New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

Ricardo Palomares Martínez Ricardo Palomares Martínez

New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

Hi,

After a long time since version 0.7, we have finally put it together a
new version of Spanish spell checking and thesaurus dictionaries (we
have migrated the project from its old home,
https://forja.rediris.es/projects/rla-es/ , to GitHub):

https://github.com/sbosio/rla-es/releases/tag/v0.8

LibreOffice is using es_ANY edition. I have to admit that I don't
understand very well the process of updating the dictionary through
Gerrit outlined here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries#Adding.2FUpdating_bundled_Dictionaries

Will it be enough with just this announcement here? :-)

I have updated the dictionary extensions in LibreOffice extensions
site, too:

http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/spanish-dictionaries/pscreleasefolder.2012-04-18.1033472248/0.8

I will move the state to "Released final" in a couple of days.

TIA

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)
Jacobo Aragunde Pérez Jacobo Aragunde Pérez

Re: New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

Hello Ricardo,

El 11/04/15 a las 19:57, Ricardo Palomares Martínez escribió:
> Hi,
>
> After a long time since version 0.7, we have finally put it together a
> new version of Spanish spell checking and thesaurus dictionaries (we
> have migrated the project from its old home,
> https://forja.rediris.es/projects/rla-es/ , to GitHub):
>
> https://github.com/sbosio/rla-es/releases/tag/v0.8

Thanks a lot for your work :)

> LibreOffice is using es_ANY edition. I have to admit that I don't
> understand very well the process of updating the dictionary through
> Gerrit outlined here:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries#Adding.2FUpdating_bundled_Dictionaries
>
> Will it be enough with just this announcement here? :-)

You would have to clone the dictionaries repository, overwrite the
Spanish dictionary there with the new version, and push the changes. I
can do it for you this time :)

Best,
--
Jacobo Aragunde
Software Engineer at Igalia
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3

Re: New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

> El 11/04/15 a las 19:57, Ricardo Palomares Martínez escribió:
>> LibreOffice is using es_ANY edition. I have to admit that I don't
>> understand very well the process of updating the dictionary through
>> Gerrit outlined here:
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries#Adding.2FUpdating_bundled_Dictionaries

For the record, there was a typo in the instructions outlined in that
wiki page, which I’ve already fixed. Sorry for any confusion!

> You would have to clone the dictionaries repository, overwrite the
> Spanish dictionary there with the new version, and push the changes. I
> can do it for you this time :)

Jacobo’s commit was pushed as
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/commit/?id=cbf6d67e

Best regards
Adolfo
Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> El 11/04/15 a las 19:57, Ricardo Palomares Martínez escribió:
>>> LibreOffice is using es_ANY edition. I have to admit that I don't
>>> understand very well the process of updating the dictionary through
>>> Gerrit outlined here:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries#Adding.2FUpdating_bundled_Dictionaries
>
> For the record, there was a typo in the instructions outlined in that
> wiki page, which I’ve already fixed. Sorry for any confusion!
>
>> You would have to clone the dictionaries repository, overwrite the
>> Spanish dictionary there with the new version, and push the changes. I
>> can do it for you this time :)
>
> Jacobo’s commit was pushed as
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/commit/?id=cbf6d67e

- <name lang="en-US">Spanish spelling dictionary, hyphenation rules,
and thesaurus</name>
+ <name lang="es">Español (España y América Latina): Ortografía,
separación y sinónimos</name>

This prevents localization (other than Spanish) of description.

Regards,
Andras
Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: New version of Spanish dictionaries (0.8)

> - <name lang="en-US">Spanish spelling dictionary, hyphenation rules,
> and thesaurus</name>
> + <name lang="es">Español (España y América Latina): Ortografía,
> separación y sinónimos</name>
>
> This prevents localization (other than Spanish) of description.

Thanks a lot for the heads-up! Corrected with
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/commit/?id=59ff183f473301efcdf7d5b85f3f5e2769d030ac

Adolfo