No Documentation???

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs

No Documentation???

Please someone tell me I'm wrong here and/or have misunderstood something.

I go to the TDF home page http://www.documentfoundation.org/ and click the
LibreOffice button. This takes me to
http://www.documentfoundation.org/download/ from where I can download the
software.

BUT:
there is no link to any documentation
there is no link to any support - forums, FAQs, mail lists, Wikis etc. etc.
there is no statement of system requirements, nor a link to such a statement
there are no installation instructions, nor a link to such instructions
there is no link to any repository of extensions (nor any way for a newbie
to discover that such things exist)
There is no MD5 sum for the file to be downloaded

What am I doing wrong, please?

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

spaetz spaetz

Re: No Documentation???

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:10:32 -0000, "Harold Fuchs" wrote:
> there is no link to any documentation
> there is no link to any support - forums, FAQs, mail lists, Wikis etc. etc.
> there is no statement of system requirements, nor a link to such a statement
> there are no installation instructions, nor a link to such instructions
> there is no link to any repository of extensions (nor any way for a newbie
> to discover that such things exist)
> There is no MD5 sum for the file to be downloaded
>
> What am I doing wrong, please?

You are not contributing to the new website (currently at
http://www.test.libreoffice.org/) which will fix all these issues :P.

Sebastian

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: No Documentation???

Hi, :-)

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 00:10, Harold Fuchs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> there are no installation instructions, nor a link to such instructions

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux

If you're using Linux, check the readme distributed with the download.
We already had this question about installation instructions for
Linux, and hopefully the problem is satisfactorily addressed... ;-)

HTH.

David Nelson