Number Paragraphs?

PDA1 PDA1

Number Paragraphs?

How do I number paragraphs in Writer?

I need to have paragraphs numbered like this;

[0001] AND THEN A PARAGRAPH OF TEXT

[0002] AND THEN ANOTHER PARAGRAPH OF TEXT

Tom Tom

Re: Number Paragraphs?

Hi :)
Bullets&Numbering?  I think that gets you part of the way but i'm not sure how to customise the numbering as i have so far only needed the default one!
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

I need to have paragraphs numbered like this;

[0001] AND THEN A PARAGRAPH OF TEXT

[0002] AND THEN ANOTHER PARAGRAPH OF TEXT

Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Re: Number Paragraphs?

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM, PDA1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do I number paragraphs in Writer?
>
> I need to have paragraphs numbered like this;
>
> [0001] AND THEN A PARAGRAPH OF TEXT
>

> [0002] AND THEN ANOTHER PARAGRAPH OF TEXT

You can have a numbered list, then go to Format→Bullets and Numbering →Options
and select which character to put before and which after. (you put [ and ]).
I managed to get the style you need, however I could not figure out a
way to prepend the zeros, as in [0001]. You can easily get the [1],
[2], etc.

Simos

Pedro Pedro

Re: Number Paragraphs?

Simos Xenitellis wrote
You can have a numbered list, then go to Format→Bullets and Numbering →Options
and select which character to put before and which after. (you put [ and ]).
I managed to get the style you need, however I could not figure out a
way to prepend the zeros, as in [0001]. You can easily get the [1],
[2], etc.
You could prepend [000 instead but that only works until item 9... then it becomes [00010] :)