ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi,

I asked the program commitee of the LinuxTag (http://linuxtag.org) if a ODF-Track
would fit into the conception of the lecture programme for 2012 and I get a positive
feedback. Thus I'm working on an ODF-Track, that should cover presentations for users
of ODF-Programs as well as topics for admins.

We are looking for presentations about topics about specific program usage and
(upcomming) features as well as presentations about administration, e.g. user
management in bigger environments or extension management, QA, etc.

The LinuxTag 2012 will take place from 23.5. to 26.5.2012 at the Berlin Fairgrounds.

The call for papers ends at the 31.1.2012 and we need the papers up to that date in
the virtual conference system of the LinuxTag: https://vcc.linuxtag.org/

If you want to file a paper and run into difficulties with the vCC, you could give me
a ping and I'll lend you a hand. The presentations could be in German or in English.
I'm curious looking for your proposals.
To get the track running I need about 8 to 10 presentations.

Regards,
Andreas
--
## Developer LibreOffice
## http://LibreOffice.org

Svante Schubert Svante Schubert

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

On 05.01.2012 22:29, Andreas Mantke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I asked the program commitee of the LinuxTag (http://linuxtag.org) if a ODF-Track
> would fit into the conception of the lecture programme for 2012 and I get a positive
> feedback. Thus I'm working on an ODF-Track, that should cover presentations for users
> of ODF-Programs as well as topics for admins.
>
> We are looking for presentations about topics about specific program usage and
> (upcomming) features as well as presentations about administration, e.g. user
> management in bigger environments or extension management, QA, etc.
>
> The LinuxTag 2012 will take place from 23.5. to 26.5.2012 at the Berlin Fairgrounds.
>
> The call for papers ends at the 31.1.2012 and we need the papers up to that date in
> the virtual conference system of the LinuxTag: https://vcc.linuxtag.org/
>
> If you want to file a paper and run into difficulties with the vCC, you could give me
> a ping and I'll lend you a hand. The presentations could be in German or in English.
> I'm curious looking for your proposals.
> To get the track running I need about 8 to 10 presentations.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
As I am now living in Berlin, I won't miss the chance of an home match
and would like to give an update on ODF change-tracking.

Regards,
Svante

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: Fwd: [libreoffice-marketing] ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi Svante,

thanks for your help with forwarding it to the AOOoI-lists. Because I'm not subscribed to that lists I wonder if I could post to them or need someone to forward it.

If you could forward the cfp to the Abiword- and the KOffice-Community (I don't know the new name at the moment) or give me contact-addresses for those projects, that would help. They are also invited to provide proposals.

If there are any questions about the cfp or the tools, please ping me by PM or include me by CC.

Regards,
Andreas
--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit GMX Mail gesendet.

Svante Schubert <[hidden email]> schrieb:

FYI - excuse the cross-posting, any comments/questions should be raised at the original list.. - Svante -------- Original Message -------- Subject: [libreoffice-marketing] ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:29:43 +0100 From: Andreas Mantke Reply-To: [hidden email] To: [hidden email] Hi, I asked the program commitee of the LinuxTag (http://linuxtag.org) if a ODF-Track would fit into the conception of the lecture programme for 2012 and I get a positive feedback. Thus I'm working on an ODF-Track, that should cover presentations for users of ODF-Programs as well as topics for admins. We are looking for presentations about topics about specific program usage and (upcomming) features as well as presentations about administration, e.g. user management in bigger environments or extension management, QA, etc. The LinuxTag 2012 will take place from 23.5. to 26.5.2012 at the Berlin Fairgrounds. The call for papers
ends at the 31.1.2012 and we need the papers up to that date in the virtual conference system of the LinuxTag: https://vcc.linuxtag.org/ If you want to file a paper and run into difficulties with the vCC, you could give me a ping and I'll lend you a hand. The presentations could be in German or in English. I'm curious looking for your proposals. To get the track running I need about 8 to 10 presentations. Regards, Andreas -- ## Developer LibreOffice ## Freie Office-Suite für Linux, Mac, Windows ## http://LibreOffice.org ## Support the Document Foundation (http://documentfoundation.org) ## Meine Seite: http://www.amantke.de -- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email] Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/ Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/ All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
be deleted

Tom Tom

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Are there enough presentations yet?  If you need more have other lists been informed?  Perhaps time for an announcement?

On 05.01.2012 22:29, Andreas Mantke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I asked the program commitee of the LinuxTag (http://linuxtag.org) if a ODF-Track
> would fit into the conception of the lecture programme for 2012 and I get a positive
> feedback. Thus I'm working on an ODF-Track, that should cover presentations for users
> of ODF-Programs as well as topics for admins.
>
> We are looking for presentations about topics about specific program usage and
> (upcomming) features as well as presentations about administration, e.g. user
> management in bigger environments or extension management, QA, etc.
>
> The LinuxTag 2012 will take place from 23.5. to 26.5.2012 at the Berlin Fairgrounds.
>
> The call for papers ends at the 31.1.2012 and we need the papers up to that date in
> the virtual conference system of the LinuxTag: https://vcc.linuxtag.org/
>
> If you want to file a paper and run into difficulties with the vCC, you could give me
> a ping and I'll lend you a hand. The presentations could be in German or in English.
> I'm curious looking for your proposals.
> To get the track running I need about 8 to 10 presentations.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas
As I am now living in Berlin, I won't miss the chance of an home match
and would like to give an update on ODF change-tracking.

Regards,
Svante

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi Tom, *,

there are currently not enough presentations. Svante forwarded the mail to other
lists and to members of OASIS. But feel free to forward the mail to others or write a
blogpost etc. about it.

Regards,
Andreas

Tom Tom

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi :)
Ah, that is disappointing.  I was hoping that we were only a couple of presentations short and that a new announcement would be enough to bring them in.

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Andreas Mantke wrote on 2012-01-16 20:08:
> there are currently not enough presentations. Svante forwarded the mail to other
> lists and to members of OASIS. But feel free to forward the mail to others or write a
> blogpost etc. about it.

when is the deadline again for sending in proposals?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi Florian,

Am Dienstag, 17. Januar 2012, 10:26:02 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
> Hi,
>
> Andreas Mantke wrote on 2012-01-16 20:08:
> > there are currently not enough presentations. Svante forwarded the mail
> > to other lists and to members of OASIS. But feel free to forward the
> > mail to others or write a blogpost etc. about it.
>
> when is the deadline again for sending in proposals?

the deadline is the end of _this_ month, January 2012.

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Mantke wrote on 2012-01-17 20:24:
> the deadline is the end of_this_  month, January 2012.

I propose then to also remind the DE community again. I'd love to send
in a talk, but I cannot plan until May, since this year will bring some
changes for me, and I don't know about my availability then...

Florian

Tom Tom

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi :)
Florian can you send an official TDF announcement?  That might boost interest.  I'm not sure if it's really appropriate but if TDF were able to get enough then it would be a good bit of marketing and very impressive.  Perhaps worthy of an article or few.

Tom Davies wrote on 2012-01-17 21:39:
> Florian can you send an official TDF announcement?  That might boost interest.  I'm not sure if it's really appropriate but if TDF were able to get enough then it would be a good bit of marketing and very impressive.  Perhaps worthy of an article or few.

I would rather prefer to send an announcement when we have enough talks.
;-) Sending out an announcement, and then not doing it because the lack
of talks would be rather bad...

I, however, already put the news out on various social networks to
spread the word.

Florian

Tom Tom

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi :)
Ok, sounds good :)  Getting the word out there is the main thing.

>From my perspective it sounds a bit like the announce list would wait until after an event to publicise the event but i think that is probably due to a mis-translation somewhere along the line and a lack of understanding on my part.  Either way the important thing is that word is getting out there to generate interest.

So, all good even if a little confused here in freezing-cold, rainy, windy England (and that's inside the office)!

Tom Davies wrote on 2012-01-18 12:44:
> Ok, sounds good:)   Getting the word out there is the main thing.
>
>> From my perspective it sounds a bit like the announce list would wait until after an event to publicise the event but i think that is probably due to a mis-translation somewhere along the line and a lack of understanding on my part.  Either way the important thing is that word is getting out there to generate interest.
>
> So, all good even if a little confused here in freezing-cold, rainy, windy England (and that's inside the office)!

just got a tip that it might be helpful to directly approach some people
from the ODF Adoption TC - Andreas, do you have time to do so?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: ODF-Track at the LinuxTag 2012: Call for Papers

Hi Florian, *,

Am Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 13:28:15 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

> Hi,
>
> Tom Davies wrote on 2012-01-18 12:44:
> > Ok, sounds good:)   Getting the word out there is the main thing.
> >
> >> From my perspective it sounds a bit like the announce list would wait
> >> until after an event to publicise the event but i think that is
> >> probably due to a mis-translation somewhere along the line and a lack
> >> of understanding on my part.  Either way the important thing is that
> >> word is getting out there to generate interest.
> >
> > So, all good even if a little confused here in freezing-cold, rainy,
> > windy England (and that's inside the office)!
>
> just got a tip that it might be helpful to directly approach some people
> from the ODF Adoption TC - Andreas, do you have time to do so?

if you could jump in, that would be nice. I'm swamped with some todos for FrODeV, the
development for the LibreOffice template site and ODFAuthors.org

Regards,
Andreas

Andreas Mantke wrote on 2012-01-18 20:28:
> if you could jump in, that would be nice. I'm swamped with some todos for FrODeV, the
> development for the LibreOffice template site and ODFAuthors.org

sorry, have to reject that this time - instead of doing my own stuff,
been working the last two days nearly exclusively for TDF, so really to
get some of my stuff done. :/

Maybe someone else can.

Florian

On 18.01.2012 20:28, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Hi Florian, *,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 18. Januar 2012, 13:28:15 schrieb Florian Effenberger:

>> just got a tip that it might be helpful to directly approach some people
>> from the ODF Adoption TC - Andreas, do you have time to do so?
> if you could jump in, that would be nice. I'm swamped with some todos for FrODeV, the
> development for the LibreOffice template site and ODFAuthors.org
I might take over to ask the people from ODF Adoption TC. Interesting
would be in general to ask anyone, who held earlier a presentation on an
ODF track, sent them an email..

- Svante