[OT] Japan Earthquake

NoOp NoOp

[OT] Japan Earthquake

To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan & areas affected
by the earthquake,

I wish you, your families, and friends well.

Gary

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

On 3/12/11 12:44 AM, NoOp wrote:
> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

here here.

yahoo-pier_andreit yahoo-pier_andreit

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Il 12/03/2011 00:44, NoOp ha scritto:
> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

the same for me :-)

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

2011/3/12 NoOp <[hidden email]>

> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan & areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

私の最も深い同情を表明させて頂きます。。。。

Henri
carlo.strata carlo.strata

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Il 12/03/2011 00:44, NoOp ha scritto:
> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> Gary

Mee too,

Carlo

ing. Carlo Strata
-
via Botticelli 1/4
30031 Dolo - VE
Italia - Italy
-
tel./fax +39.041.822.0665
cell. +39.347.85.69.824
Skype carlo.strata
Google carlo.strata.69
-
carlo.strata@tiscali.it
PEC: carlo.strata@ingpec.eu

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

NoOp wrote on 2011-03-12 00.44:
> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.

I second that. I am shocked by what happens in Japan, and my thoughts,
wishes and hopes are with our friends there. I hope all of you and your
beloved ones, your families and friends are okay, and I keep you in my
prayers.

You have friends all around the world, who think of you in these hard times.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Takeshi Abe Takeshi Abe

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Hello all,

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:44:57 -0800, NoOp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan & areas affected
> by the earthquake,
>
> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
In the east part of Japan repeated aftershocks threaten us still now on.
Like many friends in the western region I am well, with deep sorrow
of losing contact of some of our community members.
My heart can not tell more, but sure of one thing:
I never forget your kind words of sympathy. Thank you all.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe

David Emmerich Jourdain-2 David Emmerich Jourdain-2

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Hi Takeshi, friends of our Libre community in Japan.

In a truly globalized world, are the personal relationships that ensure the
maintenance of humanization.

Be sure that this disaster not only sensitizes us, but moves and reminds us
that it's deeply necessary to keep our personal relationships narrow.

So I wish you, your family and friends to overcome up this disaster as
quickly as possible.

Our best wishes and our prayers are for you.

David

elcico2001 एल्चिको elcico2001 एल्चिको

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Il 12/03/2011 14:47, Florian Effenberger ha scritto:

> Hello,
>
> NoOp wrote on 2011-03-12 00.44:
>> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
>> by the earthquake,
>>
>> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> I second that. I am shocked by what happens in Japan, and my thoughts,
> wishes and hopes are with our friends there. I hope all of you and
> your beloved ones, your families and friends are okay, and I keep you
> in my prayers.
>
> You have friends all around the world, who think of you in these hard
> times.
>
> Florian

Joining all of you in prayers for Japanese people, I'm also reporting
Volker Merschmann words (on website list), and my final consideration:

  - - -

I think that we should drop or reduce the donation ads on the website
with regard to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  At least the big
ad in the wiki should be evaporated.
There are people in this world today that need donations more than TDF.

Thanks for considering.

Volker

  - - -

Maybe a generic invitation for donations to organizations that help in
Japan would be appropriate.

Namastè

--
cico
----

elcico2001 एल्चिको wrote on 2011-03-12 18.55:
> Joining all of you in prayers for Japanese people, I'm also reporting
> Volker Merschmann words (on website list), and my final consideration:

I've forwarded this to the steering-discuss list, so let's follow-up there.

Thanks,
Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

sophi sophi

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Hi all,

> Hello,
>
> NoOp wrote on 2011-03-12 00.44:
>> To all the LibreOffice/TDF users/contributors in Japan&  areas affected
>> by the earthquake,
>>
>> I wish you, your families, and friends well.
>
> I second that. I am shocked by what happens in Japan, and my thoughts,
> wishes and hopes are with our friends there. I hope all of you and
> your beloved ones, your families and friends are okay, and I keep you
> in my prayers.
>
> You have friends all around the world, who think of you in these hard
> times.

I join my voice to yours too.
Kind regards
Sophie

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

Hi all,

Thank you all for your concern.

I live in Ichinoseki next to Rikuzentakada and Ofunato, the coast area
devastated by the tsunami.
I and Ichinoseki citizens who also suffer from the quake would like to
help and support people who are evacuated from the area.

We need your help.

Please read my blog.
http://openoffice.exblog.jp/12284384/

Thanks,
khirano

Zaphod Feeblejocks Zaphod Feeblejocks

Re: [OT] Japan Earthquake

> I think that we should drop or reduce the donation ads on the website
> with regard to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.  At least the big
> ad in the wiki should be evaporated.
> There are people in this world today that need donations more than TDF.
>
> Thanks for considering.
>
> Volker

I think this is a good idea.

Proposal: Replace the banner, for 1 week, with a link to this page:
http://www.ifrc.org/en/get-involved/donate/donation/?DisasterPageID=51098

It's the international Red Cross/Crescent.  No particular reason for choosing them, apart from they are a well-
known and respected body.  There are others (MSF, TEAR fund, etc) - but they may not be as well recognised
to everyone seeing the site.

ZF.--
Zaphod

Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote on 2011-03-18 21.32:
> I think this is a good idea.
>
> Proposal: Replace the banner, for 1 week, with a link to this page:
> http://www.ifrc.org/en/get-involved/donate/donation/?DisasterPageID=51098
>
> It's the international Red Cross/Crescent.  No particular reason for choosing them, apart from they are a well-
> known and respected body.  There are others (MSF, TEAR fund, etc) - but they may not be as well recognised
> to everyone seeing the site.

we had a hard time thinking of what is right - but we received lots of
feedback from Japan, also from people who were directly affected, and
most of them told us that TDF should follow its mission.

What I will do today, is to privately tweet some information from
friends in Japan, to raise awareness and make people donate.

Florian