ODF checking out

JohnSmith JohnSmith

ODF checking out

Hi

I selected my file as in our previous discussions and clicked on "Check
out" in "Actions". I changed my mind and then clicked "Cancel check out".
Unfortunately the system keeps the file as 'checked out' and locked. Nor
is there now the option to check it again (as it's retained as locked I
assume).
The file in question is Writer Ch11.
I am actually happy to leave it locked as I do have a new one to upload.
It does however raise the question of why the system does not release it
if "Cancel check out" is clicked.
Hope I've not broken it. :-)

John

eskroni eskroni

Re: ODF checking out

Hi John,

On 19 January 2012 16:58, John Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I selected my file as in our previous discussions and clicked on "Check out"
> in "Actions". I changed my mind and then clicked "Cancel check out".
> Unfortunately the system keeps the file as 'checked out' and locked. Nor is
> there now the option to check it again (as it's retained as locked I
> assume).
> The file in question is Writer Ch11.

The file was the one in the folder "To be updated to LO3.4", correct?
I did cancel it for you.

> I am actually happy to leave it locked as I do have a new one to upload. It
> does however raise the question of why the system does not release it if
> "Cancel check out" is clicked.
> Hope I've not broken it. :-)

No, you did not break it. :)
But you have to confirm the cancelling request. Did you do this?

Sigrid