New web banners. Feedback?

Next » 1234
Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

New web banners. Feedback?

As Christoph asked here :
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
feedback.
So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
Thanks,
Aleksandar

Kévin PEIGNOT-3 Kévin PEIGNOT-3

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hy

Personnnaly I like (and I prefer) Spring Season 1. Spring season 2 is too
colorful, v1 is softer, lighter.

Winter season, for me, shouldn't display "i". We are not Apple (lot of
people would think that), and the i style seems too far from our brand
colors/styles/logo

Autumn season, I think displaying apps icons can be a good idea, but the
arrangment don't feel enough "natural". I don't have any idea to make it
more natural, but I think icons can be a good idea.

Just my thoughts

Kévin

2011/9/21 Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]>

> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
> Thanks,
> Aleksandar

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hi Aleksandar,

I really like the 'winter' and 'spring' versions, especially the ones
with a green backdrop. In my opinion, you should replace the
solid-colored LibreOffice logo by the one using gradients in the banners
with a white background, that would probably make it look more polished.

Greetings

Alex

Am 21.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Aleksandar Dev:

> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
> Thanks,
> Aleksandar

Andrew Pullins Andrew Pullins

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hello Aleksandar,

I really like the spring banners, I like the green more. I would like to see
it with the document icon, the word Office, and The Document Foundation in
black like in the white one.

For the Winter banner I like the White one.  I agree with Kenvon about the
"i" that is pretty much Apples brand.

I do not like the Autumn Banners too much but it inspired me to do a cool
add, when I can do that I will present it to the team.

why did you not call "Mercury" summer? I like both the green and white, I do
not how ever like the brown one all that much. I like the "Powerful,
Creative, Open."

these look grate.

Andrew

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Alexander Wilms
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi Aleksandar,
>
> I really like the 'winter' and 'spring' versions, especially the ones with
> a green backdrop. In my opinion, you should replace the solid-colored
> LibreOffice logo by the one using gradients in the banners with a white
> background, that would probably make it look more polished.
>
> Greetings
>
> Alex
>
> Am 21.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Aleksandar Dev:
>
>  As Christoph asked here :
>> http://listarchives.**libreoffice.org/global/design/**msg03012.html<http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html>
>> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
>> http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/User:**See<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See>
>> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
>> feedback.
>> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
>> Thanks,
>> Aleksandar

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hi Aleksander, all!

Wow, thanks for your mail ... don't know where to start. First, your designs look very professional, clean and LibreOffice like. Thats amazing for the first (and most presumably last) iteration :-)

I assume that we need to check whether people also need smaller web banners, since many request came from people wanting to show their support. Like those "Dowload Firefox" buttons ... but here I am not an expert. Anybody with some experience?

Next, using your personal wiki page an asking for feedback ... great working style.

I already feel a bit sorry being unavailable today (full day workshop, plus evening event) ...hear you soon.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Sent via mobile...

Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]> schrieb:

As Christoph asked here :
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
feedback.
So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
Thanks,
Aleksandar

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Thank you all,
You gave great feedback,all of you. I read all comments and emails
and will update my wiki page with new designs based on your feedback.
Once again, thanks for your support
Aleksandar

Sveinn í Felli Sveinn í Felli

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Þann mið 21.sep 2011 21:52, skrifaði Aleksandar Dev:
> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
> Thanks,
> Aleksandar

My opinion is that Spring 3 is very good, Spring 2 also but
may benefit from a slight gradient inside the logo.

The form factor of the other propositions is surely useful,
Mercury 2 and 3 seem to fit with the design guidelines and
could work. Personally I don't think The Winter and Autumn
series are ready.
Maybe we could develop a similar series of banners/ads for
individual LO-components; I'd think we should be in touch
with marketing for the slogans (same for all or each it's
own ?).

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Some changes I made based on your feedback:

-new banner: Spring Season 3 with better Logo version as suggested

-I changed letter "i" to "I" (my idea was to create something that suggest :
I love freedom
like : I heart_image freedom),you are right about that "i"

>>"Autumn season, I think displaying apps icons can be a good idea, but the
arrangement don't feel enough "natural"."
-I tried to suggest L like Libre with that icons arrangement, new versions
(Autumn Season 3 and 4) are available for review

>> why did you not call "Mercury" summer?
Summer series is coming ;)

>>I'd think we should be in touch with marketing for the slogans (same for
all or each it's own ?
- I use resources I found on wiki ,for slogan ideas I use :
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Slogan
-for fonts,logos and colors I use:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
but that is great idea if someone in marketing can help with ideas or
slogans (I was not sure who I should contact for this)

I tried to keep this reply as short as it can be so I didn't quote every
message but I have all of them in mind
while witting this and while working on design
Thanks everyone,
Aleksandar

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Em 22-09-2011 06:05, Aleksandar Dev escreveu:
> Some changes I made based on your feedback:
>
> -new banner: Spring Season 3 with better Logo version as suggested
>
> -I changed letter "i" to "I" (my idea was to create something that suggest :
> I love freedom
> like : I heart_image freedom),you are right about that "i"

A heart inside the box?

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hi Alexandar, all,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.

Great work, and welcome to the design team! I agree with others that
Spring 3 is the most attractive proposal.

I would suggest a subtle drop shadow on the Download Now text.
For winter, I would suggest using the stylised LibreOffice logo
(lighter outline with inner shadow effect, just like you have in the
logo at the bottom-left) and having the text match the green in Winter
2 (i.e., it should be lighter)
For the autumn series, I would suggest overlaying the top of each icon
over the bottom of the other icons in the vertical segment of your 'L'
shape; this would make it more consistent with the horizontal segment.
For Mercury, I would use the version with the grey background, but
with white text rather than green. I do like the green version too -
it's just that the logo seems to lack depth; maybe we should work on a
white version of the logo that has a similar inner shadow effect?

Regards,
Ivan.

Kévin PEIGNOT-3 Kévin PEIGNOT-3

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

I love Autumn 3 end Autumn 4, but I think you should let a litle space
between apps icons and Download Now button. If it's chosen, we will have to
translate it manually for use in other languages.

I loved Spring season, I prefer spring season 3 ! The gradient idea was
great !

Kévin

2011/9/21 Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]>

> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
> Thanks,
> Aleksandar

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Thanks Olivier, I updated Winter Season with 2 designs with that idea:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See#Banners_:_Spread_the_word

2011/9/22 Olivier Hallot <[hidden email]>

> Em 22-09-2011 06:05, Aleksandar Dev escreveu:
>
>  Some changes I made based on your feedback:
>>
>> -new banner: Spring Season 3 with better Logo version as suggested
>>
>> -I changed letter "i" to "I" (my idea was to create something that suggest
>> :
>> I love freedom
>> like : I heart_image freedom),you are right about that "i"
>>

> A heart inside the box?
>
> --
> Olivier Hallot
> Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation
> Voicing the enterprise needs
> LibreOffice translation leader for Brazilian Portuguese
> +55-21-8822-8812

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Thank you very much Ivan, I will make changes you wrote. You are right about
that  icons.
I will arrange them like you said and work on other details ;)
I am glad to be part of the team,
Aleksandar

2011/9/22 Ivan M. <[hidden email]>

> Hi Alexandar, all,
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > As Christoph asked here :
> > http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> > I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> > As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> > feedback.
> > So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
>
> Great work, and welcome to the design team! I agree with others that
> Spring 3 is the most attractive proposal.
>
> I would suggest a subtle drop shadow on the Download Now text.
> For winter, I would suggest using the stylised LibreOffice logo
> (lighter outline with inner shadow effect, just like you have in the
> logo at the bottom-left) and having the text match the green in Winter
> 2 (i.e., it should be lighter)
> For the autumn series, I would suggest overlaying the top of each icon
> over the bottom of the other icons in the vertical segment of your 'L'
> shape; this would make it more consistent with the horizontal segment.
> For Mercury, I would use the version with the grey background, but
> with white text rather than green. I do like the green version too -
> it's just that the logo seems to lack depth; maybe we should work on a
> white version of the logo that has a similar inner shadow effect?
>
> Regards,
> Ivan.

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

You are right, I will work on that space. And yes, gradient idea made
everything looks much better. Thanks for feedback

2011/9/22 Kévin PEIGNOT <[hidden email]>

> I love Autumn 3 end Autumn 4, but I think you should let a litle space
> between apps icons and Download Now button. If it's chosen, we will have to
> translate it manually for use in other languages.
>
> I loved Spring season, I prefer spring season 3 ! The gradient idea was
> great !
>
> Kévin
>
> 2011/9/21 Aleksandar Dev <[hidden email]>
>
> > As Christoph asked here :
> > http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> > I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> > As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> > feedback.
> > So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.
> > Thanks,
> > Aleksandar
> >
> > --
> > deleted

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hi Aleksandar,
Am 21.09.2011 23:52, schrieb Aleksandar Dev:
> As Christoph asked here :
> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/msg03012.html
> I created new web banners. I posted them on my new (and only) wiki page:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See
> As this is my first time to post new design here I would like to get
> feedback.
> So please feel free to write, any feedback is welcome.

I like Spring Season 3 and Autumn Season 3

Some things to Autumn:

Autumn Season 1 and 2:
I won't put the Math icon on the top. Our top modules are Writer and
Calc. So eventually put Writer, Calc and Impress on the line and Draw,
Math and Base on the height.

Autumn 3 (and 4):
The text is hardly readable for me because of the motif in the back.
I won't put the two grey icons math and normal side by side. Maybe test
the following order: Base, Math, Draw, Normal, Writer, Calc, Impress or so.

As you see through the reactions on this ml: great job.

--
Grüße
k-j

David Nelson David Nelson

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Hi Aleksandar,

Really nice graphics! :-)

I see you posted .png files. Did you have the originals in .svg form?
Or maybe .xcf or .psd form? It would be great to have those source
files so that we could maybe make small edits to the wording, and so
that people can produce translated versions in other languages... Any
chance of this?

--
David Nelson

Kévin PEIGNOT-3 Kévin PEIGNOT-3

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Yes, we will need them... But only once we have the final version ;)

2011/9/22 David Nelson <[hidden email]>

> Hi Aleksandar,
>
> Really nice graphics! :-)
>
> I see you posted .png files. Did you have the originals in .svg form?
> Or maybe .xcf or .psd form? It would be great to have those source
> files so that we could maybe make small edits to the wording, and so
> that people can produce translated versions in other languages... Any
> chance of this?
>
> --
> David Nelson

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

Thanks. Of course, it won't be problem for me to upload psd files so you can
edit and use them.

2011/9/22 David Nelson <[hidden email]>

> Hi Aleksandar,
>
> Really nice graphics! :-)
>
> I see you posted .png files. Did you have the originals in .svg form?
> Or maybe .xcf or .psd form? It would be great to have those source
> files so that we could maybe make small edits to the wording, and so
> that people can produce translated versions in other languages... Any
> chance of this?
>
> --
> David Nelson

Aleksandar Dev Aleksandar Dev

Re: New web banners. Feedback?

I uploaded new Summer Season series and few other designs:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See

Once again,thank you all, response from community was great
Aleksandar

Daniel Merker Daniel Merker

RE: New web banners. Feedback?

Wow! Great job!

Spring Season 3 seems to be the most professionally done out of the Springs. I'm a big fan of the white/white with slight gradient background banners for LibreOffice. It makes the whole look appear cleaner. Sometimes less is more...

Winter Season 1b seems to be the most professionally done out of the Winters. With this season, it really needs the heart; it makes the banner make a lot more sense to non-LibreOffice people. As stated before, the white background seems cleaner and more professional than the green.

Autumn Season 2 and 3 seem to be the most professionally done out of the Autumns. Between the two, Autumn Season 3 seems more natural. My only critique is that perhaps the Math icon should be separated from the LibreOffice icon since they have the same color in Autumn Season 3. If the arrangement was similar to the Summer season ordering, then it should be fine.

Summer Season 1 and 3 seems to be the most professionally done out of the Summers. Between the two, Summer Season 1 seems to align with the brand better. Summer Season 3 would be nice for high contrast situations (i.e. visual impaired individuals). My only critique is that Summer Season 8 should not have the cut-off edge. IMHO, the trimmed corner should be reserved for the paper icons; otherwise, we risk over-using it and making the motif a secondary look.

In summary... You are awesome ^_^

Daniel Merker
Computer Engineering Graduate Student
Wayne State University