OT- too many emails- how do I stop them?

PDA1 PDA1

OT- too many emails- how do I stop them?

Tom Tom

Re: OT- too many emails- how do I stop them?

Hi :)
You can always unsubscribe and then subscribe to the "nomail" option and then just use Nabble or GMane to subscribe to single threads.

I tried the nomail option without unsubscribing from the list but i still get all the mails which is what the instrauctions say will happen.  I need to unsubscribe from the normal option to complete the set-up.

On 02/24/2012 11:14 AM, . wrote:

> I get  too many emails from LibreOffice.
>
> Is there a way to modify some sort of mail settings so that I only get
> replies to my queries?

Remove yourself from the lists and get set up with Nabble.

Nabble has the info on these lists, but in a browser based format, so no
emails.

To be honest, you might want to use a different option in the
"http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/" page.  The email lists seem not
to be what you needed.

nabbler nabbler

On 24/02/2012, . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to modify some sort of mail settings so that I only get
> replies to my queries?

There does not look to be this function. Perhaps you can try digest
mode. A single message is received via e-mail, containing a number of
messages posted to the mailing list. You can reply to individual
messages by replying to the single digest message with the syntax:
users+get-1atglobal..., where '1' is the message number in the digest.
An example digest message shown below:

On 25/02/2012, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Topics (messages 17443 through 17472):
>
> [libreoffice-users] bug in creating forms
>       17443 - Stefano Fraccaro <[hidden email]>
>
> [libreoffice-users] Top posting
>       17444 - Marc Grober <[hidden email]>
>
> [libreoffice-users] Top posting
>       17445 - Marc Grober <[hidden email]>

Note the appearance of message quote angle bracket (>) marks. If your
mail client/web mail interface cannot produce this type of reply
format, it is poor quality and not suitable for mailing lists.

marcgrober marcgrober

Re: OT- too many emails- how do I stop them?

Try adding a tag to your subject line and then use your mail client filters to put from the list in the trash save for those with your tag in the subject line.