
> try to do too much and make it cluttered. With the current wording, we
> express:
>
> 1) What it is
> 2) Who makes it
> 3) That people CAN join in (saving the HOW for individual posts)

Sure - the image serves other posts et cetera.
Besided the HOW, don't forget the "WHY should I".
What about "For you to join" in stead of "Join us"?

> Here's another version with grey text, as suggested by Andreas. I think
> it looks a bit better than the green text:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/GxqY9h8.png

That's OK too.

--
Cor Nouws
GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28  A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
- vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
- Member Board The Document Foundation
- http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijnclouoffice.nl

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

Sorry for late to the party.

"Freedom is here. For humanity, by the community. Be a part of it".


"Freedom is here. For the world, by the community. Be a part of it".

"Experience the freedom. For the humanity, by the humanity. Be a part of it".

"Free Office Suite. Let us redefine the world together".



Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On August 14, 2018 2:38 AM, Cor Nouws <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike Saunders wrote on 13-08-18 16:04:
>
> > On 13/08/2018 15:38, Cor Nouws wrote:
> >
> > > Me too. But am not conviced that "Join us" will convince others, will
> > > make them understand what is in it for them.
> >
> > That's what we can use the individual tweets and posts for, to provide
> > specifics. Given the limited space in the banner, I think we shouldn't
> > try to do too much and make it cluttered. With the current wording, we
> > express:
> >
> > 1.  What it is
> > 2.  Who makes it
> > 3.  That people CAN join in (saving the HOW for individual posts)
>
> Sure - the image serves other posts et cetera.
> Besided the HOW, don't forget the "WHY should I".
> What about "For you to join" in stead of "Join us"?
>
> > Here's another version with grey text, as suggested by Andreas. I think
> > it looks a bit better than the green text:
> > https://i.imgur.com/GxqY9h8.png
>
> That's OK too.
>
> -----------------
>
> Cor Nouws
> GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28 A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
>
> -   vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
> -   volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
> -   Member Board The Document Foundation
> -   http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijnclouoffice.nl
>
>     --
>     To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>     Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>     Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>     List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>     Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Cor Nouws
Hi Cor,

On 13/08/2018 23:08, Cor Nouws wrote:
>>
>> 1) What it is
>> 2) Who makes it
>> 3) That people CAN join in (saving the HOW for individual posts)
>
> Sure - the image serves other posts et cetera.
> Besided the HOW, don't forget the "WHY should I".
> What about "For you to join" in stead of "Join us"?

But then "Free office suite, made by a community, for you to join"
doesn't express why either... It just says that you can do it. We could
try "Free office suite, made by a community – join us and help to
improve it" but then we go back to much longer text...

Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Sreekanth V K
Hi Sreekanth,

On 14/08/2018 07:03, Sreekanth V K wrote:
>
> "Freedom is here. For humanity, by the community. Be a part of it".

Ooh, I like "Be a part of it" -- that's really positive. I still think
we need to say what we are at the beginning, with no ambiguity, but
there's a design with "Be a part of it" included:

https://i.imgur.com/yNHLaHp.png

Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Enio Gemmo Enio Gemmo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
I agree


Il 13/08/2018 14:38, Mike Saunders ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> On 13/08/2018 12:51, Cor Nouws wrote:
>> From the use of the header-image, we don't need "LibreOffice" in it?
> I don't think so, as the pages in question (Twitter and Facebook)
> already have "LibreOffice" prominently displayed on the left.
>
> Meanwhile, here are some updated versions based on the feedback from
> this list, and Andreas. Firstly with shorter text and a soft gradient
> background:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/hZ5VU3p.png
>
> Then the same, but with a grey shadow under the text:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/L8nYZCE.png
>
> Personally I prefer the first... Any other opinions?
>
> Mike
>

--
Enio Gemmo - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5746390
TDF Member #339
Telegram @geenio
GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
>> we need to say what we are at the beginning, with no ambiguity, but
Yes. I agree.


My concern was that we could mention to whom it would be useful. LibreOffice is more than a  software and it is a philosophy like democracy to which I could relate it the most.
That is why I added, "For the Humanity/World" similar to "For the people By the people Of the People" used to represent democracy.


Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On August 14, 2018 1:22 PM, Mike Saunders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Sreekanth,
>
> On 14/08/2018 07:03, Sreekanth V K wrote:
>
> > "Freedom is here. For humanity, by the community. Be a part of it".
>
> Ooh, I like "Be a part of it" -- that's really positive. I still think
> we need to say what we are at the beginning, with no ambiguity, but
> there's a design with "Be a part of it" included:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/yNHLaHp.png
>
> Mike



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Simon Phipps Simon Phipps
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Mike Saunders
I like both of these. I would encourage others to consider that:

   - This is just the header image. It does not need to include a
   comprehensive message house
   - Earnest messages can appear ingenuous to newcomers. Simple wins.

Personally I would go with either of these as is for now and see how things
go.

S.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Mike Saunders <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks like
> this:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg
>
> Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons for
> the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:
>
> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-
> content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png
>
> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a bit
> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
> encourages people to get involved:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png
>
> What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on native
> language projects...
>
> --
> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
> The Document Foundation
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-
> unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>



--
*Simon Phipps*  http://webmink.com

*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
*Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

On 14/08/2018 15:56, Simon Phipps wrote:
>
> Simple wins.

Yep, agreed. I've tried to keep the message short:

https://www.facebook.com/libreoffice.org/

https://twitter.com/libreoffice

We can always update it further down the line, of course. Also, a
version of the image without text is here, in case anyone wants to
translate it for their local social media channels:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/b/b2/Social_media_banner_blank.png

The font I used was Vegur Bold, 32pt, hex colour: #696969

I'll post this to the localisation list as well...

Cheers,
Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Simon Phipps
Hello everyone,

Simple messages are indeed what actually works.

However in this instance I am not sure that reusing  the icons of the suite is going to send any message. We are only impoverishing our branding elements with icons that everybody has already seen and that may be subject to change at some later release. Also, perhaps even more simply: what message are we trying to send here? It may be simpler than the previous one but I am not sure I'm getting it...

Best,

Charles.

Le 14 août 2018 09:56:46 GMT-04:00, Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>I like both of these. I would encourage others to consider that:
>
>   - This is just the header image. It does not need to include a
>   comprehensive message house
>   - Earnest messages can appear ingenuous to newcomers. Simple wins.
>
>Personally I would go with either of these as is for now and see how
>things
>go.
>
>S.
>
>On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Mike Saunders <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks
>like
>> this:
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg
>>
>> Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons
>for
>> the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:
>>
>> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-
>> content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png
>>
>> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a
>bit
>> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
>> encourages people to get involved:
>>
>> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png
>>
>> What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on
>native
>> language projects...
>>
>> --
>> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
>> The Document Foundation
>>
>> --
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to:
>[hidden email]
>> Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-
>> unsubscribe/
>> Posting guidelines + more:
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>>
>
>
>
>--
>*Simon Phipps*  http://webmink.com
>
>*Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
>*Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
>
>--
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>Problems?
>https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>Posting guidelines + more:
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

--
Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec Courriel K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma brièveté.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Glen Murrant Glen Murrant
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

I agree with Charles.

The header image with the icons is clean and professional (nice work!)
but the image should convey the message - even without words. As for the
message itself, we seem to have overlooked the fact the LO6 is
compatible, flexible, and a viable alternative to other closed,
propriety  products.

Glen Murrant


On 8/14/2018 12:57 PM, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Simple messages are indeed what actually works.
>
> However in this instance I am not sure that reusing  the icons of the suite is going to send any message. We are only impoverishing our branding elements with icons that everybody has already seen and that may be subject to change at some later release. Also, perhaps even more simply: what message are we trying to send here? It may be simpler than the previous one but I am not sure I'm getting it...
>
> Best,
>
> Charles.
>
> Le 14 août 2018 09:56:46 GMT-04:00, Simon Phipps <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>> I like both of these. I would encourage others to consider that:
>>
>>    - This is just the header image. It does not need to include a
>>    comprehensive message house
>>    - Earnest messages can appear ingenuous to newcomers. Simple wins.
>>
>> Personally I would go with either of these as is for now and see how
>> things
>> go.
>>
>> S.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Mike Saunders <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Currently the header image for our Twitter and Facebook pages looks
>> like
>>> this:
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/TKEKv69.jpg
>>>
>>> Recently, Andreas Kainz from the design community updated the icons
>> for
>>> the various components of LibreOffice, as shown here:
>>>
>>> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-
>>> content/uploads/sites/2/2018/08/WhatsNewFig4a.png
>>>
>>> So based on them, I've created a new header image, which also adds a
>> bit
>>> of information about the software using our familiar tagline, and
>>> encourages people to get involved:
>>>
>>> https://i.imgur.com/mY2essw.png
>>>
>>> What do you think? We could also translate it for social media on
>> native
>>> language projects...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
>>> The Document Foundation
>>>
>>> --
>>> To unsubscribe e-mail to:
>> [hidden email]
>>> Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-
>>> unsubscribe/
>>> Posting guidelines + more:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> *Simon Phipps*  http://webmink.com
>>
>> *Office:* +1 (415) 683-7660 *or* +44 (238) 098 7027
>> *Signal/Mobile*:  +44 774 776 2816
>>
>> --
>> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>> Problems?
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>> Posting guidelines + more:
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>> List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
>> Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New header image for social media channels

In reply to this post by Charles-H. Schulz
Hi Charles,

On 14/08/2018 17:57, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
>
> what message are we trying to send here? It may be simpler than
> the previous one but I am not sure I'm getting it...

We previously just had the 3D icons, with no message at all. This newer
design attempts to provide a bit more information straight away:

* What it is (free office suite)
* Who makes it (a community)
* That anyone can get involved

So people who've never come across LibreOffice before get immediate
information about what it is, without having to find the specific box on
the social media page that provides more information (which sometimes
requires a click to expand).

So I think it's better than just icons with no meaning at all. Of
course, in the future we can experiment with other designs. We could do
the cliched "smiling people sitting in an office" but I think people
don't pay any attention to that.

We can also use group photos from LibOCon (we still have that on the
Google+ page, as we have a much more technically minded community there,
so I think it's especially important to emphasise the project). But for
general awareness spreading I think we need to make it absolutely clear,
from the first second, what LibreOffice is...

Cheers,
Mike

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Next » 12