No corresponding column type could be found for column 'ID'.

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

No corresponding column type could be found for column 'ID'.

Windows 7 64 bit, Version: 6.2.3.2 (x64)

I have two databases.

Both have "ID" defined as the first field in the databases.

The first database is an import of text files that is unregistered. I
believe it is Firebird, but do not know how to confirm this. The header
to the text file has "ID" in the first line, first position and all its
fields are blank.

Example:

ID;Model;Tube;Position;Date;Time;Ions;Select;Series;Settings
;1-1612-0023-192;1-1617-0009-1759;1.1;2019-05-14;3:32:00 PM;  503075;0;135;100

"ID" field was defined as "Text [ VARCHAR ]" automatically at Import and
does not define "ID" as a key field.

The second database is firebird registered.

"ID" is defined as "Integer [ INTEGER ]".

When I want to append a Table from database one to database two, I get
the message "No corresponding column type could be found for column 'ID'."

It does not let me skip this warning and move to the next screen where I
would usually uncheck the field and allow automatic key to be filled in
second database.

Any suggestions welcome.

Paul

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: No corresponding column type could be found for column 'ID'.

Hi Paul,

> When I want to append a Table from database one to database two, I get
> the message "No corresponding column type could be found for column
> 'ID'."

The field "ID" from the Firebird-table must be autovalue.

I you will import the table, which all contains text-fields, the wizard
will start. First you have to add the targettablename the content of the
fields should be added to. Mark also "First row will show fieldnames"
(don't know how it is called in English). Then goto next and mark all
fields of your importtable except "ID", if this content created new and
shouldn't be moved to the targettable. Switch with the arrow-buttons on
the right the field of the targettable, which should be filled by the
content of your importtable. The field ID of the targettable could be at
the same position as the field of the importtable, because you have
deselected the field ID from the importtable.

Hope this will work for you.

Regards

Robert

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: No corresponding column type could be found for column 'ID'.

Hello Robert

See below.
Hello Robert

See below.

On 5/16/2019 2:53 PM, Robert Großkopf wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>> When I want to append a Table from database one to database two, I get
>> the message "No corresponding column type could be found for column
>> 'ID'."
> The field "ID" from the Firebird-table must be autovalue.
The receiving firebird database two is ID primary key, AutoValue = yes,
Length = 10

> I you will import the table, which all contains text-fields, the wizard
> will start. First you have to add the targettablename the content of the
> fields should be added to. Mark also "First row will show fieldnames"
> (don't know how it is called in English).

Up to this point everything works.

Table name is set correctly and Append Data is checked (circle filled
with blue)

"Use first line as column names" is already check marked and cannot be
changed.

Click on "Next" and then message shows "No corresponding column type
could be found for column 'ID'."

Cannot continue past this message.